• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Been listening to bits and pieces from the Lost In Translation soundtrack. Really need to track down a copy of that cd as it's really good. Also been listening to 'Ghost In You' by the Psychedelic Furs, which is great. There's a video for it on Youtube where they've mixed it in with footage from LiT and it fits so well with the movie.

Okay I know im a Bloc Party nut but last night I queued for 3 hours outside the Apple store on regents street to see them play in store. I got in and the 3 hour wait was well worth. Such a good if not strange gig!

9th time i've now seen them and going again in the new year to the Olympia. Damn.

Oh sweet man, I had no idea you were there! I was there too, I was considering PMing you the day before but because it was quite limited I didn't think you'd be going. I should have known better! :P

I thought it was an amazing gig personally, absolutely loved it. Mercury gets better every time I hear it - and my God, I actually touched Kele when he ran through the crowd during the song. :D

Must get Intimacy, the songs I didn't recognize were great!

Right.

I'm looking for answers. Which one of you sick degenerates failed to tell me about Temple of The Dog?

Just got the album, and my god...this is incredible...

Just listened through it, proper loved the whole thing. Thanks for the recommendation. And nicely it leads onto the temptations in my library....god I love motown.

clearly got the chops, but I'm not convinced he's really trying...
Meh. Cornell was surrounded by excellent musicians at TotD (notably the Pearl Jam trio of Vedder, Gossard and Ament). His Soundgarden stuff was pretty good, but even then the better half of their stuff was written by other band members.

I just don't think Cornell is a great musician. He has one hell of a voice though.

Anyone else get Funeral for a Friend's new album today? Got it in the post about an hour ago, I haven't had listened to it all yet so I won't comment on the music. But the album case, booklet and cd just feels like one of the best crafted cds i've ever owned. You can tell a lot of effort went into making it, not the standard jewel case and crappy paper thin leaflet.

Björk and Thom Yorke, two of the mightiest figures in avant pop music, might will be joining forces for a good cause: protecting the Icelandic environment. If a promotional CD discovered by the French Björk fansite bjork.fr is to be believed (UPDATE: It is!), One Little Indian will release the new Björk single "Nattura", which features the Radiohead frontman on backing vocals.

Björk's camp has confirmed that the single will indeed be released on October 20 from One Little Indian.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Great news, but I feel like there's other stuff going on in Iceland to worry about at the moment :heh:

Yeah were all going trough some heavy emotional stuff.

The bankers and corporate folks that is.

Everything going on is just something to bitch and gossip about.