NEurope

I haven't bought his new album (don't think it's even out yet?) and I won't.

Most stuff I buy I test on last.fm or iTunes/Amazon 30 second previews, but some stuff I just buy without testing because it's by an artist I like. I like the thrill of getting a CD and listening to it all through for the first time without any idea of what it's going to be like. Listening to previews/thepiratebay can destroy that feeling sometimes.

I may have been tricked by this CD if I hadn't come across some articles about him and that producer fella.

Thou are forgiven, then. :geek:

Blink 182 reuniting! Gunna wank now I think.

Brilliant News

AVA and Plus 44 are **** though so not sure what to expect

Hopefuly a progression on the self titled album rather than a return to the pop punk ways. Also can't see travis ever stepping on a plane again to bring a tour to the UK

Wow. Why did I ever come back to this board? Some of the names may have changed but they're wankers all the same.

I could carry on replying but this 'better than you' attitude really just grinds me.

And I bet you loved that post, I bet you'd love it too if he was being a complete dick to you for little reason other than to get comments like yours to make him feel better.

Cya.

Dear god, stfu about Blink already. The shitty return of a shitty band, woo-hoo, what's the fucking cause for celebration?

Good Girl/Carrots by Panda Bear is my favourite song more than 12 minutes in length.

so i was sitting here listening to good girl/carrots, scrolling through this thread when i read this post. how WEIRD

Dear god, stfu about Blink already. The shitty return of a shitty band, woo-hoo, what's the fucking cause for celebration?

I'm more pleased at the fact they are friends again, I used to love Blink. In reality I can see them releasing a poor pop punk album instead of continuing from their last album (which was amazing imo) and as I've said before I can't see Travis stepping on a plane again to come over here.

Given the fact that AVA and Plus 44 are both shockingly bad bands im happy but still a bit apprehensive.

Wow. Why did I ever come back to this board? Some of the names may have changed but they're wankers all the same.

I could carry on replying but this 'better than you' attitude really just grinds me.

And I bet you loved that post, I bet you'd love it too if he was being a complete dick to you for little reason other than to get comments like yours to make him feel better.

Cya.

I bet you love to smell your own farts, don't you?

(Oh, look!! I've managed to come down to your level of ritualistic self-promotion through insult!)

Oh, and thanks for letting me know I'm a wanker. You're a real Nostradamus.

Little sidenote, can someone congratulate me on this post, please? I've been feeling pretty down lately, and I need the validation of others to make my friendless existence bearable. :sad:

I have to say, I assumed they were in the same category of Green Day (now) and Good Charlotte...profitable, non-offensive rock that's alternatively amusing and bland.

So this joy at their return perplexed me. I was evidently wrong. ::shrug:

---

I love that one of The Sacred 8 With Good Music Taste wants to get She's So Unusual by Cyndi Lauper after, at his request, I put in on the speakers in art tonight.

It is surprisingly good, lets be fair. With the epic opener, Money Changes Everything, being the highlight.

I'm pretty chuffed because their music is pretty easy going and fun. They aren't musical geniuses but they make good catchy songs that me and my friends can enjoy on drunken nights out. What's My Age Again? is a great song. Plus a lot of people grew up with them, they hit fame as we were teenagers. etc.

This also applies to the announcement of the new Greenday album.

I'm pretty chuffed because their music is pretty easy going and fun. They aren't musical geniuses but they make good catchy songs that me and my friends can enjoy on drunken nights out. What's My Age Again? is a great song. Plus a lot of people grew up with them, they hit fame as we were teenagers. etc.

I grew up with them, Adam Song was my favourite song, growing up. But then I did just that... I grew up. Seriously, how in the world can you people still be charmed by their spell... Arrrg. Anywho, impartially speaking, they have yet to write a good song. A single one.

Right on bro. They were probably my favourite band growing up for exactly the reason you stated.

