NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

I just got the game today; it is WICKED!

The ice key level was amazing (pure genious). Though i was very annoyed by spending 10mins hammered away at that damn ice block..

I did that stage this afternoon and you don't have to hit the ice block. In fact.... I didn't even know you could hit it...

:heh:

I just saw that big pointy ice thing in the ceiling and knew I was supposed to somehow make it collapse, that was the solution to the stage.

The solution is quite elaborate, I did it without any help (no walkthroughs, no dolls, nothing) and it took me roughly 1h15m, lol. The thing that took most of my time was to figure out how the hell to grab the frog! I knew I needed a bomb for the 3rd and last step in breaking the ceiling ice block, but how to get the frog took me ages to figure out. This was the longest stage I did until now, and also the most elaborate.

Ah, and the music mini-game!! Damn, that was a mixture of fun and annoying. It was fun cause the music was quite catchy, annoying cause you couldn't restart immediately after missing a note and always had to wait for the fucking thing to finish.

You can destroy the ice block where the chest is the same way you destroy the huge ice block above it, although it will get you less points

i've taken the plunge and ordered. Its not that i didn't want the game, just, ideally needed to sort out the greens for it. However, with stocks dwindling, i've had to buy early to avoid disappointment, a la Baton Kaitos!

Why, oh, why do Nintendo undership Capcom games?!

I really really really want an new Wii game and this one is the only one "new" and looks fun, but how is the game I´ve heard nothing bad about in yet.

Can someone give me soft information about this game ,like how long is it, how hard is it (can a 5 year old beat it) and is there any replay value to this game?

Thank you : peace:

I dont think a 5 year old can beat the game as it really makes you think. It has a great amount of replay value due to all th unlockables.

Just spent a good hour or so unlocking all the map by using Maddy. He got a High Speed Ship upgrade which makes him return instantly which is nice. I have got everything I can get off him now as he just brings back Oracle Dolls now.

A 5 year old might not be able to play it by himself, but with help it can be a fun experience for the both of you.

I just finished the main quest. To be honest, I used a walkthrough a couple time in the last lvl. I just couldn't be bothered to spend another hour on that last final mystery.

I think I enjoyed this more than Twilight Princess. Looking forward to see how the replay value is.

To be honest, I'm thinking of selling this after I finish it. I can't see me replaying this if I know all the solutions. This is an example of a game, for me at least, where the fun lies in figuring out the puzzles, not playing it per se. Zelda games are games that I enjoy playing even if I know the solutions to the puzzles, I don't think Zack and Wiki is like that.

I'm enjoying the game very much, hard thinking and analysing to solve the stages, but I've replayed some levels after clearing them just to get an "Unpuzzleable" status and I completed them in about 5 minutes. You can spend over an hour and multiple lives to clear a stage, but once you know the solution you clear them in 5 minutes. For me, almost 0 replayability. I'll have to find someone to sell it to, or perhaps selling it to a store (although a store will rip me off for sure).

I rented this game for a week and hated it. And there was so much positive feedback! I just didnt find it that interesting/exciting.

Poor me

To be honest, I'm thinking of selling this after I finish it. I can't see me replaying this if I know all the solutions. This is an example of a game, for me at least, where the fun lies in figuring out the puzzles, not playing it per se. Zelda games are games that I enjoy playing even if I know the solutions to the puzzles, I don't think Zack and Wiki is like that.

I'm enjoying the game very much, hard thinking and analysing to solve the stages, but I've replayed some levels after clearing them just to get an "Unpuzzleable" status and I completed them in about 5 minutes. You can spend over an hour and multiple lives to clear a stage, but once you know the solution you clear them in 5 minutes. For me, almost 0 replayability. I'll have to find someone to sell it to, or perhaps selling it to a store (although a store will rip me off for sure).

The same goes for me, going to be trading it in along with Red Steel to get MoH: Heroes 2.

