N-Europe

GTA IV

AshMat

You are this forums ultimate Nintendo fanboy, you are the Nintendo version of Caris.

Now we've got Mr Sony and Mr Nintendo...who is Mr Microsoft I wonder.

How am I? Do I not own all three consoles? Have I not owned every console in existence (pretty much). I don't like Nintendo out of blind loyalty; I just love excellence, innovation, fun, imagination.

GTA4 (like most gaming experiences on PS3 and 360) as the same games we played last gen but with incredible graphics and physics. Yes some games utilise this to create unrivaled atmosphere and mood (Gears, Bioshock) but mainly I just feel bored. GTA4 is the same game I didn't like on the PS2 but with amazing graphics.

Maybe the story will pick up and get me hooked, but so far it's same old same old and the same old is average personified!

How does me not liking the same games as you make me a fanboy!? Tell me why I am, I'd love to know.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone is playing tonight invite me please. Last time was fun, especially the race (which I came 3rd cause I have a hairy chest.).

GTA4 is the same game I didn't like on the PS2 but with amazing graphics.

Woah there horsey, I thought the GTA3 series was mostly ass. But GTA4 is so much more, not just better graphics and physics.

Guest Jordan
I'd say Jordan.

... Wah? I own every damn platform you can get and i've been whoring my PS3/Wii/PSP for the last 2 months.

The soundtrack is ace. The only problem with the radio stations is the absence of DJ-fucking-Lazlow. Seriously where the hell is he?

You need to check out Integrity 2.0.

I've only played for about 4 hours but so far, I don't think this game is much of an improvement over the PS2 games. Is there something wrong with me or something wrong with everyone else? I find the missions rather boring so far. Go somewhere, shoot someone, come back. Mmm.

First 10 hours is basically the tutorial. The missions get fun after 20 to 30% of the game.

The bashing this is getting is terrible. It's as if it was expected to be the second coming. I agree, some reviewers have hyped this up beyond belief (yet that's surely part of their jobs...Ala the Gamespot incident perhaps)...

It's a great, great title and even the free-mode offers so much more fun than most titles. Just enjoy it for what it is. A free-roaming Matrix-alike experience. Considering the title has elements of most genres this is the closest ANY game has ever got to getting them all (as close) to perfection.

Just enjoy it... (Oh and ELO are on Liberty City Rock radio, that's enough for me).

Its pretty slow at the beginning (I'm just over 10% in) but so far its enjoyable. Essentially nothing has changed but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I like Nico, Roman pisses me off. I'm just trying to take my time with it. I think tomorrow night I will try and resist and go for some MGO.

The hospital is charging me too much. Finally completed a mission without dying but as soon as I ran into the road to get a car a taxi hit me from the side and sent me flying >_>

I like the mission in GTAIV a lot more than the previous games. The cover system makes things a lot more interesting and allows for more enemies to shoot at. I loved the mission

where you had to kill a dozen drug dealers in an abandoned building then kill twice as many cops on the way out.

Got 100% with Michelle and am now dating the most annoying girl ever, Carmen. Is there any point in dating?

Found an easy way to survive five minutes with six stars when I was randomly exploring the city.

Find a boat and go to an island you haven't unlocked yet and drive in circles around it. Easiest points you will ever get. It doesn't work with the other achievment as you can't outrun them.

Only happened to me once in the 20 hours I have played. It freezed for about five seconds except for the sound.

Yea thats what I get. Seems to happen when the sessions been going on for an hour or so, turning off the Xbox for awhile helps.

Just hoping it's nothing wrong with the xbox...

I love the attention to detail in this game...

[spoiler=]"Ok so I was driving around... I passed a car showroom, backed the fuck right up, went in, climbed over into the display area, got in the car, and drove it right off the stand and out of the fucking showroom window ^^ I was quite pleased with myself and happy at the time. :heh:

I then crashed it a bit, I checked it up close as it's one of those supercars with the engine in the boot, well... the bonnet came off and it was empty just like it would be if it were irl, fricking awesome. :smile: "

Yeah I'm really enjoying it atm. ^^

Find a boat and go to an island you haven't unlocked yet and drive in circles around it. Easiest points you will ever get. It doesn't work with the other achievment as you can't outrun them.

That's what I did for mine. I outran them, too. At one point I had to turn around and head back into the wanted zone as I almost escaped to too early. If you have a fast boat the police don't stand a chance.

The hospital is charging me too much.

Yea. For me it's reached around $5000ish each time I die.

Guest Stefkov
The hospital is charging me too much. Finally completed a mission without dying but as soon as I ran into the road to get a car a taxi hit me from the side and sent me flying >_>

I like the mission in GTAIV a lot more than the previous games. The cover system makes things a lot more interesting and allows for more enemies to shoot at. I loved the mission

where you had to kill a dozen drug dealers in an abandoned building then kill twice as many cops on the way out.

Got 100% with Michelle and am now dating the most annoying girl ever, Carmen. Is there any point in dating?

Found an easy way to survive five minutes with six stars when randomly exploring the city.

How'd you get 6 stars? I wouldn't mind trying that.

Do the cops ever take your guns away when you get busted?

They take them away every time you get busted.

How'd you get 6 stars? I wouldn't mind trying that.

Go to an island you haven't "unlocked" and you'll get an instant 6 stars.