NEurope
THE ganondorflol

Greatest comedy ever!!!

LOL

What is the greatest comedy ever? I know loads, but Monty Pythons Life Of Brian pops into mind. It puts every american sitcom to shame.

Remember: Always look on the bright side of life!

Life's a load of shit!

So just get used to it.

Or something like that.

Black Adder

Father Ted

The Vicar of Dibley

Yes Minister/ Yes Prime Minister

Dad's Army

To name but a few of my favourites, I think are all much better than any of the Monty Python films.

I love Little Britain but the abroad one is the best one yet. ''Jesus loves you. Jesus loves you. Jesus errr, likes you.''

This is gonna present some contrasting opinions, but I'm gonna just say classic Simpsons and end it. Also sitting alongside early Simpsons as my favourite comedies are the trashy, but hilarious Bottom and of course Only Fools and Horses. Harry Enfield and Chums can have a mention too.

Also gotta give props to the Naked Gun movies, which never fail to raise a chuckle.

We're fortunate to live in a time with so much hilarity on offer.

Always look on the bright side of life!

Life's a piece of shit!

When you look at it!

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true

You'll see it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go,

Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

Corrected by a hardcore Python fan.

I have to say Airplane!

"Hurry. The fog is getting thicker."

"And Leon's getting: L-L-L-Larger!"

I love Little Britain but the abroad one is the best one yet. ''Jesus loves you. Jesus loves you. Jesus errr, likes you.''

Most of Little Britain isn't even funny.

I think family guy is a contender, but for british comedy... only fools and horses?

I can't stand Little Britain, I don't think I've laughed once when its been on.

Keeping up Appearences is very funny.

Still Game is class, although it didn't go down well in England because its very Scottish.

Red Dwarf, Black Books, The Mighty Boosh and Garth Marenghis Darkplace are all very funny shows.

All of the Monty Python films/sketches. All funny, I was watching the Flyung circus one last night and there was a sketch where they were in a book store. Little Britain was influenced/stole ideas off them.

The Fast Show is a great comedy, plus Brass Eye, not seen much of that.

Also whats not been mentioned, Alan Partridge. The boosh of course aswell.

I dont really find Black books that funny. I was watching it with mates and it wasnt as funny as they had made it out to be.

THe question is: Is British comedy better than American comedy?

I prefer British comedy but it's been a bit quiet lately.

Black books, the office, peep show, red dwarf, coupling, scrubs, green wing, friends, classic simpsons, family guy, monty python, curb your enthusiasm, extras, teachers, porridge, only fools and horses...

Just to name a few.

Ugly Betty isn't funny. It is more of a drama than a comedy.

Dramedy I think is the word

THe question is: Is British comedy better than American comedy?

It certainly likes to think it is.

Desmond's.

Or someone else mentioned Airplane, in terms of comedy films, that one is pretty awesome for its time, and I think it was the first of its sort of genre.

Desmond's.

This dude knows where it's at. :D

My favourite comedy is Only Fools And Horses. Father Ted closely follows behind, as I love that, too.

There's just too many good moments in both of these programmes to list. I have had tears in my ears and streaming down my face from laughing so hard at these two alone.

I love Black Books, Red Dwarf and Monty Python, as well, but nowhere near as much as I love Fools and Ted.

As for the British comedy vs American comedy debate, they're too different things. I think only the British can really 'get' British comedy, and it uses a lot of references to current events, where the comedy is situated, etc. Try showing Father Ted to a non-British person, and chances are they will not find it anywhere near as funny as you do, if at all.

Scrubs definitly has its moments...

I love the second season of the League of Gentlemen. Anything by Harry Enfield, the fast show...

Am I the only one who thinks Monty Python is shit? Seriously, it has never even brought me close to laughter.

Am I the only one who thinks Monty Python is shit? Seriously, it has never even brought me close to laughter.

Probably not. It's not exactly for everyone, and it's more random than anything.

Airplane is a great movie. "I am serious, and don't call me shirly!"

South Park needs a mention, especially for something that's gone on for n=so long and hasn't lost any of it's magic.