But it's an AWESOME first play through! Worth the purchase!

I really really really want an new Wii game and this one is the only one "new" and looks fun, but how is the game I´ve heard nothing bad about in yet.

Can someone give me soft information about this game ,like how long is it, how hard is it (can a 5 year old beat it) and is there any replay value to this game?

Thank you : peace:

You have to buy this game!

Just so i can repeatedly write Penis on your TV

I'm writing the review for the game now, very sorry for the delay, we ran into some problems. You all know it's awesome anyway :P

My copy arrved yesterday, and i'm loving it. I've so far got to the boss-type monkey - about 5/6 levels in and i'm scratching my head already! I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. Brilliance on a disk!

I'm fucking struggling on the ice block level. Now I think I need the icicle (to the smash it in with the hammer) but I broke the icicle earlier, is it possible for me to still finish the level? Dont want to waste EVEN more time if I can't even finish it!!!

Oh and the game is amazing! (Unless I need the icicle!)

You don't need it, dazzy m'lad.

I hope I'm thinking of the right level- the one with the chest encased in ice? Well, get the hammer and go to the chest and hammer away til you break through.

I thought if you dropped the icicle on it you automatically succeeded?

Yeah it has energy but surely you can whack the icicle in it and hammer it for an MUCH quicker way.... I'll just hammer it to death then :)

Yeah it has energy but surely you can whack the icicle in it and hammer it for an MUCH quicker way.... I'll just hammer it to death then :)

Aye the quicker way is to drop that big icicle on it from above. You have to do all sorts of things to succeed with that though, and in the end I couldn't figure how to get that frog down off that ledge so I just hammered the ice around the chest for a few mins.

I decided to start the level again and did it very quickly :) I just couldn't sit there for 10 mins bashing it with a hammer and I knew how to do it!

Do you know how to get the frog down now? I'll tell you if you what?

The game is amazing though. One thing, maddy who goes getting treasure, I don't really understand it. Does he just get you pieces as an extra or does he find new levels for you?

I decided to start the level again and did it very quickly :) I just couldn't sit there for 10 mins bashing it with a hammer and I knew how to do it!

Do you know how to get the frog down now? I'll tell you if you what?

The game is amazing though. One thing, maddy who goes getting treasure, I don't really understand it. Does he just get you pieces as an extra or does he find new levels for you?

Lore, which is clues to finding all the extra treasure chests. You can only find them after you've completed the game though. On the level select screen you can see how many chests are on each level.

I just got to the Plane bit wih Rose, and got the map. but twice the game sort of froze on me. Once down the stairs and once in the lift?? The music still played and Z&W still did their standing still motions. But I was locked out???

Has this happened to anyone else??

Got this game yesterday, and I must say I love it. It's like Zelda, but with only the puzzles (and no silly block moving puzzles). I just beat the first batch of levels (the jungle themed levels). Loving the voices too, even though they don't say that much. But I do believe I heard Wiki say an actual Japanese word:大きい or ookii. It's Japanese for "big". He said it on the final Jungle level when he saw the big ape.

Phube, the games yet to freeze on me in any shape or form. Is your disc clean and have other Wii games froze on you? Play on and see if it continues to happen.

Dazzy did you do the musical thing in that level? I thought it was deadly and only added to my annoyance with the frog, lol. I think I read earlier in the thread here about how to get the frog and I was close to getting it-

You have to drop the snake thing nearby it do you? I had done that, but I didn't return it to snake form. I'll get it next time when I go back to get all the HQ.

Phube, the games yet to freeze on me in any shape or form. Is your disc clean and have other Wii games froze on you? Play on and see if it continues to happen.

I have found out why, but it still makes no (real) sense!!

I was turning the engine off (for no reason) before stealing the map. This made a Goon turn it back on, but then he was in the wrong place to chase me... this obviously 'confused' the game so much it froze!!

Try it and see if it freezes for you!!