NEurope

I really hate people that mime. It bugs the hell out of me. I mean, you become a singer, get paid loads of money to sing, and then you mime. I mean, whats the point?

Fffffaaaiiil.

Ignorant. :smile:

I really hate people that mime. It bugs the hell out of me. I mean, you become a singer, get paid loads of money to sing, and then you mime. I mean, whats the point?

Was that directed towards anyone or anything in particular?

Was that directed towards anyone or anything in particular?

Well, yes. I just watched a video of Michelle Branch miming one of my favourite songs. She can sing well live, so why mime? It's a disgrace tbh. I mean, people pay to see you sing live, and you mime. I mean, what the hell?

(But basically aimed at anyone that mimes without a VERY good excuse)

I'd rather get a bad performace than watch them move their mouth pretending to sing on stage.

Well, yes. I just watched a video of Michelle Branch miming one of my favourite songs. She can sing well live, so why mime? It's a disgrace tbh. I mean, people pay to see you sing live, and you mime. I mean, what the hell?

When Muse are forced to mime its funny:

I'd rather get a bad performace than watch them move their mouth pretending to sing on stage.

You're absolutely right.

Rammstein = best live act. Ever. That is all...

Or not. Good fireworks, amazing eye candy... but other than that... they fail.

It all depends on what kind of experience you like. Some people like all the Kiss style pyrotechnics everywhere, some like gigs where everyone sings along and others like gigs with music that create the angriest, most viloent mosh pits.

It all depends on what kind of experience you like. Some people like all the Kiss style pyrotechnics everywhere, some like gigs where everyone sings along and others like gigs with music that create the angriest, most viloent mosh pits.

The last ones are always so much fun. You get usually get injured in some way, but you just don't notice it's that much fun. It happens at all the gigs with local bands around here. Awesome fun but your neck always hurts like hell in the morning. I want to go to a more famous bands concert though!

I like all of that and more. Try going to a Merzbow concert.

ive seen to many live bands

6 times download festival - 3 times reading

countless other gigs

Best all round experience - The prodigy - I got into them around 1995 and a wait of 11 years to finally see them live...was freaking awesome to see them live and playing all the tunes live dancing along with everyone in the tent.

And yea for enter shikari live as already put they are defo one of those witness it bands...the crowd goes nuts...the whole set and atmosphere is amazing.

And rammstein ive yet to see...always wanted to see them live thou

Just so everyone knows, mosh pits = fucking shit.

They are supposed to be spontaneous and not forced. but when you see kate nash live and people think a mosh pit is appropriate people need to be shot.

They are supposed to be spontaneous and not forced. but when you see kate nash live and people think a mosh pit is appropriate people need to be shot.

Kate Nash feels like a diamond in the rough. At first, I didn't think much of her album, but I started hearing a real passion and musician behind it all.

Mariella, We Get On and Little Red FTW.

-----

Oh yeah, Bjork wins my life. If my life ever up for grabs, she'd get it. I can't wait to see her!

And CSS in like 2 weeks exactly.

-----

Oh yeah, Bjork wins my life. If my life ever up for grabs, she'd get it. I can't wait to see her!

And CSS in like 2 weeks exactly.

Ever seen Dancer in the Dark? (Bjork is in it). Lecturer keeps reccomending it but apparently it does make you want to kill yourself afterwards.

Okay as Steel Trains went by un-noticed. Pete Yorn anyone?

Are you retarded? Of course they have to be spontaneous, but when they are, believe me, it's fucking intense... and none of that pushing and shoving bullshit, I'm talking about real mosh pits, no holds barred punching and kicking, the kind where you get out with a broken nose and an inflamatory feeling of satisfaction.

Hm.. something like this, except tougher, faster and harder:

(whilst it sucks for being too weak, it was the best I could find)

Ever seen Dancer in the Dark? (Bjork is in it). Lecturer keeps reccomending it but apparently it does make you want to kill yourself afterwards.

Brilliant movie.

I was joking about Enter Shikari btw. I only really know about 'electronic' live gigs, so i'll go with the best i've seen being DJ Shadow, followed by Faithless. Hoping The Chemical Brothers will be an awesome show in a few weeks, and i've always wanted to see The Prodigy, Fatboy Slim and Groove Armada live as well.

Brilliant movie.

I keep forgetting to buy it. I think the one time I remembered, It wasn't in stock in HMV. :(

Are you retarded? Of course they have to be spontaneous, but when they are, believe me, it's fucking intense... and none of that pushing and shoving bullshit, I'm talking about real mosh pits, no holds barred punching and kicking, the kind where you get out with a broken nose and an inflamatory feeling of satisfaction.

Hm.. something like this, except tougher, faster and harder:

(whilst it sucks for being too weak, it was the best I could find)

Ive only been in one real mosh pit, it was at a punk gig. i got beaten the shit out of, that was win. But when a bunch of idiots make a circle pit for no reason at inappropriate times it just pisses me off, when i go to see someone like bloc party, there should be a maximum total of 0 mosh pits because there music in no way calls for it, where as if i went to see someone like pantera i would live with it.

What do people think of Pavement here? I'm listening to Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain for the first time ever. Finding it really good.

i went to see someone like pantera i would live with it.

You'd actually pay money to see Pantera? Hehe.

What do people think of Pavement here? I'm listening to Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain for the first time ever. Finding it really good.

You'd actually pay money to see Pantera? Hehe.

Yes, for the lulz. I dont particularly enjoy there music however it would be a good experience i think.