Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Overrated and underrated Nintendo classics

How can you say that about poor ToS :eek:

That game is amazing,if anything I say it's underrated.So much to do and i've never gotten bored it.By far my favorite RPG.

I'm telling The Bards sister this so you can get your punishment :heh:

Outraged,i'm playing Tales to calm myself down now.

Games I would say that are underrated are :- The Starfox games and Tales,I thought they were great.And also I think MM was underrated.

Games I think that are overrated is :- Can't think of anything that's overrated just now.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say that about poor ToS :eek:

That game is amazing,if anything I say it's underrated.So much to do and i've never gotten bored it.By far my favorite RPG.

I'm telling The Bards sister this so you can get your punishment :heh:

I guess you've never played any of the PS1 final fantasys that put ToS to shame? Not saying it's a bad game I was saying it was good, not the best RPG ever though.

Bard's sister? I look forward to it;)

I think Starfox Adventures is underrated. Fair enough it strayed too far from the traditional games, but if you look at it as a totally new game, I think it is really really good. It was the first game I got with my cube exactly 4 years ago today (my birthday) so it's always been a special game. :D

I think Starfox Adventures is underrated. Fair enough it strayed too far from the traditional games, but if you look at it as a totally new game, I think it is really really good. It was the first game I got with my cube exactly 4 years ago today (my birthday) so it's always been a special game. :D

I didn't think it was totally new, it was more of a zelda clone if you ask me.

I didn't think it was totally new, it was more of a zelda clone if you ask me.

It was very zelda like. What's wrong with that?

It had amazing graphics, great gameplay. The only thing i didn't like about it compared to zelda was the lack of side quests.

A bad zelda clone.

Innovative? What did Starfox Adventures actually innovate? I guess it was innovative in creating a zelda clone, with lame puzzles, dumb combat, horrible dungeons and a very linear structure. What really annoyed me was how they threw in the classic on-rails Arwing bits as an afterthought. Graphics were very nice, however it just goes to show where the priorities were in making this game.

• 1 month later...

Over rated: Banjo Kazooie games, Tales of Symnphonia, Meteos, online gaming with complete strangers, Grand Theft Auto, Halo.....

Underrated: Festers Quest, Zoo Keeper, Touch Golf, Bermuda Triangle, TMNT on Virtual Console :), Sonic (wii), Prince of Persia, Another World, Excite Bike 64, Ninja Cop (GBA), Ware Race Blue Strom, Blast Corps, Jungle Beat, Chuckie Egg, Treasure Island,

Overrated: Tales of Symphonia (Would have been ignored on the PS2/Dreamcast, I think it only found a market on the GC because it was so RPG starved), Twilight Princess (Probarbly the worst Zelda game made by Nintendo except the first two. Not that it isn't a fantastic game), Starfox Adventures (Very, very dull game in every respect), Mario Sunshine (lmao) and Beyond Good & Evil (Starfox Adventures with a good plot).

Underrated: Online gaming (At least by Nintendo), Rayman 2 (Best platformer on the 64), Killer 7 (If you aren't talking about it day and night, you just aren't appreciating it enough).

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the N64!! One of my all time favourite games and criminally underrated!!

Anyone played Goemon: Mystical Ninja on the DS? I just got it the other day. It was only released in Japan, therefore completely in Japanese. It is easily the best looking game on the DS bar none!!!

Overrated: Eternal Darkness. Everyone keeps orgasming over this game, but I thought it was boring as hell. I do admit the Sanity Effects were cool though.

Underrated: Rayman 2. This is the best platformer ever, way better than Super Mario 64 or any other platformer.

• 5 weeks later...

Overrated:

Metroid series. I've only played the original and the first Prime, neither of which I enjoyed. I really, really tried, but just couldn't.

Wind Waker. Shortest, easiest Zelda with the biggest time sink in the series's history. The disappointment I had from this game led me to not have purchased another game for two years, till Katamari Damacy.

Donkey Kong 64. Just didn't like it.

Underrated:

Link to the Past. It seems to have been forgotten after OoT for some reason.

Luigi's Mansion. I thought it was fun :(

Overrated: Super Mario World.

For the love of god Get a taste in games.How the hell is the best 2d platformer ever overated?

Underrated ; DKC2/DKC3.

Everyone should think theyre the best games evvaaaarrr! If not then its underrated. *Winks*

especially dk2 even though dk3 had the nost beautiful graphics on the snes

Overrated: Pokemon

Sure it's a fun and addictive game but the fact that millions of people never get tired of buying the same game again and again annoys me when there's far better games out there that shouldn't be failures when this game does nothing new but still sells by the fuckload.

Underrated: Battalion Wars

The original was a great success in nearly replicating the awesomeness of the hand-held games, Thank God they're making a sequel that can finish the job the original began.

Overrated: Pokemon

Sure it's a fun and addictive game but the fact that millions of people never get tired of buying the same game again and again annoys me when there's far better games out there that shouldn't be failures when this game does nothing new but still sells by the fuckload.

Underrated: Battalion Wars

The original was a great success in nearly replicating the awesomeness of the hand-held games, Thank God they're making a sequel that can finish the job the original began.

Battalion Wars was ok it wasn't the best game, they should of kept it in the same tactic formula like famicom wars/super famicom wars/ advance wars games instead they make it a 3rd person action adventure stratery-esque game. Just hope the sequel is the last of the series. Then give us Master Wars

Battalion Wars was ok it wasn't the best game, they should of kept it in the same tactic formula like famicom wars/super famicom wars/ advance wars games instead they make it a 3rd person action adventure stratery-esque game. Just hope the sequel is the last of the series. Then give us Master Wars

Just because you prefer the way the Avance games play out doesn't mean the whole series should be canned, the original was great fun for those who didn't think of it as an Advance Wars game.

Batallion Wars became great fun later on in the game and was very challenging at points, the only problem with the game is that it was too short and there was too little content, with Online Play and probably at lot more missions going to be added to the sequel I think Batallion Wars will be a great success among hardcore Nintendo fans as long as it is released at the right time.

And what the hell is Master Wars?

For the love of god Get a taste in games.How the hell is the best 2d platformer ever overated?

I found it quite boring...like most Mario platformers. I think Sonic, Kirby and Donkey Kong do a better job at 2D platform games.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!