NEurope
McPhee

HDTV Thread

I saw that. Other than having Freeview and twin HDMI, whats worth me spending another £100?

I thought the LG was costing you £400? I was suggesting it as alternative to that and the £414 Sharp.

The deal i posted has the Tosh down as £438.24 after discount codes, the set is easily worth the extra over the LG and the Sharp. Read a few reviews of it :) Toshiba 32C3030D

Well if it helps i was looking at the AOC a few months back. I then saw it at a computer fair and felt that it looked and felt cheap (build quality wise). I can't comment on picture quality though, it wasn't switched on

All i can say is that it put me off, it was £400 at the time though

Hmm well I know a few forumers have it (Shorty, REZ and Moria if memory serves me correct) and they like it. Urgh. I hate this decision making melarky.

Anyone recommend me a 20-32" LCD HDTV for 360ing and watching general TV? Freeview would be nice, HDMI inputs a must. My budget would be around £400, £450 max. Thanks in advance guys!!!

I know exactly how Ash feels. I have been after a HDTV for ages for my 360, looking for 32-37inch widescreen, but I just dont have the balls to go through with it as there are so many on the market and I dont want to end up with a £600-£800 piece of junk as when it comes to technology I really know sod all.

That's why i say go for a Samsung when people ask, they got 5 stars in What Hi-Fi magazine. At the end of the day, i know tons of people with them and i've never heard a bad comment.

I'm so anoyed with the Samsung Rear Projection I have at the mo, I had my mate bring his 360 a few weeks back, thought we'll see how it looks on it as it says on the top of the screen that it does 1080i an all. I got it all hooked up and swicthed the thing on for HDTV....nothing bluescreen...it onlt works on 480p...

Samsung SP42Q2 = FTL

i know that a plasma doesn't exist under 37 inch but it still beats the LCD! I own one of the best (prise quality) Plasmas out there!

MP3_preview5.jpg

it came out as best TV of 2006/2007 for gaming! tested by 40 experienced gamers! it is the Hitachi 42PD9700 ! I had a great offer and was lucky to get this screen for 1200,- euro. It runs 1080i 720p

you will love playing the 360 on it PGR3 looks stunning on it even fast moving action stays razor sharp!!! the colors are awesome. and the sound is good. but it is always better to hook the sound up to a Dolby Surround System. (I own the denon avr 1706 is a very good beginners set!) specially when you own several gaming systems you will love this option to!

AVR1706_big.jpg

LCD still have gosting and only the 2000,- + models don't have it any more. that is why the Plasma screens are more fit for gaming! if you don't beleave me than come and visit our Expert Event and see it for your self! the Hitachi has 2 component slots i beleave but i only use one because i prefer a switchboard that makes it more easy to switch between consoles etc etc

Hama%20760%20YUV_1.jpg

2.jpg

ps hitachi has a "no burn" in garenty.

Thats pretty awesome, I would definitely get one if I won the lotto.

I'm looking to buy a full HDtv (I'm want to be super future proof lol :P) I really want the Sony Bravia 40" KDL-40W2000. I'm just looking at HDtv's right now but I'll be buying one when I move house and get my own room which would be in about 4 to 6 months time. So yeah, heres hoping the Sony Bravia 40" KDL-40W2000 (currently estimated at £1,490.01 Incl Vat) will drop about £500 by the time I am ready to buy it.

Saying that though, has anyone got any comments about it? http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=KDL-40W2000&site=odw_en_GB

Or any alternative tv which are just as good?

Edit: This one seems very, very tempting to buy right now lol :P

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3342809/Samsung-37-LE37R87BDX-XEU-HD-Ready-Freeview-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html

Right. Thinking of either Samsung LE32R87BD or the Sony Bravia KDL32U2000.

Few quids difference between them from what I've found (not Amazon, but Amazon is the cleanest looking site).

I know what Caris is going to say. But everyone and anyone else? I am swaying toward the Sony because its Sony and they have a better rep for making TVs, plus I like the colour. But then Samsungs are better for gaming.

Actually, i am gonna say the Samsung as you guessed haha but...

I dunno if you knew but i had a Sony 26" before the Samsung (i swapped with my dad) and i'm not just saying this but the Samsung had a far better picture. I agree the Sony feels better built, but i've never heard of a Samsung break down so...

Anyways just thought id share that :D

Ashley, if it was me then I would go for the Samsung, even though I would feel more confident with a sony branded tv, the samsung does sound a lot better.

I know exactly how Ash feels. I have been after a HDTV for ages for my 360, looking for 32-37inch widescreen, but I just dont have the balls to go through with it as there are so many on the market and I dont want to end up with a £600-£800 piece of junk as when it comes to technology I really know sod all.

Don't do what I did and pay over 100 fucking pounds too much for one. LOL.

Shop around. Samsung are quality though. If it wasn't for the price I paid, I'd totally love my Samsung 23" R7

Are Hitachi's any good?

What seems to be THE best company to buy from?

Hitachi <-- make there own screens

Panasonic

Samsung

Sony

Philips <-- make there own screens

Philips, sony and even samsung often have problems with the next gen consoles! we had several problems with them! especially the cheaper models!!

I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic TX-32LXD700

What does everyone think?

Very nice set, a little expensive for the bedroom though!

If you're looking at the best 32" LCDs around now then try the Sharp LC-32RD2E or Sony 32D3000. The RD2E is probably the best bargain around at the moment but it has no component input.

Or wait a month or 2, new sets are on they're way in September/October

Right. Thinking of either Samsung LE32R87BD or the Sony Bravia KDL32U2000.

Few quids difference between them from what I've found (not Amazon, but Amazon is the cleanest looking site).

I know what Caris is going to say. But everyone and anyone else? I am swaying toward the Sony because its Sony and they have a better rep for making TVs, plus I like the colour. But then Samsungs are better for gaming.

The Samsung. Sony U series sets are pants...

In fact, heres a list of sets to look out for (should help everyone):

Sub-£500:

1. Samsung R86/87/88

2. Toshiba 32C3030D

£500-£700

1. Sharp RD2E

2. Panasonic LXD70

3. Toshiba WLT68

4. Panasonic LMD70

£700+

32" Sony D3000

32" Panasonic LXD700

This is pretty much the ordering of things (based on 32" versions), with 1 being the best. All of them are very good sets though.

I've not put any Philips up there because they just released new sets and i don't know enough about them to rank them (i've been slacking off and reading about PCs instead :indeed:)

Right. Ended up going for SAMSUNG LE32R87BDX which I got for £461. Should be here tomorrow.

If its crap you're banned Caris :p