I'm also wondering how you equate having good musical taste with Cyndi Lauper

Yeah I'm kind of pleased for that reason, can't actually listen to their old stuff these days though. Just struggle to enjoy it like I used to. I'll stand by it though, the self titled album was class.

Right on bro. They were probably my favourite band growing up for exactly the reason you stated.

Because that album is unusually (no pun intended) good. I only knew her from her 2 big songs, and she's a lot more interesting outwith them. I'm not her biggest fan...not much interest in any of her other albums, but I'm just saying. It's 80's pop, but actually decent and passionate.

Do you have the album?

What in the hell are you on about?

I grew up with them, Adam Song was my favourite song, growing up. But then I did just that... I grew up. Seriously, how in the world can you people still be charmed by their spell... Arrrg. Anywho, impartially speaking, they have yet to write a good song. A single one.

Some people move on others don't we're all a different. If anything recently, I've taken a step back and tried to re-listen to music I had 'grown' out of. Music nostalgia ftw.

Careful son, you're stepping on "Goonies Are Good Enough" territory.

Because that album is unusually (no pun intended) good. I only knew her from her 2 big songs, and she's a lot more interesting outwith them. I'm not her biggest fan...not much interest in any of her other albums, but I'm just saying. It's 80's pop, but actually decent and passionate.

Do you have the album?

Do I have the album? No

Have I heard the album? Yes

What in the hell are you on about?

What the fuck are you on about? The question wasn't aimed at you, don't you ever get bored of just flaming for the sake of it.

Actually, scratch that mate. I wouldn't mind hearing some of your music OW. Being that Blink can't write a decent tune, i'd like to hear what you've come up with. What instruments do you play?

Do I have the album? No

Have I heard the album? Yes

Ok, that's good. Then you have a (mildly) informed opinion.

Doesn't mean it's not good though. :p It's a damn good pop album, changing the sound slightly in each song, almost every one being very catchy, with good (and in some cases controversial) lyrics and her pretty awesome voice.

I don't like a lot of stuff I know is decent or good. But me not liking it doesn't make it bad.

Cya.

Oh dear....

What the fuck are you on about? The question wasn't aimed at you, don't you ever get bored of just flaming for the sake of it.

Lol, I wasn't even flaming, I just didn't understand what you were talking about... (since you didn't quote the other post and I pretty much didn't remember it).

Actually, scratch that mate. I wouldn't mind hearing some of your music OW. Being that Blink can't write a decent tune, i'd like to hear what you've come up with. What instruments do you play?

None. And what does that have to do with anything? Quite possibly if I even played, I would be 100 times worst than Blink, but why would that mean that Blink are any better? What I can or cannot do with instruments is completely irrelevant to the point of wether or not Blink make good music. Your analogy is based on a fallacy. I'm pretty deprived of talent, but I happen to have quite a cultivated opinion. I'm still pretty much an ignorant in the big picture, but I'm a bit higher than most. :geek:

Still, if I did make music, I'd surely embark on a Noise project. Alas, I'm just not talented enough, God knows I've tried. :p

OW I like your intelligent replies, reminds me of the times when I could write like that lol. However I do think you could be a little more empathetic. Maybe use the emoticons a bit more, you know, give some sort of indication as to when you're taking the piss and when you're just being a dick :)

And as much as you infuriate me, it's the forum arse lickers that really piss me off, always was. So I hope we can just move on.

Besides, I don't want to go just yet, I have some music written that when I finally get round to making a demo of I wanted to gather opinion on (read: stroke my ego and tell me it's ace).

The Saturdays - Comic Relief Single (Just Can't Get Enough cover)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Apparently, there's "major buzz" about them over in the US with some major record labels, and they're looking to attempt to break into the market over there later this year. To be fair to them, it's nice to see they have some ambition, rather than Girls Aloud just being happy with UK success.

-------

Will Young - Let It Go

I love how popular, yet underated (forgotten about) Will Young seems to be now. His albums sell really well, and yet he never seems to get much attention even though the latest album was loved by most music critics (Really, it's a great album).