NEurope
McPhee

HDTV Thread

I can't really find anything on the Panasonics, and that Sony seems pretty rubbish hardware and looks wise.

And I've just read abd stuff about the Thomson.

Do you know anything about the Panasonic Viera TH-37PX70?!

And what is an HDMI port anyway? :heh:

Probably because that Panny is an old european model (i think). The PX70 is the new one

And what is an HDMI port anyway? :heh:

HDMI isn't realy so mush diferand from component you will hardly see the diferance. the biggest diferance is the TV and the device its hooked to inter act with each other to get maximum performance (this can also trigger malfunctions on your TV like it did on my samsung)

HDMI isn't realy so mush diferand from component you will hardly see the diferance. the biggest diferance is the TV and the device its hooked to inter act with each other to get maximum performance (this can also trigger malfunctions on your TV like it did on my samsung)

I hate it when people say this.

I have used Component on my 360, PS3 and Virgin+ Box and HDMI is loads better on all of them.

It's down to the device there though Caris, the only actual bonus of HDMI is one less Digital-Analogue-Digital conversion. This equates to a drop in noise but nothing more.

HDMI also has the bonus of being able to talk to the display device, the PS3/360/Whatever can tell the TV to use certain settings to optimise the display. Basically you're set is probably configured a lot better when you use HDMI vs Component

I hate it when people say this.

I have used Component on my 360, PS3 and Virgin+ Box and HDMI is loads better on all of them.

it only works when your TV suports the 360 and ps3 output. like i said the TV and the consoles share data to get the best screen projection. but this doesnt meen that there will be a big diferance. we used it on several screens at our event and only 1 out of 10 projected a mush better screen 7 out of 10 were hardly changed and we had up to now 3 screens (out of the 100+ that we tested)who had problems with it 2x samsung 1x philips the screens were shown to philips and samsung and all sceens have been updated now. (if you have problems still with these screens ask your local dealer for an update for your TV. most of the time they drop by with a laptop and plug it in the tv and update it in that way. sometimes you can download it your self put it on a SD cart or USB stick and update your self)

hey we may need a new TV in our living room so i want a semi decent one. obviously a HD one that will work well with my 360.

theres 5 that i have seen if you could tell us which one is better and why i would deeply appreciate it as i have no knowledge on this subject!

also if you can recommend another set i have not mentioned in a similar price range then could you let us know :D

this is the one that is currently my first choice:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL32S2510U-Widescreen-Bravia-Freeview/dp/B000MD2WAQ/ref=pd_sbs_ce_1/202-9455496-5314222?ie=UTF8&qid=1188903975&sr=8-2

Here are others i have seen:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32R87BD-Widescreen-Ready-LCD/dp/B000O14EWA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/202-9455496-5314222?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1188903975&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Bravia-KDL32U2000-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B000HBNI6K/ref=pd_sbs_ce_1/202-9455496-5314222?ie=UTF8&qid=1188903975&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-32C3030-Widescreen-Ready-Freeview/dp/B000NK905I/ref=pd_sbs_ce_3/202-9455496-5314222?ie=UTF8&qid=1188903975&sr=8-2

Both the Sonys are shite. The first is they're dirt cheap budget model and the other is the one above that. Both are out of date.

The Samsung and Toshiba are fairly on-par. Amazon aren't a good place to buy TVs though

out of interest why are amazon no good, and where would you recommend?

btw if i was going to get that samsung one how good is it i.e. one of the worst out there or say in the middle

It's the best in it's price range, although some people prefer the Toshiba (more natural looking pictures + motion).

Try EmpireDirect.co.uk Join they're club (£20/year) and get 3 years warranty for free!

Theres loads of good companies selling TVs, Amazon are just meh. Neither the cheapest or offering a warranty

cheers for your help mate didn't realise that amazon didn't have a warranty.

these are the two i am now thinking about:

http://empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~SAM-LE32R87BDX.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5292497/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500006565.Sound%2Band%2Bvision%3EC%24PROMOTION%3D1.On%2BSpecial%2BOffer%3EC%24cip%3D1500006586.Televisions.htm

if ya could tell us which one is better an why then be appreciated. also to double check both will connect find with my 360 via the HD cable that comes with premium system

I should have said an extended warranty. They aren't worth as much money as most shops will charge, but if you can get one for less than 10% of the items cost then it's usually worth the extra.

The one in the first link is a lot better. The Argos one is Samsung's bargain basement TV from last year :)

It's the best in it's price range, although some people prefer the Toshiba (more natural looking pictures + motion).

Try EmpireDirect.co.uk Join they're club (£20/year) and get 3 years warranty for free!

Theres loads of good companies selling TVs, Amazon are just meh. Neither the cheapest or offering a warranty

Better yet, find the TV on Empire Direct, go to John Lewis and see if they have it then pricematch them if they do. You'll get the TV for the Empire Direct price, with a 5 year guarantee and without having to sign up for any membership.

I've finally made an executive decision after getting my bank statement for this month to actually buy my damn tv. Samsung LE23R88BDX from Dixons for £350. That sound a good deal?

I've finally made an executive decision after getting my bank statement for this month to actually buy my damn tv. Samsung LE23R88BDX from Dixons for £350. That sound a good deal?

Bad deal, for about 100 more you could get a 32 inch, or another TV that size for cheaper.

Well, thats the same one as Sheikah told me not to get, but without built in freeview.

:indeed:

So much for my executive decision.

Both the Sonys are shite. The first is they're dirt cheap budget model and the other is the one above that. Both are out of date.

The Samsung and Toshiba are fairly on-par. Amazon aren't a good place to buy TVs though

Nout wrong with that Sony. I had the 26" in it for a while. To be honest i can't tell the diffrence between that and my Samsung when i compared.

im guessin you mean the black 'S' model? tis a good set but it's out-spec'd by this years models and carries a hefty price tag. By shite i really meant shite value. For the price of it you can get a 100Hz set from Panasonic, Toshiba or Sharp

I bought the AOC one mentioned on here awhile back. Have to say I'm blown away by the amount of features this TV has. And for less than £300. It's a great buy. I know some of you didn't like the outer casing but it's a fabulous TV that actually looks great.

I bought the AOC one mentioned on here awhile back. Have to say I'm blown away by the amount of features this TV has. And for less than £300. It's a great buy. I know some of you didn't like the outer casing but it's a fabulous TV that actually looks great.

Ditto. I got the 27" one and I love it. My only complaint is that when I try to use it as a monitor for my laptop it won't display any higher than 1024*768 for some reason even though my laptop is widescreen. Possibly something to do with the laptop as it will display 1280*768 fine with the Xbox 360...