NEurope

Maybe you've heard them, maybe you haven't... a couple of awesome Party Ben mash-ups...

Single Ladies - Beyonce vs. Andy Griffith theme

Life your life - Rihanna vs. Vampire Weekend

Party Ben is awesome. I dunno where one gets his stuff though. I only have his AMAZING remix of Walking With A Ghost (must be a mash-up with something) by Tegan & Sara.

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac

It's amazing. I actually agree, completely, with it as a recommendation.

Stuff

To be fair, surely it's just preference coming in there? Under My Skin is a lot better, and doesn't sound contrived, as the sound supports whatever she's going on about in the songs.

Whereas TBDT is a bit cringey in parts. And it's not satirising the sound she's producing, whatever you might think...:p

do you mean good indie or netto indie, Ash?

and yeah, more Rumours for me today. It takes a bit of a mood swing on side two (yeah you heard me) but it's all solid gold stuff. I actually might have a sexual attraction to the drum build up in 'Go Your Own Way' it's that good.

It's one of those albums that, despite not hearing in it's entirety before, I recognised a good half of it: 'Don't Stop' is one everyone knows, and alot of the other stuff (Dreams, I think, was done by The Corrs) has been heavily covered. The final part of 'The Chain' is also better known as The Forumula One bit off the telly, too.

Damn good album though. I shall be making a CD purchase ASAP.

and yeah, more Rumours for me today. It takes a bit of a mood swing on side two (yeah you heard me) but it's all solid gold stuff. I actually might have a sexual attraction to the drum build up in 'Go Your Own Way' it's that good.

It's one of those albums that, despite not hearing in it's entirety before, I recognised a good half of it: 'Don't Stop' is one everyone knows, and alot of the other stuff (Dreams, I think, was done by The Corrs) has been heavily covered. The final part of 'The Chain' is also better known as The Forumula One bit off the telly, too.

Damn good album though. I shall be making a CD purchase ASAP.

The Chain, I remember, was the song that really grabbed me on first listen. And I had no idea Dreams was "that famous song" when I put the Cd on iTunes. But yeah. All goodies.

Party Ben is awesome. I dunno where one gets his stuff though.
There are a number of free downloads on his website; i've just recently downloaded the two I posted above.

http://www.partyben.com

Though open the page and leave it for a while before scrolling or clicking because i've often found the page can freeze if you don't give it time; because there are alot of things going on on that single webpage.

Blink-182 are re-forming and making a new album...soon.

Got a source for that bold claim?

Got a source for that bold claim?

They are just presenting an award together at The Grammys at the moment, I think it is a matter of time though.

No chance of the reunion coming to the UK as I cant see Travis Barker ever stepping on to a plane again.

They are just presenting an award together at The Grammys at the moment, I think it is a matter of time though.

No chance of the reunion coming to the UK as I cant see Travis Barker ever stepping on to a plane again.

Ah right.

There's always a boat then tour bus around Europe route. *crosses fingers*

I now own Girls Aloud's entire discography. I find that they're the perfect pop solution to a drab day, as a lot of their stuff actually has a "hard edge", not totally devoid of attitude like...The Saturdays...who everyone seems to love.

as a lot of their stuff actually has a "hard edge", not totally devoid of attitude like...The Saturdays...who everyone seems to love.
Pffft... what a bitch! ;)

Pffft... what a bitch! ;)

Their singles (so far) are rubbish, let's all agree. The hook that could save Up sounds like a couple of Stepford Wives with PMS.

Their singles (so far) are rubbish, let's all agree. The hook that could save Up sounds like a couple of Stepford Wives with PMS.
Both Mee and Yow!

IMO both 'Up' and 'Issues' walk all over the shit that was 'The promise' [which only got to no.1 because Cheryl was in the X-Factor, it was one of their worst ever singles!] and 'The Loving Kind', which is alright and has a good video, but is only half decent because the Pet Shop Boys know how to write a catchy tune!

Plus Sarah who unfortunately now seems to feature a lot more on their songs, sounds like a bag of cats being swung around!

To be fair, surely it's just preference coming in there? Under My Skin is a lot better, and doesn't sound contrived, as the sound supports whatever she's going on about in the songs.

Whereas TBDT is a bit cringey in parts. And it's not satirising the sound she's producing, whatever you might think...:p

Totally disagree, surely the preference thing could come into anything you say that you say is "fact" or whatever. Apart from innocence, the album is much, much better than under my skin. I think it shows more of who "Avril is" than Under My Skin ever did. Under My Skins was trying to hard to make her more of a "credible" artist, whereas The Best Damn Thing finally seems to be the record she sounds comfortable making.

Personally, I cannot wait for the next one, which should be out next year, if she goes by her previous timeline. But, if he happens to go down the electropop route, I may kill myself.

Two dudes arguing over Girls Aloud and The Saturdays? I'm concerned, my best wishes go out to both your families.

