N-Europe

Eclipse

Caris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the moon turned to blood... The little bit of light still shining at the top won't sod off. I want my red moon.

That sentence has a totally different meaning for anyone who's read River God (and probably hundreds of other books). :heh:

Went outside on my socks and without a coat to see it (not a good idea when it's fricking cold and just rained); tip of the moon was still white. Went back inside and went back outside a bit later with coat and shoes; moon had an orangey look to it; pretty nice. Also tried to look at it with my crappy binocular (well, it's one of those pirate ones, for one eye), but since this thing is just a toy it won't show me much. XD

Too bad the moon is so small; would've been awesome had it been a big red moon in the sky. =O

Edit: also, I wish I had a telescope. I've always wanted one, especially when I was a little nerdy girl (now I'm still a nerdy girl... and not that big either actually). Would've been so cool.

Edit: also, I wish I had a telescope. I've always wanted one, especially when I was a little nerdy girl (now I'm still a nerdy girl... and not that big either actually). Would've been so cool.

When I finally get a proper house of my own, I'm going to buy a telescope. I've always wanted one, too.

Too bad the moon is so small; would've been awesome had it been a big red moon in the sky. =O

Yeah I wish it were bigger, it would be immense if it was. I've been watching its progress while questing for a burger and chips. Then I've been sat in the garden watching it and trying to take some photos (none of them very impressive but I may show them if anyone wants). Lovely and red at the moment, but I think it's going to begin returning to normal in a minute.

It just looked a bit red at the bottom when I looked, still pretty cool to see though. I've always wanted a telescope too and I want to see a shooting star.

Never seen a shooting star? =O

I've seen a ton already, multiple ones in one night even. Every year (or twice a year even?) the earth moves through some belt that has all kind of crap in it, and it will create tons of shooting stars. It's great to lay outside then and just stare at the sky, trying to spot as many shooting stars as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_shower

When you move down the page, there's a list there of meteor showers (I didn't know there were that many a year). The one I usually go outside for is the one in mid-August, cause the sky is normally clear then. =D