N-Europe

Greatest comedy ever!!!

THE ganondorflol

TV - Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Cheers, Frasier, Simpsons... there are plenty more I could name, but these are my favourites!

Film - Blazing Saddles, Raising Arizona, Monty Python's Holy Grail/Life of Brian, Naked Gun, Airplane... once again, many more but too many to mention!

Geez, thinking about it, there are so many to list, I couldn't say which are my favs out of the lot, but these are the ones that sprang to mind first!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot Fawlty Towers!

"You started it, you invaded Poland!"

Hell yeah, best episode ever. It totally offends every German out their, but itis so funny. He keeps on trying not to mention the war, but always manages to say something related to it. Scrubs is also great, there was a thread about it though, although it was about a different kind of scrubs. Anyone know what it was about????

My Family was great until Nick left. He was so good, and funny. Nobody will ever be like him. BBC have made a sort of modern day My family called 'When you've gone' on Friday nights, and the boy tries to be Nick but he isn't. The programme is absolute crap.

Last Monday I watched the first 2 episodes of Black Books on Paramount Comedy, the following Friday, the Black Books boxset came in through the post. Only 2 episodes was enough to get it ordered off Play.com.

I love a lot of different comedies: UK: Black Books, Bo' Selecta, Bottom, The Office, Phoenix Nights, The Young Ones, Extras, The Royle Family, Early Doors, The Mighty Boosh, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, The Day Today, Alan Partridge, Peep Show, The Fast Show, Red Dwarf, Only Fools And Horses, Fawlty Towers, Black Adder, Father Ted, Black Adder, The Thin Blue Line,

I used to like Little Britain, when it was fresh, but now, it's just been raped by the BBC and it's no longer enjoyable.

US: Scrubs, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Family Guy, South Park.

There is also one on E4 called "The War At Home" (starring Michael Rappaport), I watched one episode last night and it was pretty funny.

FILMS: Airplane!, Mike Bassett: England Manager, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Team America: World Police, BASEketball, Shaun Of The Dead, The 40 Year-Old Virgin, Naked Gun, Hot Shots, Liar Liar, Ace Ventura, and many more.

NOTE TO SELF: Must get Brasseye.

I think in terms of comedy series America can't really compare to the UK. I mean in terms of comedies that I have found myself loving.

UK has: Black Books, Peep Show, Spaced, I'm Alan Partridge, The Day Today, Fawlty Towers, Still Game, The Fast Show, Harry Enfield and Chums, Yes Minister, Garth Merenghi, Red Dwarf, Father Ted, Blackadder, Chewin' the Fat, Phoenix Nights, The Mighty Boosh.

USA has: The Simpsons, South Park, Scrubs, Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm, ummm and I guess The Sopranos can be seen has a drama/comedy.

Yep, no comparison really.

There is also one on E4 called "The War At Home" (starring Michael Rappaport), I watched one episode last night and it was pretty funny.

I've started watching that recently. I like it quite alot. :)

Why is it that I'm the only guy here who knows about the brilliant british comedy "The Thin Blue Line"?

You're not, others have mentioned it somewhere. I also love it. :D

Thin Blue Line was rubs.

British TV - The Armando Iannucci Shows; Spaced; Monty Python's Flying Circus; The Day Today; Peep Show; The Adam And Joe Show; Chucklevision; Brasseye; Big Train; Father Ted; Bodger And Badger; Sooty & Co; The Slammer; This Morning With Richard Not Judy; Jam; The Thick Of It.

American TV - Seinfeld; Arrested Development; Kenan And Kel; Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends; Curb Your Enthusiasm; The Office: An American Workplace; Entourage; Lucky Louis; It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia; Mr Show; Space Ghost Coast to Coast; Aqua Teen Hunger Force; Tom Goes To The Mayor; Powerpuff Girls; The Simpsons; Strangers With Candy; The Colbert Report; Futrama; That's My Bush; South Park; Parker Lewis Can't Lose.

Catherine Tate! Though the third series was kinda of predictable.

Character walks on, says catch phrase, everyone laughs. It was funny for a while but she needs to try something a bit different if she does a fourth series.

This is a thread for good comedy, not that rubbish.

So rubbish you had to quote it in your Xbox Live details.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!