NEurope
Retro_Link

Zack & Wiki

SPOILERS FOR 3RD BOSS

[spoiler=]It took me a while to figure out how to climb the massive hammer at the end of the stage. I knew I had to somehow get the dragon to hit it so I figured I needed to get his attention. After ringing the bell sure enough it fired at me and the hammer cracked the water pot. VICTORY!

Yea, i finally figured out i had to ring the bell as well.Even used an oracle doll for it, but that didn't help me one bit...I just didn't think of trying to dodge the fireball, so i got roasted. Another platinum ticket gone and i was already pretty much broke =(

It seems we're playing at the same pace =D, I'll have someone to turn to when i get stuck again.

The 3rd world was harder for me than the 2nd one though. Especcially getting a nice amount of points is hard on these places.

finally rounded up a copy and it was well worth it.. great game.. only through the jungle thing now.. im taking it slow

The puzzles later on will make you take it slow. Took me 30 minutes to do one earlier.

I need 2 more body parts for the skeleton dude so it looks like im nearing the end. I think I have around 9 hours on the clock so far.

The 4th world is fantastic and some of the levels are easliy the best in the game. Im not going to go into too much detail but there is a puzzle involving using the wiimote as a phone which is brilliant and a very small level which involves paintings. The painting level has to be my favourite of the game so far.

Nine hours? I thought I read that its a monster of a game? Can you go back and play for a better score or rating or something?

(In other news, I got an email saying mine has finally been dispatched today!)

I need 2 more body parts for the skeleton dude so it looks like im nearing the end. I think I have around 9 hours on the clock so far.

The 4th world is fantastic and some of the levels are easliy the best in the game. Im not going to go into too much detail but there is a puzzle involving using the wiimote as a phone which is brilliant and a very small level which involves paintings. The level has to be my favourite of the game so far.

I'm exactly at the same point.^^ I have to finish the science level which I quickly begin and he don't seem too difficult but looks amazing. And the paintings level is also my favourite.

I think there's a fifth world after that considering how much items are missing in books. And shadows looks like a squid, a shark and another fish so I bet on a underwater level.

I haven't really struggle at the moment. The thing blocking me the longest time was overly stupid: pushing a button during the 3rd boss fight. :shakehead

I think I'm at the final stage. I have played it for 17 hours.

Right now I'm going to explore the treasure map. Had no idea I could get treasure by searching random maps.

Nine hours? I thought I read that its a monster of a game? Can you go back and play for a better score or rating or something?

The main story seems like it will take around 15 hours but then you unlock more quests after you finish the game as you only get 70% completion for each world before you finish the game.

There is also ALOT of collectables which you get by doing what is being discussed by underneath.

Right now I'm going to explore the treasure map. Had no idea I could get treasure by searching random maps.

Yeah I didnt figure out about this til the 3rd world. Its great sending Maddy off to find all of the collectables.

Zak and Wiki has entered the UK Chart at Number 17!

Thats excellent for a game which is a totally new I.P, Had hardly any promotion and no recognizable characters! (From IGN, thanks).

Very well done! Oh and it's done much better in the UK then USA!

So, FECKING RELEASE THESE GAMES HERE FIRST!

Thanks. :smile:

OMG i just watched a video of the Ice Key puzzle...WOW!

God i can't wait to buy this game and try it out! Also, wikid news on it entering the charts at 17. I was abit worried because my local game and gamestation barely had any copies of it and i wasn't sure if its because they didn't think it would sell or if it was to due with them not getting many copies!

Just done the airship mission. Bloody awesome!

Am I the only one who finds Captain Rose strangely attractive?

Its the short skirt aint it? :)

The only things that do is the skirt and her poilt girl attitude :heh:

Can't say i've thought of her that way though.

Dammit, this game has made me realise my Wii has got the dreaded artefact problem, although it's the only game it's really noticeable on :( I've not had any problems before and a few months ago I disabled Connect24 and started unplugging it at the wall because I heard about overheating frying the graphics card. When there's a lot of the light blue sky background I get like little black flies flying really fast across some textures. Tried Mario Galaxy and it's very slight on that but if you look hard on certain levels you can see it a little on some textures. If this doesn't fix itself it'll be the second Wii I've needed replaced, only had one 360 as well and they're supposed to eb the unreliable ones!

How can that happen? I thought it only happened in some early Wiis.

