NEurope

Yeah, I love how Coolness has a really good musical landscape to play with. Loads of great stuff on that list CB! I love that you described Tori Amos as solid gold, too! :D

----

Then again, even with trashy music that you sometimes listen to Paj, I've never noticed you playing one artist/song massive amounts of time in one week (I could be totally wrong). Whereas someone like myself or Triforce, we seem to go through phases of different arists.

Yeah...I mean, for a while back, I was in a craze for Madonna. I bought her late 80's albums (not interested in her early stff other than the singles) and all that...lierally for 3-4 weeks. But now, I'm over it already. Now she's just back to being an artists I have lots of music of, and that I like and won't skip in shuffle.

I tend to get crazes on my favourite artists every so often, spanning from 1 night to several weeks. However, they're never forgotten about. :)

Miley Cyrus' album was a rare case of having a craze on a new album, and one that isn't particularly deep as such.

Yeah, I love how Coolness has a really good musical landscape to play with. Loads of great stuff on that list CB! I love that you described Tori Amos as solid gold, too! :D

Thanks. :) She really is I'd listen to her more but I like to keep her songs special!

I wish some people would look beyond the fact that I listen mainly to pop music, the looks I get at school! Well, that actually might just be because my face greets you as if to say "I've just killed a duck" :p

Haha, right on! The occasional binge sounds perfect. I may have to adopt that idea for future albums.

Oooo, The Veronicas. Did I send you Take Me On The Floor? I love that song. You just know they aren't talking about dancing. The newer album is more electronic (and better, in my opinion). Untouched is a great single, as is Popular. :)

I think you did! I've just listened to a bunch of songs still. I've yet to give them a proper proper listen! :D Only in the Background thus far.

And yes Miley's Voice sounds different compared to most 16 year old girls. I think it is an awesome voice! Strangely attractive. Glad to see you enjoying her album Haggis but if you dare pass me on Last.fm... :p

I've loved you so long.

and I love you longer? :heart:

Love them 2 death.

Add Matt & Kim to that list. :heh:

Will do. :awesome: I always trust your recommendations! (especially after Battlestar Galactica. :smile:)

______

Okay now into the darker side of Sunday I've been listening to:

Shakira: Laundry Service

I enjoyed this so much I played it twice in a row. :yay: I can see myself listening to this alot. I Just love the spanish language. If i'd been into music back in 2001 this is what I would have been lsitening to as whenever, wherever is an important song to me, oddly. It's even better in Spanish!

Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position

Good stuff. At first I was unsure but I warmed to his singing during the album!

Bon Ivor - For Emma

I cannot believe I put this album off until now. Beautiful stuff. :grin:

Okay now I'm into exploring Bjork next. I've only ever listened to Volta, Which Album do you reccomend I try next? : peace:

following on from my nod to The Knife, I have to also mention Hot Chip as being really special. Not everyone's cuppa but they're masters of a good beat with soul, originality and intelligent lyrics by the truckload.

Love a listen to Shakira. Love her music. Wonder where she is though? Haven't heard anything new from her in ages. Perhaps she's working on new stuff now. Think La Tortura is probably my favourite from her.

Anyways, been listening to Inside Your Head by Eberg. Was trying to watch all of The O.C. last year and stopped after the first episode in the fourth season so started watching again yesterday and heard this little gem. I love the show because it's introduced me to loads of new music.

Okay now I'm into exploring Bjork next. I've only ever listened to Volta, Which Album do you reccomend I try next? : peace:

Volta and Debut are her worst.

Post is probably her most accessible of her godly albums.

:heart: But any of Homogenic, Vespertine, Medulla as well. Those are her best, with Post. :heart:

----

Also, Magic Position is good, but Wolf's more experimental stuff is better, imo. Try Lycanthropy.

Love a listen to Shakira. Love her music. Wonder where she is though? Haven't heard anything new from her in ages. Perhaps she's working on new stuff now. Think La Tortura is probably my favourite from her.

I love Shakira too. Laundry Service is bit better than Oral Fixation vol.2 for me...but I've never listened to Oral Fijacion vo.1.

And yeah, she's doing a new album, and generally being very famous, performing for Obama and stuff.

following on from my nod to The Knife, I have to also mention Hot Chip as being really special. Not everyone's cuppa but they're masters of a good beat with soul, originality and intelligent lyrics by the truckload.

Added to my Spotify list. I shall check them out for sure. Any album in particular? :)

:heart: But any of Homogenic, Vespertine, Medulla as well. Those are her best, with Post. :heart:

Also, Magic Position is good, but Wolf's more experimental stuff is better, imo. Try Lycanthropy.

