NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Ghostbusters: The Game!

Haha this would be cool. Does look a tad like gears of war on that video though.

Shittin crikey.....

What a sweet game idea....Wishful thinking on any platform although could be great with the wiimote.

That's really awesome :D a genuine game or not, it would be fun if it became playable by some means.

Looks like it is legit, from IGN...

UK, January 16, 2007 - Yesterday, our Aussie-bound IGN colleagues feverishly reported on several mysterious, leaked videos showing an Xbox 360 game based on the Ghostbusters franchise. Today however, we've gone one step further and contacted developer ZootFly to see exactly what the hell is going on.

Excitingly, we can confirm that yes(!) ZootFly has been working on a Ghostbusters game and the videos that appeared on YouTube are indeed 100% legitimate. However, the bad news is that the game is currently on hold.

Bostjan Troha, CEO of ZootFly, told IGN UK: "We are very glad to see the overwhelming response to the Ghostbusters prototype movies. What you've seen is indeed in-game footage of early prototypes on the Xbox 360, running on ZootFly's proprietary engine. Due to licensing issues, further development of the Ghostbusters game hit a bump on the road. But everybody here at ZootFly is working actively on resolving the challenges with the owners of the Ghostbusters IP.

"Not to lose the momentum, a part the ZootFly team is currently working on an original game called TimeO, which is closely related to Ghostbusters. The game follows the adventures of two die-hard New Yorkers. They get trapped deep in the shadow world of a parallel New York. The city itself is a war machine threatening to wipe out our world and they have three days to stop it. As soon as the Ghostbusters IP issue is resolved, the whole team will go back to Ghostbusters."

Fingers crossed that ZootFly manages to surmount those licensing obstacles so it can continue making our 80s movie dreams come true.

splooged lol

aye i love good ol' ghostbusters..the new ones were crap

just hope they have ghosttraps and ghost rays o whatever there called and NO bullets no guns that isnt ghostbusters then :(.

o and slimer better be in it and marshmellow man!!

the thing is sony owns the rights to the ghostbuster franchise, i they brought the studio TriStar, so i doubt it will be on the xbox360 maybe PS3?

Jesus! I watched the first film last night, planned to watch the second tonight. Ain't that a coinky-dink. :hehe:

Parallel New York world. Looks very dark-ish.

Ghostbusters in Hell (the third reported film) looks even more like a certainty now.

the thing is sony owns the rights to the ghostbuster franchise, i they brought the studio TriStar, so i doubt it will be on the xbox360 maybe PS3?

Actually, Columbia Pictures produced the brilliant movie Ghostbusters and its also-brilliant sequel, but like TriStar, they are indeed owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment.

However, all is not lost. Columbia Pictures produced the Spiderman films and the games made all major platforms, including Xbox, GameCube and Nintendo DS. Zathura made it to PS2 and Xbox, and Open Season made the Wii launch! See a pattern yet?

Although they own the film rights, Sony Pictures Entertainment are obliged to license them to game developers even if they intend to publish the games on formats other than Sony consoles, the exception being if Sony Computer Entertainment own the sole game license.

This isn't going to happen. Seriously, to say that I'm pissed off would be an understatement. I wanted to see how this would turn out.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbusters/sony-busts-ghostbuster-balls-231733.php

That Ghostbusters "game" Zootfly were working on? Yeah, probably not going to happen. Seems Zootfly neglected to secure the GB licence from Sony before starting...whatever it was they'd started, and now that the "game's" development/concept has been made public, Sony are none too pleased.

If you try and track down the concept vids on YouTube, you get this:

This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Sony Pictures Entertainment because its content was used without permission

This isn't going to happen. Seriously, to say that I'm pissed off would be an understatement. I wanted to see how this would turn out.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbusters/sony-busts-ghostbuster-balls-231733.php

That Ghostbusters "game" Zootfly were working on? Yeah, probably not going to happen. Seems Zootfly neglected to secure the GB licence from Sony before starting...whatever it was they'd started, and now that the "game's" development/concept has been made public, Sony are none too pleased.

