NEurope

Seems I've got over my Thursday obsession and now I can't stop listening to At The Drive-Ins Relationship of Command

I saw them when they supported MCR. The sound wasn't very good for them, or maybe it was just the singer..

They were ok otherwise.

I saw them when they supported MCR. The sound wasn't very good for them, or maybe it was just the singer..

They were ok otherwise.

No you didnt they broke up in 2001. You either saw The Mars Volta or Sparta

Flux, by Bloc Party.

Amazing.

Totally agree.

Although I haven't actually got the original track, just the 4 remixes that came free with NME.

Totally agree.

Although I haven't actually got the original track, just the 4 remixes that came free with NME.

Ooooh.. havn't heard those. I only have the original :P

Totally agree.

I can't say I think much of your cognitive abilities.

It's a good track. Kele experimenting with his love for dance floor tunes. The rest of the band are not too keen tho.

I think it's good apart from the strange computer cher like voice at the start. However I have seen them perform this live and it's awesome.

I can't say I think much of your cognitive abilities.

I can't say I think much of your ability to respect other's tastes in music.

QFT

---

Anything with the name slipknot on it is fucking terrible. Why do so many teenagers love them? I mean how is screaming down a microphone music?

QFT

---

Anything with the name slipknot on it is fucking terrible. Why do so many teenagers love them? I mean how is screaming down a microphone music?

If you shit on a stick and call it art, its fucking art.

Same goes for music.

Also if you think all slipknot do is scream down a microphone your just going on what you think and haven't heard enough of there stuff

(Goes and kills himself for defending slipknot)

If you shit on a stick and call it art, its fucking art.

Same goes for music.

:laughing:

Or he meant Thursday.

Yeah I thought he bolded the at the drive in part didn't realise you had done it in the orignal post.

QFT

---

Avril Lavigne? Literally terrible

Avril Lavigne? Literally terrible

I new someone would come back with that! :)

--

Anyhoo, I liked Razorlight quite alot when I first heard them, but since finding out Jonny Borrel is such a dickweed, I can't stand them. Bugger.

At least Avril Lavigne's music has some hint of a tune, and her voice doesn't give you an automatic headache.

I really dislike metal / screaming down a microphone.

I have a finite reserve of respect, so I like to think it's been earned before I dole it out to you worthless peons. Not only that, but "taste" is a debatable term when it comes to you lot, it's better referred to in terms of the complete lack of it ;).

Also: The Shins are awesome.

At least Avril Lavigne's music has some hint of a tune, and her voice doesn't give you an automatic headache.

I really dislike metal / screaming down a microphone.

Thats because you're a soulless drone, forever condemned to plumb the depths of the emotionless and the banal. That sounded very melodramatic...Damn you Bill Hicks!!!

Also: The Shins are awesome.

I agree with you there, they are indeed awesome. Really calming music which is just so nice to listen to when you need to relax.

I agree with you there, they are indeed awesome. Really calming music which is just so nice to listen to when you need to relax.

Maybe...less calming than apathetic I'd say, but still weirdly self affirming. Some great lyrical talent to be sure. .

No you didnt they broke up in 2001. You either saw The Mars Volta or Sparta

Well that's odd, cause I saw a band called Thursday, and then I looked them up in HMV and on iTunes and found some tracks of theirs they played on the night.

:indeed:

I was just looking on the radio 1 website and saw Leona Lewis had covered one of my favourite songs in the Live lounge, Run. It's on radio 1's A-list which a live lounge song has apparently never done before.

It sounds better than snow patrols origonal. I'm shocked at how good it sounds.

Link here

Thats because you're a soulless drone, forever condemned to plumb the depths of the emotionless and the banal.

Seriously, fuck you.

You know nothing about anyone on here.

He listens to Avril Lavigne. He likes it.

He listens to Joan As Policewoman. He likes it.

He listens to Tegan + Sara. He likes it.

etc etc.

Music is there to be listened to. SOMETIMES (!) the charts actually do what they're supposed to, pick out good tunes. Good is a blanket term here.

While Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne isn't an emotional explosion of furiosity or whatever, it's a simple, doesn't take itself to seriously dance song.

I like to think I can respect musical tastes, simply because my tastes encompass almost everything. Your own tastes evidently don't.

Just because I listen to Avril lavigne occassionally doesn't mean I'm holding her as highly as I do people like Bjork or Tori Amos.

To be honest, you can have your opinions, but please try not to be a dickhead when you have them. You belittle a person when you belittle their musical tastes. Learn to properly respect them. Why don't you just say you don't like that artists and say why? Why the insults?

*awaits reply/witty remark/example of how respectful you are*

I was just looking on the radio 1 website and saw Leona Lewis had covered one of my favourite songs in the Live lounge, Run. It's on radio 1's A-list which a live lounge song has apparently never done before.

It sounds better than snow patrols origonal. I'm shocked at how good it sounds.

Link here

Snow Patrol annoy me, because some of their songs (like 2) I LOVE, and some annoy me to hell (Chasing effing cars).

With Leona's voice, it makes Run a lot better. I kinda liked their version too though, after I saw them live.

Thats because you're a soulless drone, forever condemned to plumb the depths of the emotionless and the banal. That sounded very melodramatic...Damn you Bill Hicks!!!

Seriously, fuck you.

This is a warning for both of you. Go easy.

While Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne isn't an emotional explosion of furiosity or whatever, it's a simple, doesn't take itself to seriously dance song.

I like to think I can respect musical tastes, simply because my tastes encompass almost everything. Your own tastes evidently don't.

With Leona's voice, it makes Run a lot better. I kinda liked their version too though, after I saw them live.

Exactly, agreed on both points.

--

Yeah, their version is pretty great. But, as you say, Leona's voice just adds a whole new dimension to an already great song. She's got a couple of covers on her new album I believe? This should have been one of them.