Okay I'll Check out Post first then make my way through! Thanks Paj, I'm sure I've asked before. :) Also will have to look into Wolf more.

She is completely different to how I thought she sounded! vastly superior. I'm really pleasantly suprised! :grin:

According to Wikipedia the most reliable source on the internet she has been working on an album and it is due to release late 2009!

I keep finding that I look at an artist that I have not heard for a long time and see they are releasing an album this year, strange.

I intensely dislike the lead singer of Hot Chip's voice in most song. Except And I Was A Boy From School (off the top of my head).

Otherwise they're fairly good. Not too keen on their last album though.

For The Knife you want 'Deep Cuts'

Hot Chip's best album is The Warning- probably the happiest middleground between their dance and ballad influences.

If you like those, just keep looking.

Anyways, been listening to Inside Your Head by Eberg. Was trying to watch all of The O.C. last year and stopped after the first episode in the fourth season so started watching again yesterday and heard this little gem. I love the show because it's introduced me to loads of new music.

*X-FILES TUNE*

picture1pc7.png

And I was actually listening to it when I read that, didn't just put it on for the sake of matching :p

(although to me it always reminds me Veronica Mars whispering "did it involve me being naked")

I'm loving Dragonettes album! Also, M.I.A - Boyz

Also...SPOTIFY IS THE BEST PROGRAM EVER!

Tru dat. They are on my list of 'bands I really really need to see live'. The Warning is faultless, and I quite like Made in the Dark aswell, despite many dislikeing it.

On an unrelated note if anyone else likes the Silver Jews, the split up a few days ago :( pretty great band, it's a shame...

Elsewhere I've been listening to Foals a ridiculous amount this last week, bit of Asobi Seksu, and rediscovered how incredible Iron and Wine are.

One of the most amazing songs I've heard in a long time.

I'm trying to rediscover the reason why I love Oasis, so I've been listening to a fair bit of them today.

Despite what many people say, a lot of their stuff after (What's The Story) Morning Glory is pretty fucking good. There's some great choons off the new album, for example.

Also, I never truely appreciated "Lord Don't Slow Me Down" until today. Suddenly, it just clicked.

Foals are ridiculously lovely.

I love when the drum-beat is muffled in Red Sock Pugie. Probably my favourite thing to happen in a song (apart from the famous deep line in Saeglopur by Sigur Ros).

Foals are ridiculously lovely.

I love when the drum-beat is muffled in Red Sock Pugie. Probably my favourite thing to happen in a song (apart from the famous deep line in Saeglopur by Sigur Ros).

How dare you leave out the re-assencion of the beats at the end of Hunter by Bjork?! When she does those hands-movements when she does it live?! Fuck?!!!!

---

Inspired by Daft, I've been blog-surfing for lovely music to try out. I was reminded of White Hinterland, who I knew from her cover of I Miss You by Bjork, and other various jokes.

Anyone heard Calvin Harris' new track, 'I'm Not Alone'?

It's a mix of electro and trance...and I'd never thought I'd say this about anything associated with trance but it's quite good.

It's not on Youtube, so no. I found his last album a bit of a joke really...he's a decent producer/beatmaker (see In My Arms by Kylie Minogue), but why not just get decent singer or at the least INTERESTING singers onto his own tracks?

He ruined all the stuff he made for the album.

Despite what many people say, a lot of their stuff after (What's The Story) Morning Glory is pretty fucking good. There's some great choons off the new album, for example.

Heathen Chemistry is one of my favourite albums. I'll never understand the backlash for it.

Heathen Chemistry is one of my favourite albums. I'll never understand the backlash for it.

Heathen Chemistry is fairly decent and the other newer stuff has a few good songs here and there but lets be honest none of it is close to DM and WTSMG or even BEN for that matter.

This Manchester Orchestra album is phenomenal by the way, love it a lot.

Also

Mogwai - Friend of The Night

what a choooooone

Most likely posted sometime before, but it's too good not to post again. It's a such a great "State of the Nation" song, as the Guardian put it. (They also gave her new album 5 stars)

Lily Allen - The Fear

I can't wait for "It's Not Me, It's You" to come out! :D

I wish I could think up anything as cool as Mogwai song titles. They're os atmospheric and full of meaning- each one is like a small puzzle and reference that feels so fitting to the emotional landscape of the music.

I don't even know whatg half of them mean, they often just sound amazing by themselves.