:P

Two dudes arguing over Girls Aloud and The Saturdays? I'm concerned, my best wishes go out to both your families.

I'm growing to like this guy :D

I have to say Girls Aloud > than The Saturdays! :)

Including Out of Control which is good, just I agree with Paj that it is ordered all wrongly. It does it an injustice. I do Like The Promise and The Loving Kind however, so I guess that helps!

Chasing Lights is a solid debut pop album but compared to Girls Aloud it just doesn't do it for me! Up is a good song though and so is Lies and Work, Set me Off. Infact I need to give it another listen...

Haha Rizz! Make it 3! :p

What music you into and such? :)

You seem like a man who knows his music and I'm always up for some reccomendations!

Today's ventures:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Another great reccomendation from Dan Dare.

I expect nothing but High Quality from this man. I definately enjoyed this. A well constructed album with a whole wealth of enjoyable songs. I was wondering where the end of The Chain was from it was annoying me all day but I saw your post on the last page! I can sleep well tonight. :) I've already listened to it several times. Puts morden Pop to shame. (well a lot of it)

John Mayer - Room for Squares

Much prefered this than Continuum. Solid Album, This time it was just what I wanted when I was doing Coursework as it kept me from growing tense.

The View - Which Bitch?

I like there new direction and that they aren't staying with the same sound! There were some good songs but I'm unsure whether I can take their voices seriously having previously hearing them sing "Same Jeans." not really music for playing Mario Kart either! Actually I quite like the cheekiness.

Lil Wayne - The Carter III

His voice starts to grain after 19 straight songs but I think a lot of his songs where varied and not containing the same style through out the album like T-Pain. This made his voice much more bearable and the fact that he mixed it up kept me interested! After this his voice has strangely grown on me! There were some stand out songs and I liked the direction he was going in.

Jonas Brothers - A Little bit longer

Better than I remember. Not as whiney as I thought they sounded. Maybe the new album is slightly more mature... or they entered puberty... I don't know. Still not bad. It is nice and light, which is what I want sometimes!

Portsihead - The Third

Wow. Paj has told me several times to listen to this...I should listen to him! :heh:

This was put my headphones on and let the music drill through my brain music. Powerful stuff and AGAIN completely different to how I'd built them up in my mind. Vastly superior and I cannot believe I put it off until now.

*slaps himself*

Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing

Well I had not visited this album for ages then Haggis got me listening to it again. I know all the lyrics. :p I definately listened to this too much when it was first released. Yeah it is as good as I remember.

Most fun album of the day: Fleetwood Mac

Best album of the Day: Portsihead

I'm currently listening to Lily Allen's old album and in 15 minutes I'll be getting her new album :yay: I shall listen to it in bed with my headphones!

Metal is my domain. But do not get that confused with crap like Slipknot, Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium or such, this is false metal and I disapprove.

Not to say I only listen to metal. I will recommend to anyone with a decent pair of ears The Moon and The Nightspirit, a two piece folk band from Hungary. Proper folk, none of this Bob Dylan shit. Awesome to go to sleep to.

Bit late to the party but

5446 songs - 18.8 Days - 26.63 Gb.

Which pretty much fucking sucks with a 4 gb nano :( I always get intensely annoyed when I see people buy themselves 120gb Ipods when they have about 2gb of music.

Hmm I haven't posted here for a while.

Been listening a lot to Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago - Which is just phenomenally beautiful, certainly my new album of 2008

Then Iron and Wine - The Creek Drank the Cradle

And lastly Jaydiohead - Pretty darn good mashups of Jay Z and Radiohead

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Skinny Love - Bon Iver < 3

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

netto indie? splain.

But anything and everything!

I want the PJ Harvey/John Parish album to leak, I cannae wait any longer!!

Portsihead - The Third

Wow. Paj has told me several times to listen to this...I should listen to him! :heh:

This was put my headphones on and let the music drill through my brain music. Powerful stuff and AGAIN completely different to how I'd built them up in my mind. Vastly superior and I cannot believe I put it off until now.

*slaps himself*

Best album of the Day: Portsihead

Yay! You're so good to recommend stuff to. You need to check out their other two too. Most people prefer them, as they're stillcreepy, but in an old black and white film kinda-way..lots of trip-hop and scratchy jazz samples. More pleasant.

P.S it's Third by Portishead. :p

Metal is my domain.

Ok. I find most metal incredibly boring and unwilling to experiment with the possibilites offered by the medium of music. But that's just me. Of the two opposites of music, (boring manufactured pop or boring metal) I pick pop anytime. Especially as Girls Aloud are better than most other chart stuff now...*gags when he looks at the chart*

I want the PJ Harvey/John Parish album to leak, I cannae wait any longer!!

Same! Recently got their first, now totally love it. That review thing you posted got me all excited.

I hope the cover is good too. I liked the first one, but then not so much.