NEurope

Cyndi Lauper is win. She's So Unusal is brilliant. She has a weirdly good voice too. Like, you'd never actually say it's good, but then you struggle to think of anyone else who could sing her songs as well as her.

I've never liked Blink 182. They seem like they are trying to hard to be obnoxious and cool.

I can report that The Fray's new song Ungodly Hour is quite good - it's good for just chilling/working to, I find.

I need to get the album, pronto!

ReeeeZ, the video just leaked. :)

The Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough

I had no idea it was Frankie singing at the start. I think that's the first proper part she's had on one of their songs. Finally!

Just saw this on Perez, love it :D

I'm starting to like The Saturdays, and there colour ways :D

I love "Up" and "Issues", might consider the album....anyone recommend it? *looking at Haggis/Coolness*

Just saw this on Perez, love it :D

I'm starting to like The Saturdays, and there colour ways :D

I love "Up" and "Issues", might consider the album....anyone recommend it? *looking at Haggis/Coolness*

Personally *awaits Paj telling me I'm wrong :p* I think it's a pretty good pop album, especially for a band that less than a year ago weren't a band. It might not reach some of Girls Aloud previous heights, but it sure beats anything like PCD etc.

You'll love "Work" and "Lies" for sure. :)

omg at download fest 1st annoucement great lineup so far :D defo going

(even thou seen them all presides motley crue before)

Personally *awaits Paj telling me I'm wrong :p* I think it's a pretty good pop album, especially for a band that less than a year ago weren't a band. It might not reach some of Girls Aloud previous heights, but it sure beats anything like PCD etc.

You'll love "Work" and "Lies" for sure. :)

I don't have the album, and haven't listened to anything other than the singles. I just don't understand the hype at all, as they seem like the least interesting girl band the UK has ever produced. Excluding the fact that a few are sexy.

I don't have the album, and haven't listened to anything other than the singles. I just don't understand the hype at all, as they seem like the least interesting girl band the UK has ever produced. Excluding the fact that a few are sexy.

Wait a minute.. Girl bands are more than just sex symbols to make money?..

what is the most sexy music video?

I feel the same way Paj.

I dont like that they take a good song and ruin by turning it into a dance tune. :sad:

Wait a minute.. Girl bands are more than just sex symbols to make money?..

Girls Aloud have made some brilliant pop music over the years....so I'd say yes. Also, with Nicola in the band, I find it pretty hard to call Girls Aloud "sex symbols". I'd rather shag a goat.

--

It's not really a "dance tune" tbh Dante, just a bit Eurotrash/Electro-Popish. It's hardly Cascada is it? *Shudder* It's just a bit of fun, purely for a good cause. :)

Girls Aloud have made some brilliant pop music over the years....so I'd say yes. Also, with Nicola in the band, I find it pretty hard to call Girls Aloud "sex symbols". I'd rather shag a goat.

What he said.

They've done some pretty wild genre/style mashing along the way.

Also, with Nicola in the band, I find it pretty hard to call Girls Aloud "sex symbols". I'd rather shag a goat.

Are you fucking kidding? I think she's fucking beautiful! :cry:

what is the most sexy music video?

Holly Vallance - Kiss Kiss.

--------

Triforce, I <3 The Saturdays album personally. Love every song on it.

Are you fucking kidding? I think she's fucking beautiful! :cry:

You may like her, but changes nothing because I like a lot of things which are uglier than goats, but nonetheless I know they're uglier than goats and have no problem living with it. You on the other hand, can't possibly conceive liking something and it being uglier than goats simultaneously, therefore you must defend it to validate your liking of such uglier than goats girls. C'mon, what's the big deal? They're uglier than goatsy uglier than goatsy uglier than goats. Much like the White Lies album, which I absolutely love, but is still quite the mediocrity (not that it's terrible, it's just copycattingly uninspired). What's the problem with just admitting? Yes, it's uglier than goats. And I still like it.

:heh:

I'd agree she is the munter in the group, but if you'd rather shag a goat, you've got serious issues.

That aside, whether they make good music is a questionable point, the fact is they sell sex appeal to help them gain fame and ultimately sell records. I don't own any of their albums or singles, thankfully, but I'd watch a video if it was on tv, because 4 out of 5 aint bad.

