N-Europe

Stars Burning out?

Retro_Link

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6721/1/Stars_To_Wii_Points,_Stars_Expiring?

Nintendo Wii News | Stars To Wii Points, Stars Expiring?

By Mike Mason (Mason)

31.01.2007 09:14

In one of those superb chains of rumours that goes around the Internet, DS-X2 are reporting that ConsoleWars.de are reporting that German magazine N-Zone have come across the conversion rates for Nintendo Europe Stars Points to Wii Points, supposedly weighing in at 4 stars to a single Wii Point.

DS-X2 have been number crunching and have concluded that since Nintendo occasionally put GBA/DS games on the catalogue for around 4500 stars and these games are sold for an average of 45 euros in game stores, 100 stars are equal to somewhere in the region of a euro. If the conversion rate of 4:1 is true, then this means that the same amount of stars would purchase 1125 Wii Points - meaning the equivalent of 45 euros would buy just over 1000 Wii Points, an amount of money that would buy four times the points by purchasing two in-store 2000 point cards (around 20 euros a-piece).

As if this wasn't enough, Nintendo Europe have changed their policy about stars, stating that they will lose their validity 12 months after being registered if they are not used - presumably this is because of the stars to Wii Points system. If you don't redeem your existing stars by the end of 2007, they'll be floating off into the night sky.

Nintendo have yet to comment on any of this, but we're still holding out some hope that the conversion rate will be a bit kinder on our star points so that we can continue to fill our computers with wallpapers that we could never possibly get from elsewhere on the Internet for free.

Spend those Stars before it's too late!

Well it should happen soon, because the first word we got about the Stars into Wii Points transaction, was in the press statement about Q1 Virtual Console releases. So I'm hoping for something next month.

yeah true, so we should see it by end of march at the latest I guess unless they retract on this, wouldn't surprise me.

Guest Stefkov

What a load of balls. I dont like that at all. I've ever only bought crap off the stars cataloue, if they dont put something worth the money then I dont think I'll be spending any. I will leave my 10,000+ alone.

I'll reverse it. 20 euros = 2000 wii points right? So 20 euros = 8000 star points. So really, a DS game bought by 4500 star points is only 11 euros. Comparing 45 euros to 4500 wii points is unfair.

That doesn't work because the games don't cost 11 euros face it Nintendo are just been bitches if that is the conversion rate.

That doesn't work because the games don't cost 11 euros face it Nintendo are just been bitches if that is the conversion rate.

The games don't cost us 11 Euros.

even if the games are 20 euros p&p, that makes the conversion more acceptable.

and to whoever said about spending £250 and not being given a freebie nes game, so called "freebies" don't exist, would you rather pay £255 and get a "freebie" with it??