If you try and track down the concept vids on YouTube, you get this:

This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Sony Pictures Entertainment because its content was used without permission

Trust Sony to ruin things.

They have removed the videos, but if you do a search for Zootfly and ghostbusters you will find footage of a game called Time0.....Check out the landscapes and they are still set in the same New York with a few character changes.

Interestingly, note that Zootfly have left in "Ghostbusters" as part of the search keywords...I dont think they have quite given up yet.

They have removed the videos, but if you do a search for Zootfly and ghostbusters you will find footage of a game called Time0.....Check out the landscapes and they are still set in the same New York with a few character changes.

Interestingly, note that Zootfly have left in "Ghostbusters" as part of the search keywords...I dont think they have quite given up yet.

They are still in negotiations with Sony over this.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156234

What's the betting Sony try to get them to switch development to the PS3 if they want to use the licence?

They are still in negotiations with Sony over this.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156234

What's the betting Sony try to get them to switch development to the PS3 if they want to use the licence?

Its a big possibility and would be foolish for them not to try...It would be a shame to see it as Sony exclusive (Only in the fact I have no intention of owning a PS3).

On the other hand, it is an open chance for Sony to rake cash from a more 'established' console.

I suppose the question is: would the game have minority or majority appeal ?

Most comments I have seen, including my own, have been from fans of the film and not the general gaming hardcore.

Its a big possibility and would be foolish for them not to try...It would be a shame to see it as Sony exclusive (Only in the fact I have no intention of owning a PS3).

On the other hand, it is an open chance for Sony to rake cash from a more 'established' console.

I suppose the question is: would the game have minority or majority appeal ?

Most comments I have seen, including my own, have been from fans of the film and not the general gaming hardcore.

As a massive fan of the ghostbusters films, Sony, I am on my knees here. If this game, or any other ghostbuster game ever got released on the Wii, I think I would piss myself in delight.

As a massive fan of the ghostbusters films, Sony, I am on my knees here. If this game, or any other ghostbuster game ever got released on the Wii, I think I would piss myself in delight.

LOL.....I could'nt have put it better myself :hehe:

I have been waiting for some quality Ghostbusters gaming goodness since the Spectrum/C64 versions of the game. This is the first attempt I have seen that has actually impressed me.

The thought of controlling a proton pack with a wii-mote has to be a concept and a half though

:eek:icon14.gif.

LOL.....I could'nt have put it better myself :hehe:

I have been waiting for some quality Ghostbusters gaming goodness since the Spectrum/C64 versions of the game. This is the first attempt I have seen that has actually impressed me.

The thought of controlling a proton pack with a wii-mote has to be a concept and a half though :eek:icon14.gif.

I had the Ghostbusters game on the master system, and I loved it. :)

Wiimote controlled Proton Packs would be excellent. It NEEDS to be done.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/761/761229p1.html

Ghostbusters Game Back On?

Dan Akroyd believes he will be busting ghosts in 2008.

During an interview with The Edmonton Sun, a Canadian tabloid, former Ghostbuster Dan Akroyd gave hope to millions of Bust-nuts. "Universal purchased the rights from Sony for a [Ghostbuster] game," Akroyd told the Sun. "I'm actually going to have to perform and do some motion capture for them. That will be next year."

This comes just a few weeks after a video was posted on YouTube showing off an Xbox 360 demo of a proposed Ghostbuster game. ZootFly, the European developer responsible for the footage, confirmed that due to some licensing issues the game was on hold.

Actors are often far out of the loop when it comes to game development. It's possible that Akroyd was contracted to take part in the game, but was not yet aware it had been put on hold. It could also mean that the rights to a Ghostbuster game has been delivered to a different developer and is to be published by Universal's games division, Vivendi.

Vivendi could not be reached for comment at the time of this posting.

Here's hoping!!

Dan Akroyd never lies.

And anyway, Bill Murray has announced he will be the voice in Ghostbusters 3 so it will be a film tie in!