N-Europe

Capcom says Wii is for kids!

Dante

The following comment is from Christian Svensson, Sr. Director of Strategic Planning & Research at Capcom.

"We have more titles coming to Wii than what’s been announced however, I must admit, many of them (outside of RE) are not mature titles despite the fact that’s an area Capcom is known for.

By and large, we don’t see the Wii being home to an sizble mature playerbase outside of some of the early adopters. We see it as being very, very broad with a family focus (especially in Japan). If there is a “core player base” on Wii, within two years, it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3)."

You’ll see more announcements later this year on this front.

Good - Capcom is supporting Wii, Bad - They have already pegged the system as having a kiddy focus.

GoNintendo

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been their marketing focus, a family console. That's not a bad thing - let's just hope that the core gamers still get games to play.

They will...It's just it'll probably only come from Nintendo & 2nd parties again unless developers stop blaming Nintendo for their games failing on their systems.

The problem with developers is that they don't really understand that it's the games that make the console. If Capcaom want it to have a higher age range...then them and other developers need to make games aimed for them.

They will..

The problem with developers is that they don't really understand that it's the games that make the console. If Capcaom want it to have a higher age range...then them and other developers need to make games aimed for them.

Ur absolutely right. Now this is what makes me upset.:nono:

When a system is new its the games that create its reputation. Wii needs a clear balance of top titles that target all groups of gamers so it is truly the console for everyone. Segregating it as a console with this image will ultimately end in disaster. We dont want this to happen again, N64 and GC come to mind. Thats why I appluad developers bringing games like manhunt 2, godfather, scarface, etc to Wii. They are helping to destroy this kiddy image Nintendo are labelled with. Eventually I hope Wii will be given equal treatment by developers.

Manhunt , Godfather , scarface , mortal kombat , Disaster day of crisis , i dont think those are kiddy games? as they said maybe in 2 years we'll see some adult games so the Resident evil game from capcom will also be an kiddy game?

but a lil is true its also fun for kids thats becouse its for everyone not as they prefer it as a kiddy console

Gaming interviews are shit because "journalists" can't actually interview them. I can ask them a bunch of useless questions for the minimum wage.

Fuck you Capcom, just give me those games.

PS. Notice that a Japanese representative of Capcom would never say this.

True. It's the audience Nintendo is aiming for. That doesn't mean however that Capcom has the right to say 'let's only make kid's games for Wii now because they're all kids'. That's untrue.

I'm sure these mature games (Ressie yeah) will sell very well on Wii as well.