NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

On the level Mad Science (one of the ones that was kicking my arse , I am definate that the chart for creating the invisible formula is incorrect. If you compare that with the normalisation conversion chart , it gives the indication that flying creatures give you the yellow juice , and the orange juice is already created because there are no horses/cows to normalize.

On that basis I was trying to create the invisble formula using three parts orange , after dying a couple of times (and wasting a few platinum tickets) I ended up just chucking 3 yellow in instead (based on the starting position of the bottles) and it worked. I played through a second time and double checked the charts but I am sure that the information given is incorrect/misleading. Anyone else find this ?

Herrr... All the information is correct!!:blank:

The classification is not about flying creatures or horse/cows...

It's about animal classification: mammals (bat), insect (centipede), reptiles (snake) and birds (already created potion).

Herrr... All the information is correct!!
:blank:

The classification is not about flying creatures or horse/cows...

It's about animal classification: mammals (bat), insect (centipede), reptiles (snake) and birds (already created potion).

*Slaps head*

I had a feeling that it may have been my mistake , as I didn't think a game as polished as this would make such an error.

im fu***** sick of the music mini games.. the game only get every other note i shake.. so now i put the game on ice untill i can afford another wii mote.. whenever that is

It works better if you have the Wiimote in vertical position and hit like if you were playing drums.

Ok, i just finished the airship level after like a hour of trying, first time thought i was flying got the map, then realized i couldn't get the plane out, it took me MANY attempts and restarts to figure out what to do, when i finally got it it was another one of those "OMG, am I that stupid" moments

You're not alone on that. I used over an hour figuring how to get away.

Ok, i just finished the airship level after like a hour of trying, first time thought i was flying got the map, then realized i couldn't get the plane out, it took me MANY attempts and restarts to figure out what to do, when i finally got it it was another one of those "OMG, am I that stupid" moments

You may want to spoiler that mokong : peace:

You may want to spoiler that mokong : peace:

But i didn't give away the solution:indeed:

But i didn't give away the solution:indeed:

Yeah I know but...

someone who read what you've put will know there's something else they need to do, thus sparing them the pain we both went through with it.

Just done what I thought might be the final level (except it wasn't) , I found it brutal and it took me 3+ hours , 2 oracle dolls , 4 platinum tickets and 10+ restarts (which at least helped fill some more treasures). I would like to say it was fun but it wasn't.

I am assuming the next level will be the last and I am now dreading what that might bring , a break may be order before I make any attempt on it.

So where can I get this for thirty quid?

Tesco's.

Or if you want it for £25, you can buy my copy when I'm done with it tomorrow or Saturday. :wink:

I'm on the final level now, and it's a great game and everything, but I doubt I'll play through it again.

Tesco's.

Thanks. Every time I've been to Tesco's, it's been sold out. :(

Or if you want it for £25, you can buy my copy when I'm done with it tomorrow or Saturday. :wink:

Heh. Chuck in a free tenner and you've got yourself a deal. ;)

If you are on about the level where you first sword fight then yes I agree, it was very, very annoying.

Yep , thats the one.

Finally completed this earlier tonight , and apart from that one level I really enjoyed the experience. The game remained polished throughout and the controls were on the whole perfect.

Seems to be a fair amount to do after completion , I'm just not sure that I am quite ready for that yet.

Hmm, so what about those artifacts? Are they really there? So far only one or two people have mentioned them... I guess it's not a problem then?

Did the final stage today...

...pretty cool boss fight, reminded me a lot of the Impact stages from Mystical Ninja.

:smile:

I know what you guys mean about the level just before though, man that one was pretty annoying at times!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting all of the remaining treasure and filling up those books, there sure are a lot of things to collect! Already got a few from the first world, it’s cool that you basically get a whole new set of puzzles for the existing stages in order to find the hidden treasure, great re-play value.

So yeah, overall I’ve been seriously impressed with Zack & Wiki, truly great game!

And major respect to Capcom, for trying something new and still putting loads of effort in to it. icon14.gif If only more third party developers were willing to do the same.

:yay: This finally arrived yesterday and I got some play on it after dinner last night and then in the wee small hours again. It seems quality- great style, great everything... well, not so great load times but thats cos I'm used to playing Nintendo games that don't load/ hide the loading times elsewhere other than behind a loading screen. :heh:

I wanna say though, regarding the debate of whether its Zackuuu or Zack-kun, I'm sure its Zack-kun. I've heard other Jap stuff being said by the characters (e.g. I think it was Barbaros who said "nani?") so that backs up the Zack-kun idea. Dattebayo!

Ok, so I'm up to The King of the Jungle. And I've died a few times at the falling part which I'm guessing is the very end. You have to check the stuff thats falling alongside you, and then Johnny Style floats up past just before its game over. Gah, I've no idea what to check and I'm sure I've clicked everything. I even used a few tickets so I could be revived there because I didn't want to go through the whole level again late last night. I'm sure its obvious!

Remember, if you're not sure where you get stuck, talk to the oracle. She will say it when you can't solve the puzzle anymore, cause you screwed up. It won't cost you an oracle doll either. (Just make sure you cancel when she offers the hint =) )

I spent 10 minutes whacking away at an iceblock with the Wiimote. This game is fun.

There is an alternative solution.

I wanna say though, regarding the debate of whether its Zackuuu or Zack-kun, I'm sure its Zack-kun. I've heard other Jap stuff being said by the characters (e.g. I think it was Barbaros who said "nani?") so that backs up the Zack-kun idea. Dattebayo!

It's "Zacku", there is no obscure meaning behind this, it's just the japanese way of pronouncing this kind of stuff. It's like they say "Zeruda" for "Zelda" and "Metoroido" for "Metroid".

There is an alternative solution.

I half did it with the hammer. :( Couldn't figure out how to get the frog and I couldn't do Barbaros Orchestral Gramaphone whatsit... which means I have no idea if that musical thing has any bearing on the solution for that level. Even so... I felt I had spent enough time messing about so I just took the hammer to the remaining 5000-6000 odd of ice.

It's "Zacku", there is no obscure meaning behind this, it's just the japanese way of pronouncing this kind of stuff. It's like they say "Zeruda" for "Zelda" and "Metoroido" for "Metroid".

... I be aware of that, don't argue with the Zack-kun idea though.

The musical skeleton sections just give bonuses like treasure maps and Wiki upgrades, you dont need them for the puzzles.