N-Europe

Recommend me some music, breres.

Stranger

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, funny how tastes vary. I personally thought that Herzeleid was their 'worst' album. Don't get me wrong, it still rocks, just 2% less than say 'Mutter'. My two halfpenny's of course.

Hmm... so where would Sehnsucht and Reise, Reise fit into it?

For me, Sehsucht and Mutter are fairly equal, and Reise, Reise the worst. Although, I still love RR of course :P

Monopolyman - yeah, I intend to borrow The Kinks greatest hits from my friend. I'm also aware that I need to pick up some Hendrix. I also love The Animals' "House of the Rising Sun", but I don't know enough of their songs to justify buying an album of theirs.

Moria - Franz's new album is on my list. I think Oasis's new single is awesome, but can you please justify a purchase of the album? As for Queen '86, I would...but I already have their Night at the Opera album on my list.

Platty - I have heard good things about those first three artists in particular, but haven't heard their music. Mind sending over a few tracks over MSN?

Anyone here have KT Tunstall's album? Thoughts?

As do Hard-Fi, their debut album is class. :rolleyes:

Chances are it'll be their only one. As is the trend with all these "hot new British bands" which are popping up every five seconds.

I'm still pushing the Nightwish massive. I can send anyone ch00nage if they're interested.

ok anything by rammstein, the subways, weezer, the chili peppers, hard-fi, roadrunner united (is effing amazing!), blink 182, angles and airwaves, matchbook romance, interpol, slipknot, metallica, chimera, fear factory, type o negative, king diamond, coal chamber, feeder, incubus, reel big fish! all thos bands rock my socks off and im sure they will do the same for you!

Whenever Oasis release a new album people say its shit compared to their old stuff, but thats because Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory were 2 of the best albums of the 90's. Don't Believe the Truth is quite a good album by itself, it's just all the reviews compare it against Definitely Maybe which its obviously never going to match.

Anyways, I recommend Get Behind Me Satan by the White Stripes, been listening to it since it came out monthes ago and it's still great to listen to while on the bus. :)

Try sham 69 or the stranglers. the stranglers are by far the greatest band ever to come from manchester ,dont listen to those oasis simpletons. also try the velvet underground or lou reeds "new york" album, its quality. some have said the animals are good ,i agree, but i hear they have recently been taken to task over their lyrics for "house of the rising sun". apparantly theres NOT a house in new orleans . ooer sorry about that one.

no disrepect to moria, but ignore his post :heh: the new franz and oasis are both disappointing. on the indie-rock theme though, i'd also recommend be your own pet, yeah yeah yeahs, clap your hands say yeah, arcade fire and wolf parade.

A bit late for that now, as he'll already have read it when he reads yours :heh:

Are Arcade Fire and Wold Parade even real bands? :heh:

stranger, the kt tunstall is average at best, you're better off just downloading the singles. i already said this on the first page, but you obviously don't read my posts *cries*

A bit late for that now, as he'll already have read it when he reads yours :heh:

Are Arcade Fire and Wold Parade even real bands? :heh:

yes they are, and better bands than oasis could ever hope to be :heh:

Big!

Death From Above 1979 are pretty good too.

If you like Dangerdoom check out Gnarles Barkley's (Cee-Lo and Dangermouse) "Crazy" I take it you heard Madvillan? (MF Doom and Madvillan) If not go do it as soon as.

i love dfa1979! madvillain i also like, i might check out gnarles barkley too, i've heard good things about cee-lo. madlib's solo stuff is amazing, especially mind fusion vol.1 & 2. i haven't really listened to it much but edan's "beauty and the beat" is worth checking out too. i'm glad that i'm not the only person in the world that likes indie hip-hop :)

yes they are, and better bands than oasis could ever hope to be :heh:

I dont think you know what your talking about, from what ive heard of arcade fire, id rather listen to aqua and eiffel 65 and that aint a good thing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!