NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

Just got the game yesterday, played the first few levels and so far its shaping up to be a great game!

Only thing I dislike are the mini-games where you have to shake the Wii-mote in time with the arrows, really frustrating part, anyone have a good solution to beating it? Actually, what do you get from beating it :heh: ?

Just got the game yesterday, played the first few levels and so far its shaping up to be a great game!

Only thing I dislike are the mini-games where you have to shake the Wii-mote in time with the arrows, really frustrating part, anyone have a good solution to beating it? Actually, what do you get from beating it :heh: ?

You get upgrades for Wiki and treasure maps. As for some tips just imagine you are playing the drums with the wiimote and you should do fine.

Argh, I've only tried one of them music mini games and it frustrated me no end as well. I tried all techniques of shaking the remote as well as drumming and nothing seemed to work reliably. It has been the most annoying part of the game for me.

To beat it, I say you need some luck.

Finished the game today... AWESOME game!

However, I'm trading this in for MoHH2!

Argh, I've only tried one of them music mini games and it frustrated me no end as well. I tried all techniques of shaking the remote as well as drumming and nothing seemed to work reliably. It has been the most annoying part of the game for me.

To beat it, I say you need some luck.

Youngsters these days . . . no patience at all. ;)

I do it by keeping the Remote completely vertical and quite high up. Then imagine you're having to hit a high hat very quickly. Quickness is the key. For the single notes, give a really quick tap. For the long bits, shake it like crazy - you really have to shake it as fast as you can. Haven't had a problem with any of them.

The first one had me thinking 'That music is so familiar' - it took me a while to realise it was Super Ghouls and Ghosts. I haven't recognised any others yet.

No patience? I tried it a good few times and failed miserably each time. :heh: Then I couldn't figure out how to coax that frog down... so by that point I'd had enough of that level!

I'll try your technique next time and see what happens- probably just another string of x's... :(

You have to "beat" the wiimote as the bells pass by that yellow "needle" on the left side. It's not hard, you just need timing (not quickness, Patch). Just air drum to the beat of the song, but watch the bells, if you keep air drumming when there aren't any bells, you fail. There is no crazy wiimote waving in this, you just have to have rhythm and timing. And it does work. If it's not working, the problem is either you or your wiimote, not the game.

The only one I didnt do was the one on the 2nd off last level. I tried it once but gave up as I wanted to end that level as soon as possible due to it being stupidly long.

Woah, at the Ice boss right now and this game is fiendishly difficult........in a good way though :smile: .

Also stuck at the Ice level where there's an automated robot cleaning up the ground every 10 seconds or so? Gave up after one or two attempts cause I'm about to head to Mass, so can anyone give me some tips to finish it? Will give it another shot when I get back anyway.

Edit= Tried to spoiler it just in-case, didn't work for me for some reason though........

Don't get the problem with the music minigame, just hold the wiimote vertically and shake it.

Also stuck at the Ice level where there's an automated robot cleaning up the ground every 10 seconds or so? Gave up after one or two attempts cause I'm about to head to Mass, so can anyone give me some tips to finish it? Will give it another shot when I get back anyway.

Trees are our friends...

Then I couldn't figure out how to coax that frog down... so by that point I'd had enough of that level!

I couldn't get the frog down either. Strangely, I still managed to finish the level! I think there must be two (or a combination of) ways to finish that one.

I couldn't get the frog down either. Strangely, I still managed to finish the level! I think there must be two (or a combination of) ways to finish that one.

When getting the secret treasures after finishing the game you find out there are quite a few levels that have multiple ways off finishing them.

Cool. Is that how you can increase the completion rate from 70% to 100% (I haven't finished the game yet)?

Started playing it today, nice fun distraction from my cold. Although im stuck already, but im going to blame it on my head not being quite there.

I finally have this game since a few days, and I love it. Although I'm ashamed to admit I used the hint system once, I hope you can all forgive me. It's on the level on Rose's ship, with the giant squid. It just didn't occur to me

that I should put a tuna bomb in those bate barrels.

I feel all dirty now, and I realize getting stuck is part of the fun (as long as you're not stuck for too long). I'm now stuck at Treasure island (Z), and I got to the point where I'm at the bridge, but Barbaros keeps sending a replacement for the pirate I defeat.. But this time I'll just let it sink a while.

Anyway, like I said, I love the game, I only don't like some of the sounds Zack makes when idle. It's very annoying to hear him sneeze or pant constantly while your overviewing the level for clues.. Also there's the replay issue some people mentioned, I'm not really bothered by this, but it could help if it was one big world you move in, with more dialogue and slapstick humour, and not the levelstructured game it's now, on other words even more like the old point & click adventures. Maybe for Zack & Wiki 2..

Favourite level is that mad science level I think.. That one was hugely statisfying to beat.

Sméagol - I've just beat the level that you're on, after around two irritating hours on it! Very clever level, but sooo annoying every time I died. I have to admit to using more than a few revives, and even a couple of hint oracles (although to be fair, one was just because I coudn't work out how to use the fire lighter!). The end is now in sight.. I'll have a go at the next level tomorrow.

Just completed the final two levels in the Ice Stage, its just so satisfying when you complete a puzzle after being stuck on it for ages!

I wonder if Capcom are going to release a sequel, has there been any word on it so far? Really hope they do, I know it didn't sell well but it has great scope for improvement on an already fantastic game i.e Full-speech, open world ala Monkey Island........ but then again I would be just as happy with the exact same game with new puzzles :heh: .

I just noticed yesterday this game has multiplayer and it's pretty fun! It's kinda like Galaxy.

ANd I didn't put it in the review --'

Just beat the last boss. What a great game - just what the Wii was designed for! Although, ironically, it's not a game that Nintendo would have made, as they're not keen on new franchises.. Here's hoping for a sequel!