NEurope
THE ganondorflol

Greatest comedy ever!!!

Blazing Saddles.

It was the first spoof I watched. (well i'd watched hot shots before but i was really young and couldn't remember it.)

My favourite comedy is Only Fools And Horses.

Flink raises another good contender. The problem with Desmond's is that theres kind of not enough of it, and it isn't very well known. Only fools and horses though, thoroughly funny through and through, and I think everyone will find it funny too. Every episode makes me laugh, even if I've seen it plenty of times before, it really is a timeless comedy.

I prefer some of these older comedies to recent ones, I dunno why, they just seem to have something to them that newer ones don't. I love watching old sitcoms(recently quite into Only When I laugh on ITV3).

A really good comedy from recent years is Spaced, unfortunately again there wasn't very much of it.

The funniest thing ever is either the Simpsons or The Peep Show. Both are just so funny, i cry laughing, even if I've seen them before.

Perhaps a contravercial choice but I think Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps is a very good comedy.

Scrubs

Anything from Monty Python

Gato Fedorento (it's portuguese :P)

Black Adder

Black Books

Spaced

And probably more I'm forgetting

Perhaps a contravercial choice but I think Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps is a very good comedy.

I hate that. A lot.

LOL

What is the greatest comedy ever? I know loads, but Monty Pythons Life Of Brian pops into mind. It puts every american sitcom to shame.

Remember: Always look on the bright side of life!

Life's a load of shit!

So just get used to it.

Or something like that.

haha i hate hate hate monthy python.i dont undertsna dto this day what is so funny about the fucking holy grail.i liked the life of brian

Airplane takes a shit on any comedy..

other notable mentions are naked gun and liar liar

Oh, another great comedy, although a bit crude, is "Bottom".

ahah ever see the chess episode fantastic

Ok if we are talking about tv shows then:

Red dwarf,absolutely fabolous,father ted(the best)fawlty towers

Movies or TV?

Nevertheless theres a list.

Fawlty Towers

The Two Ronnies

Monty Python

Airplane

Waynes World

Blackadder

Only Fools and Horses

Not the Nine o'clock News

Everbody Loves Raymond

Scrubs

Bewitched

Blazing Saddles

...and it goes on

Why has nobody mentioned Frasier yet? Damn, that was such a great show. Slapstick that rivals Laural & Hardy, one hilarious quote after the other and who doesn't love Niles?

As for films, I always admired spoof comedys myslef. Airplane! I agree was awesome, and I love The Naked Gun series aswell. And I'll second Blazing Saddles.

And if were bringing stand up in now, Ross Noble gets me every time.

THe question is: Is British comedy better than American comedy?

In terms of sitcoms the British used to shit all over the Americans, that's all changed though. There hasn't been one really great British sitcom in the last ten years and we're getting crappy sketch shows like Little Britain and Catherine Tate, both of which are pure crap.

In stand up though Britain still rules, despite some truly cringeworthy acts.

Fraiser was an incredible sitcom. Sure, it dipped for a while, but the last two seasons were amazing, amazing comedy.

Elsewhere, Scrubs is always nice entertainment and now Green Wing is starting to tickle my fancy.

Also Peep Show is easily the funniest thing to come out of this country for a good decade or so. Easy.

Definately agree about the lack of good british comedy recently. Had to start getting into good american comdey instead. Curb, Seinfeld and Arrested Development are all pretty good once you get into them.

I've forgotten about Fawlty Towers and The Royle Family. I love both of these immensely.

Ab Fab.

And whilst spending the last year in Australia I asked them the question of whose comedy was better - british or american...

9/10 of them said British. They said it was more intelligent and there weren't fart jokes every three minutes.

Open All Hours

Only Fools and Horses

Oh Doctor Beeching

So Haunt Me

My Family

and that new one on a friday with nicholas lyndhurst in (can't remember the name)

All of which are british.

However I do like The Simpsons/American Dad/South Park as well

partridge2.jpg

But there are plenty of other great ones too, just to name a few...

Drop the Dead Donkey

The Day Today

Yes Minister/Prime Minister

Scrubs

Little Britain

Red Dwarf

One foot in the Grave

Only fools and horses

Bottom

South Park (especially the newer ones!)

Futurama

Classic Simpsons (before it jumped the shark)

Airpalne 1 and 2

Monty Python (all of it)

Naked Gun all of them

Meh too many to list! (actually most of my DVD collection is made up of comedy lol)