Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Series

Oxigen_Waste

As much as you might deny it... there're bound to be at least one or two series you love. Wich do you think are the best live action series around? (Present and past... anime and animated series not included)?

Mine are:

The ones I LOVE:

- Six Feet Under (the best show ever made, if you ask my opinion);

- Twin Peaks.

The ones I like:

- Scrubs;

- Seinfeld:

- Freaks And Geeks;

On a side note... I hate Star Trek, Stargate and everything "star-related". Can't quite explain why, since I like Star Wars. I also hate John Doe, X-Files, CSI and LOST.

Plus... I'm really curious about Arrested Development. I saw the first 10 episodes and loved it... gotta see the rest. And Ally McBeal was alright when it started, but after the second season it turned to junk.

Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Strangers With Candy, Mr Show, Twin Peaks, Trailer Park Boys, Monty Python, The Micallef Programme, Spaced, Peep Show, The Slammer, Phoenix Nights, The Secret Life Of Us, The Armando Ianucci Shows, Funland, League Of Gentlemen (particularly series 3), Alias, The Day Today, Brasseye, Nathan Barley, This Life.

Probably more but can't remember them all at the moment. I thought Sugar Rush was alright and Shameless and Skins are fairly decent. But I don't love them, so they be exempt from my list.

X-Files is brilliant.

24 is also brilliant.

Lost is great.

Bottom is hilarious.

Only Fools and Horses is great.

Scrubs is also great.

The OC is enjoyable.

Friends will always be one to mention.

I like a lot of shows, but the only one I could truly say I love is the X-Files because I followed it for so many years. Sure, wasn't always brilliant, but there are some great episodes and ideas that cancel out the crappy ones.

I only really like Smallville and Heroes right now. But if I had a way of watching 24 I think I would really like that too. The same for some others actually, I love Scrubs for example but never have time to watch it. Since you said no anime I can't list the three series I watch the most regularly....

Lost, however, really bores me.

Wow I like quite a few, in random order they are Twin Peaks, X-Files, Angel, Ally Mcbeal, Nip Tuck, Desperate Housewives, Heroes, Prison Break, Friends, Lost (which I am quickly growing bored of) Medium, The Sopranos.

I've also started watching In Case of Emergency and Dirt which are pretty good. Also does anyone watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, this is fast becoming a fav show of mine.

Alias - Amazing!

Lost - great, but ain't seen any season 3 yet!

24 - season 2 is the best season of anything I have ever seen!

Monk - a gulity pleasure

Various British comedies - Only Fools, Father Ted, Fawlty Towers etc

I also want to try and get into Prison Break, once the DVDs are avaivable for a low price.

Christ, here we go.

Scrubs, The Simpsons (season 3-9 mainly), Futurama, Star Trek, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Enterprise, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Buffy, Angel, 24, Dragonball (The original ONLY), Azumanga, Evangelion, Seinfeld, Father Ted, Are You Being Served (I admit it :( ), Only Fools and Horses, Have I Got News For You, QI, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Fast Show, Harry Enfield, Look Around You, South Park, Lost, Medium and no doubt many, many more i've forgotten are all shows I adore.

On DVD:

The Fast Show, Bottom, The Young Ones, Family Guy, The Mighty Boosh, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge, The Royle Family, Early Doors, Dirty Sanchez, Peter Kay's programmes, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

On Telly:

QI, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, They Think Its All Over, Viva La Bam, Top Gear, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Only Fools And Horses, Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, Friends, Scrubs.

Other:

Arrested Development, I've seen it on telly a few times and it looks good.

Guest Stefkov

The Mighty Boosh

Scrubs

House

CSI, all of them, however Miami > Vegas > NY

The OC

Greys Anatomy

QI

South Park

Family Guy

Fullmetal Alchemist

many many more.