NEurope

Amy Winehouse

Just saw her at Glasgow on the first show after her infamous birmingham performance. It wa sso stunning and heatrtwarming. The reception was amazing, and she was obviously so happy. I saw her as a real person ,not how the media portrays her. She's funny, and so very human.

I'm so happy for her, and I hope she puts herself back together with the confiedence she gained from tonight.

5/5 overall

You are right Oxigen, it could be a disaster that MBV have reformed. I've got tickets for one of the London gigs, will be interesting to see what they're like live - even just to experience the wall of noise during You Made Me Realise. I'm undecided about what the new stuff will be like, just going to wait until I've heard it.

I just bought two Air albums while up in the town, 10.000HZ Legend and The Virgin Suicides soundtrack. Can't wait to listen to them properly :)

Air are fucking great. Nice one.

I concur.

Listening to Steel Train again, good album. Gotta love 'Kill Monsters in the Rain'

Saw the Foo's last night at the Dome was fantastic. Spent half the show stood next to Brian May :awesome: Well he was the other side of the Barrier. Him and Roger Taylor came on and played a Queen song I had never heard before.

The Foos played lots of old stuff which was great Weenie Beenie probably the highlight although most of the people stood near us appeared to have no idea what ths song was :shakehead:

The only downside was the fucking horrendous transport situation getting back from the Dome. Got to Sratford at 12:24 last train left at 12:25. The concert finished at 11 and Stratford is 3 stops down the line.

I'm listening to An Evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess. It's really lovely and relaxing. This probably doesn't please prog haters, but they really make some beautiful sounds.

I just bought Well Deep: Ten Years of Big Dada Recordings anyone who wants to know what hiphop has done right in the past ten years you need to pick this up, its amazing!

Saw soem random local hip hop group at a bar in town last night.

http://www.myspace.com/shedmen

They were a hell of a lot better live than the recordings.

Thats quite rare, I find alot of hip hop acts are totally shit, that mostly the soundmans fault.

Bought the new Angels & Airwaves record, I-Empire of iTunes and been giving it a good listen. Really good so far, a great follow up to We Don't Need To Whisper.

Does anybody else simply love James Blunt's 1973? It's probably one of the best pop tracks I've heard the last few months.

Does anybody else simply love James Blunt's 1973? It's probably one of the best pop tracks I've heard the last few months.

Not really, it's very harmless and not very impacting, if you know what I mean. But then, it's neither particularly nice or soothing to listen to, and once again doesn't really do very well in the middle ground.

The chorus is OK.

Hehe, great description. I kind of like how the song is structured to flow so nicely, and it sticks in your head too.

tyra_predeath.gif

Just wanted to post that. ^^

--------

I really like Sam's Town by the Killers. Only just got around to buying it. I'll borrow Hot Fuss from a friend then get Tranquilize I tthink.

Hehe, great description. I kind of like how the song is structured to flow so nicely, and it sticks in your head too.

It's just a bit bland really. The kind of song you could just fall asleep to or not notice it's playing.

I like his track "Beautiful", though I only started liking it when it stopped getting played every 3 minutes on music channels etc.

I have time for it, but not his shit beard. Other than that it doesn't really register much of a reaction

Well, looks like I'm going to Black Crusade this wednesday. Should be good, nothing like Shadows Fall to start off with, some light entertainment in the form of Dragonforce/ Arch Enemy, and then Machine Head/ Trivium. Man, Rob Flynn so angry, you gotta love the guy. Not really looking forward to Trivium though, not sure I want to hear the new(er) songs ever again.

Let Freedom Ring With A Shotgun Blast!

Well, looks like I'm going to Black Crusade this wednesday. Should be good, nothing like Shadows Fall to start off with, some light entertainment in the form of Dragonforce/ Arch Enemy, and then Machine Head/ Trivium. Man, Rob Flynn so angry, you gotta love the guy. Not really looking forward to Trivium though, not sure I want to hear the new(er) songs ever again.

I'm going to Black Crusade on Saturday! Brixton Academy. It's going to be fucking mental. I'm looking forward to Machine Head the most, not really too fussed about Trivium as I've seen them before. Dragonforce and Arch Enemy should be pretty awesome, and Shadows Fall should be quite fun too I guess. All in all, should be a pretty grand day out, will hopefully bag some cool T-shirts too.

Yeah, for some odd reason, I'm looking forward to Machine Head the most. I've seen all the bands before, Dragonforce put on a very fun show, but they're really just dressed up 80's pop, the Head on the other hand, are always awesome live. Nothing more satisfying than shouting along to the chorus of Seasons Wither in all its fury. Seen Trivium three times, so I'm not really fussed anymore, unless they play some new stuff which happens to be significantly better than the last album.

It's weird to finally have a metal band that create their best work fifteen years into their career, hope they keep at it.

Seems I've got over my Thursday obsession and now I can't stop listening to At The Drive-Ins Relationship of Command

I cant stop listening to hold your colour by pendulum, saw them live on sat ngiht with full band line up, was an amzing gig :D

Indeed I love the jangles of the guitar. Plucking away with disco "twang".

I like both of Blunty's albums :o

The sensitive bugger he is.