N-Europe

Matt Casamassina:- Wii Aint Seen Nothing Yet!

Hero-of-Time

Surely we all knew that superb niche games are heading are way in the future?

Nintendo never lets us down, something greats obviously gonna come along! I'm expecting exciting things later this year/early next.

Can we just concentrate on the 'big' games we know now and talk about newer games once there released?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculations fun.

I know Matt has plenty of followers and plenty of haters, I reckon that what he said is fairly true. Why shouldnt we believe him? Ok, sometimes I fell its hard to believe that he's best friends with like every developer in the world, but no matter how much we might want to dispute it, the man does know his stuff.

Its a pity he couldnt reveal any specifics, but arent game details kept under wraps as it is? Its hardly suprising that he would have to keep quiet about anything he may or might not see until the time is right to reveal the goods.

I wonder what he knows? :heh:

Anyone who considers theirself a Nintendo fan and "hates" Matt Cassamassina is pretty much retarded. There's no bigger Nintendo fanboy in the press that I can think of. He's a gaming journalist, he doesn't make things up, he does have a massive amount of sources (hey, guess what, people who go to games events constantly and are constantly on the phone to developers do have ties with industry insiders, what do you know!) and he takes his work seriously and does a damn good job with it.

I guess people can't handle the fact he's a realistic fan though. Oh God he didn't give the latest Nintendo game a 10, he clearly hates them/is gay/sucks ass/is full of shit. No, he just does his job, which doesn't involve giving games inflated scores they don't deserve just because fanboys want them to be great.

Honestly I don't have a clue how anyone finds anything to dislike about the guy. Imagine if you had all this insider information you were DYING to release but were under legal obligation to keep utterly silent about. You'd at least want fellow fans to know that there IS good stuff coming.

Matt's a hardcore gamer we all know that, and he's saying that he knows about new games that are making him pretty happy, so no it's not that the Wii is getting more games, it's that the Wii is getting some awesome games we don't know about and we should be excited, and it's probable that these games are not new 'touch-generations-like' crap but proper epic games, because those are the games Matt likes.

So Tellyn just because you have some sort of grudge against Matt doesn't mean you have to kill everyone else's mood.

Matt's a hardcore gamer we all know that, and he's saying that he knows about new games that are making him pretty happy, so no it's not that the Wii is getting more games, it's that the Wii is getting some awesome games we don't know about and we should be excited, and it's probable that these games are not new 'touch-generations-like' crap but proper epic games, because those are the games Matt likes.

So Tellyn just because you have some sort of grudge against Matt doesn't mean you have to kill everyone else's mood.

I don't have a grudge against him, I just don't like his attitude. Is my opinion invalid?

Anyone who considers theirself a Nintendo fan and "hates" Matt Cassamassina is pretty much retarded. There's no bigger Nintendo fanboy in the press that I can think of. He's a gaming journalist, he doesn't make things up, he does have a massive amount of sources (hey, guess what, people who go to games events constantly and are constantly on the phone to developers do have ties with industry insiders, what do you know!) and he takes his work seriously and does a damn good job with it.

Honestly I don't have a clue how anyone finds anything to dislike about the guy. Imagine if you had all this insider information you were DYING to release but were under legal obligation to keep utterly silent about. You'd at least want fellow fans to know that there IS good stuff coming.

I think your pretty retarded for saying the first thing I've put in bold, just because somebody likes Nintendo doesn't mean they have to like another person who has the same interests as you, much like some people don't like each other on here, and just because he works at one of the worlds biggest games sites, doesn' make him anymore a worthy fan than you or me...

As for the third point, I wouldn't if he is gonna be professiona and abide by the legal obligation he should just keep quiet, I blame companies, don't give him the info,don't fuel his already immense ego, I mean we all expect good stuff to arrive, it's not like we need somebody telling us this...

This is jsut Matt cASSamASSina showing off that he gets to see stuff before us. Just read all that shit

"I’ve seen some stuff that you simply have no idea even exists and frankly, if you did, you’d flip out"

The Guy's an asshole tbh. I think really we all know there are secret games in the works anyway.

Because that's what we do...

Looking back, my post was a little vague. :)

When i said 'Once there released', i meant when they are first shown to the public (screenshots and all). Not when there on the shelf, which it looked like i meant.

I just feel we should concentrate on the games we know now (and so should Nintendo, hurry up with Metroid BTW ;) ) and Matt should talk about these so called amazing games, when there allowed to be spoken about. Once Nintendo officially shows something for the first time, we then talk about it on here? Don't we?

I like Matt, but his post was kinda pointless, to me anyway.

It's not just Matt, but when people say "I have something really cool to say, but I'm not going to tell you the details," it really, really, really grates my cheese.

"guess what?"

"what?"

"ahh, you don't want to know."

"go on..."

"nah, you don't wanna know."

".....are you going to say what you were going to say or what?!"

"I know something reeeeeallly interesting, but I can't tell you what it is."

Thanks a lot. There are interesting games coming to the Wii in the future that will blow us away? Whoa, thanks for telling us something new, Matt.

This is jsut Matt cASSamASSina showing off that he gets to see stuff before us. Just read all that shit

"I’ve seen some stuff that you simply have no idea even exists and frankly, if you did, you’d flip out"

The Guy's an asshole tbh. I think really we all know there are secret games in the works anyway.

agreed 100%.he annoys the crap out of me

Both Matt and Jeff annoy me, both have huge egos and speak like their best buds with all games companies. Matt usually makes very vague, but gloating statements that anyone could make and on the odd occasion he is specific its often not very helpful. I remember when he said everything about Nintendo will would be revealed at that german games conference, which it didnt, the controller was revealed at the tokyo games conference instead.

As a member of the press he does get access to things earlier than the rest of us, but he's not in the godly position he makes out to be in.

Both Matt and Jeff annoy me, both have huge egos and speak like their best buds with all games companies. Matt usually makes very vague, but gloating statements that anyone could make and on the odd occasion he is specific its often not very helpful. I remember when he said everything about Nintendo will would be revealed at that german games conference, which it didnt, the controller was revealed at the tokyo games conference instead.

As a member of the press he does get access to things earlier than the rest of us, but he's not in the godly position he makes out to be in.

Exactly they act like they are best buddies with them, but they aren't at all, it's like an editor of a celebrity magazine thinking they are friends with all the celebs when really they are just there as a means to end for coverage.

And yes he is not in godly position he thinks he is, he just another editor of another publication.

If you read the entire blog entry you will see he mentions some interesting things:

- Those crazy, awesome games for Wii

- A wii game demo channel coming(about time I say)

- 1 or 2 new projects announced this coming week

Interesting stuff. I hope it all works out well. I think Matt should be given a bit more respect. He does his part to promote Nintendo more than any other journalist.

If you read the entire blog entry you will see he mentions some interesting things:

Interesting stuff. I hope it all works out well. I think Matt should be given a bit more respect. He does his part to promote Nintendo more than any other journalist.

Didn't read that one over there, but I might have missed it. I'm jsut not bothered to read the entire thing again.

Mac. Uhm.

1. Thanks Matt, I didn't know the Wii was getting some good games, I just bought it so I could play movie licensed crap.

2. Been rumoured for ages and mentioned by System 3 in an NGamer interview. They said their Gottlieb Pinball game would be available as one of the first demos.

3. That took a genius. Sega and Namco Bandai have both said that recently.