N-Europe

Ghostbusters: The Game!

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does it take for shipping when peeps order from videogamesplus?

When I saw a post on their blog this past Friday saying the game was In Stock, I canceled the pre-order I had elsewhere and placed an order on VGP. They shipped my order on the very same day.

got myself the real ghostbusters dvd today...already watched both films in anticipation for the game, now onto the cartoon!

I watched the Blu-Ray disc of the film, and now I've been watching the recently released Extreme Ghostbusters volume 1 DVD set (Australian edition). Since the listing for this release vanished from UK online stores (maybe it's delayed, it was supposed to be released at the same time as the first volume of The Real Ghostbusters), I decided to import the Australian release from CDWow. It's quite cheap, and as I expected it's coded R4 & R2 (with a wide variety of subtitles, over 13), so it works on European dvd players.

I'm a huge fan of the original animation series, but I never gave the slighest chance to Extreme Ghostbusters (first I saw the "Extreme" in the title, and then I saw a new crew, I pretty much "disowned" the series even before watching it), until very recently when I watched a couple of episodes online and I actually enjoyed it.

It's not on par with The Real Ghostbusters (especially in terms of scripts; some of the early episodes of the "old" series were absolutely memorable, especially those written by J. Michael Straczynski, the creator of Babylon 5), but as I'm watching the DVDs I must say I'm enjoying the characters and the different take on the series, for me the series doesn't "shame" the Ghostbusters brand at all. I'm certain it helped me to enjoy the series the fact that Egon is voiced by the same voice actor as in the "old" series, it brings a certain familiarity to the show, a nice bridge between the old and the new.

So, here I am, watching something Ghostbusters-related I haven't watched before. :yay:

Only ever watched a couple of episodes of Extreme Ghostbusters and hated it...Really didn't like it and have pretty much erased it from my memory...Just felt like it didn't do either the film or the original cartoon justice...

Am loving watching the cartoons again they are awesome!

Oh.....wow. Didn't know that.

Losers. ;)

Its lucky it is region-free otherwise us 360 owners are in for a long wait (until October 31st). I feel sorry for Wii owners looking to get this as the US Version is region locked for the Wii, so they have to wait until October 31st.

Its out now in America (16th June), so me thinks us 360 owners will get it some point either next week or early week after.

By the sounds of things the PS3 version is a technical shambles, so if you have both machines you might be better off importing the 360 version anyway.

Not a technical shambles just apparently doesn't run at full 720p which seems odd...especially considering the PS3 was the lead platform.

I should clarify that I'm not saying the PS3 version is worthless by any stretch of the imagination — it'll still play the same on either machine — but if you own both consoles then the 360 version is clearly the one to go for.

Anyone know what the best site to import would be?

I ordered from Play-Asia. As i am a novice of importing (ok, i did import a whole DVD series in a few years back). This is the first game i've imported as such.

They seem good so far.

For all us North East 360 owners apparently Grainger Games are selling the US version in their stores. Its a shame I didn't know this earlier, I could have just popped down to the Metro Centre and got my copy there :(

That's where I got mine from. The Newcastle store didn't have any though.

For all us North East 360 owners apparently Grainger Games are selling the US version in their stores. Its a shame I didn't know this earlier, I could have just popped down to the Metro Centre and got my copy there :(

I thought this. It will be cheaper doing it yourself though. They will be the only chain shop with the 360 version. If I was GG I would slap £48+ on that bad boy.

I thought this. It will be cheaper doing it yourself though. They will be the only chain shop with the 360 version. If I was GG I would slap £48+ on that bad boy.

It was £40 at GG which is cheaper than VGP after you add the P+P, plus no waiting for delivery :P

My friend managed to get a copy of this early, I played it and thought it was pretty good. Was wrong about what I said earlier, it is a great game in it's own right. Brought back memories for me and the gameplay doesn't look like it'll get boring because there were lots of different monsters.

Even for this though, if I owned a 360 owner I wouldn't pay £40 for it.