Take That did it in the 90s with their whole shirts off in the rain routines, they were appealing to the ladies etc. some would argue they too 'made' great pop songs.

So yeah, sorry to bring up the new Green Day album again, but I've just found out that it's ANOTHER concept album. Apparently, it's devided into three "acts": Act 1: Heroes and Cons, Act 2: Charlatans and Saints, Act 3: Horseshoes and Handgrenades. Does anyone else thing that they're going a tad overboard with the whole concept album, erm... concept? :heh:

And now the album artwork...

21st_Century_Breakdown_Album_Cover.jpg

I'm not too keen on it, but then it's probably the album's two main "characters" (see what I mean about ott. :heh:) Mind you, the cover does make me think old-school Green Day mixed with the newer Green Day. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out...

You may like her, but changes nothing because I like a lot of things which are uglier than goats, but nonetheless I know they're uglier than goats and have no problem living with it. You on the other hand, can't possibly conceive liking something and it being uglier than goats simultaneously, therefore you must defend it to validate your liking of such uglier than goats girls. C'mon, what's the big deal? They're uglier than goatsy uglier than goatsy uglier than goats. Much like the White Lies album, which I absolutely love, but is still quite the mediocrity (not that it's terrible, it's just copycattingly uninspired). What's the problem with just admitting? Yes, it's uglier than goats. And I still like it.

Now you're mixing things up, there're no quality standards to physicall beauty, because it has no meaning or conceptuality. But I am aware she's not the prettiest thing out there, yes.

So yeah, sorry to bring up the new Green Day album again, but I've just found out that it's ANOTHER concept album. Apparently, it's devided into three "acts": Act 1: Heroes and Cons, Act 2: Charlatans and Saints, Act 3: Horseshoes and Handgrenades. Does anyone else thing that they're going a tad overboard with the whole concept album, erm... concept? :heh:

And now the album artwork...

[image]

I'm not too keen on it, but then it's probably the album's two main "characters" (see what I mean about ott. :heh:) Mind you, the cover does make me think old-school Green Day mixed with the newer Green Day. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out...

The concept thing just sounds really crap, quit like the art though. Really went off Green Day after American Idiot. I think I was the only one at my college who didn't go to Milton Keynes for those gigs.

Nicola Roberts is not ugly! She was unnattractive in the first promo shots of her in the Group, about 5 years ago.

People shouldn't be allowed to be so picky.

---

That Green Day cover is rubbish, as it's just riding on how "cool" Banksy (et all) is. Plus title is shit.

Post of the day.

People shouldn't be allowed to be so picky.

You make no sense. Finding people attractive depends hugely on personal taste, it's not something like music which you can say is in certain cases either "amazing" or "shit". Everyone finds different things attractive, so it's not "being picky" in the slightest. Someone could think she's hot, someone think she's medicore and something could think she's a complete munter.

You make no sense. Finding people attractive depends hugely on personal taste, it's not something like music which you can say is in certain cases either "amazing" or "shit". Everyone finds different things attractive, so it's not "being picky" in the slightest. Someone could think she's hot, someone think she's medicore and something could think she's a complete munter.

I'd argue that music can't have definitive "shit" or "amazing". Some of the stuff people bang on about I can't stand, some say it's amazing others will say its shit. At the end of the day a persons opinion is not definitive and its not the be all and end all.

I'd argue that music can't have definitive "shit" or "amazing". Some of the stuff people bang on about I can't stand, some say it's amazing others will say its shit. At the end of the day a persons opinion is not definitive and its not the be all and end all.

Alright, you got me there. But you still see the point I was trying to make, right?

Anyway, I'm making us go off topic. *slaps self*

Alright, you got me there. But you still see the point I was trying to make, right?

Anyway, I'm making us go off topic. *slaps self*

Oh yeah definitely, I saw your point with the goat post, Nicola is ugly. xD

In all seriousness, I see what you mean, different people look for different things in people, and thus have different opinions on attractiveness.

---

On a musical front, I just remembered how awesome World Wide Suicide by Pearl Jam is. Any fans of Pearl Jam want to recommend others songs or albums?