Done the first few levels and there's not many bits where you notice it, but you can see it when you go to the bookshelf in the hideout and on a lot on Wiki's face when you complete a level. Guess it's from having my Wii on orange standby mode for ages, but I deliberately stopped doing that. Grr.

EDIT: Looks like it's not just me

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26104355

Graphical Black Artifacts in Zack and Wi ...

Has anyone else noticed this? I am playing the game right now, and it seems whenever there is motion, small black artifacts appear in the area surround and object...

Anyone else have this problem?

http://www.monkeyjuggler.net/meanderings/

There is one slight fly in the ointment though. For some reason a couple of games on my Wii have some bits that leave dodgy artifacts on the picture. I’ve no idea why. One thought is the component feed to the telly is the culprit. I thought the telly might be the problem but the old (nicked) one did the same. It’s just that Z&W is far worse an example of this than the others. There are whole cut scenes with dreadful spotting going on. It’s not pretty. Good job the game is good enough to overlook these flaws. But I’m pretty sure it’s down to the component thing rather than any poor game design.

Note I'm using an RGB cable, not component.

Edit 2: And here's a video of exactly what I'm seeing in Z&W but hardly, if at all, in any other games.

Zak and Wiki has entered the UK Chart at Number 17!

Thats excellent for a game which is a totally new I.P, Had hardly any promotion and no recognizable characters! (From IGN, thanks).

Not to mention that Zack & Wiki only counts the first two days on sale. The rest of the games are for a whole week.

Damn this game.

I have 2 parts to collect so must be near the end , but , those final pieces have me stumped. One is in the 3rd world , and one on the 4th world and I have been attempting then for a good chunk of what I thought was the evening , yet , I have just noticed that it is now 4am. Damn you Z & W and your fiendish puzzles.

It looks like tomorrow will be spent replaying earlier levels to get some cash for dolls , because I seem to be getting close to nailing the levels but I am missing something somewhere.

All my cash is being spent on sending out Maddy for treasures, I refuse to buy the dolls!

I finally put the skeleton dude back together before I went to work last night and wasnt suprised in the slightest what happened. The level where you get the last piece of him ( boss stage in 4th World ) is probably the most annoying level yet.

I dont mind dying and restarting the level but there a few scenes in that level where you cant skip the animations. I must have died around 10 times on it so I was getting very frustrated having to watch them over and over.

The last level I beat before going to work was great.

Spoiler for the level.[spoiler=]It involved a ship fight with a giant squid! I think I got my lowest score on this level as I kept missing the attacks on the Squid. At least I get to play it again :)

I must not have long left to go as I have got all the skeleton parts then I get to go on the hunt for all the collectables! I love doing stuff like that, probably why I enjoy achievements on the 360.

All my cash is being spent on sending out Maddy for treasures, I refuse to buy the dolls!

I wasn't happy about buying Oracle Dolls but frustration was kicking in , also luckily I sussed early on that you can send Maddy out which is one of the reasons I am skint (at least the treasure books are gradually filling up).

On the level Mad Science (one of the ones that was kicking my arse , I am definate that the chart for creating the invisible formula is incorrect. If you compare that with the normalisation conversion chart , it gives the indication that flying creatures give you the yellow juice , and the orange juice is already created because there are no horses/cows to normalize.

On that basis I was trying to create the invisble formula using three parts orange , after dying a couple of times (and wasting a few platinum tickets) I ended up just chucking 3 yellow in instead (based on the starting position of the bottles) and it worked. I played through a second time and double checked the charts but I am sure that the information given is incorrect/misleading. Anyone else find this ?

I don't remember what species represented which bottle and how the formulas were, but I never had any problem making them. I'll check next time I play.

I wasn't happy about buying Oracle Dolls but frustration was kicking in , also luckily I sussed early on that you can send Maddy out which is one of the reasons I am skint (at least the treasure books are gradually filling up).

On the level Mad Science (one of the ones that was kicking my arse , I am definate that the chart for creating the invisible formula is incorrect. If you compare that with the normalisation conversion chart , it gives the indication that flying creatures give you the yellow juice , and the orange juice is already created because there are no horses/cows to normalize.

On that basis I was trying to create the invisble formula using three parts orange , after dying a couple of times (and wasting a few platinum tickets) I ended up just chucking 3 yellow in instead (based on the starting position of the bottles) and it worked. I played through a second time and double checked the charts but I am sure that the information given is incorrect/misleading. Anyone else find this ?

Yeah I had the same problem