N-Europe

Hologram paintings = AMAZING

arab_freak

are you sure it isnt one of those things that changes picture as you move it, like you got free with cereal, except this is a really advanced version, that makes it look as if you can see the it moving very well, if you notice, the image on the final fantasy one, only moves asfast as the camera goes around it.

are you sure it isnt one of those things that changes picture as you move it, like you got free with cereal, except this is a really advanced version, that makes it look as if you can see the it moving very well, if you notice, the image on the final fantasy one, only moves asfast as the camera goes around it.

They were called 3D cards, and they made a funny noise when you scratch them. This is something totally different, you actually FEEL like there's another world inside that piece of "paper", kind of how people first reacted when they first saw the Mona Lisa.

it doesnt matter what it feels like, is it the same technique? I think theyre cool, but nothing breathtaking

"

What is a hologram? A hologram is a three-dimensional scene with an incredible illusion of depth and motion that is unlike anything you've seen before. These holograms can be appreciated without glasses or a special viewing device. XYZ Imaging has created a new breed of large format, color static (non-rainbow) reflective holograms that astound viewers, gathers crowds and becomes the hot topic of conversation wherever they are displayed."

So im guessing it is the same method as those 3d cards.

The only thing I can see that is different about these holograms is the colour static thing, the moving images thing has been something that could be done with foil holograms for years.

I Remember when I was knee high (20ish years ago), going to an exhibition of holograms whilst on holiday in Gt Yarmouth and they had something similar.

The one I remember in particular was a Microscope that if you levelled your eye 'over' the eyepiece you could look down it and see the image of a microchips guts through it.