NEurope
McPhee

HDTV Thread

It's good, but not as good as it's competition. It's basically a stripped down M series to the point where it isn't an M series at all. Think of it as the R87 with 100Hz technology.

At that price i'd look at the Sharp RD2E, Sony KDL-D3000 or Panasonic LXD70. Those are the 3 best 32" sets out there. My money would go on the Sharp, the Panny is great but for £600 it looks like a piece of junk (i've seen better looking Bush sets) and the Sony is a little too expensive (best price around seems to be £610, typical £699)

Cheers McPhee, I will check them out!

Quick question, I have this and the PC input, what is it officially called, is it VGA? It doesnt say, just says PC input. I plugged my cable in directly from my monitor at home and that worked, but tried my housemates and it was too big. The one that does work was smaller, and coloured blue (I dunno if the colour-coding system is standard across all makes).

Thanks guys.

I'm looking at getting an HDTV for my 360. I don't want to spend very much, with £350 being about the maximum (I can go over it, but I'd rather keep my money for games). I saw this TV earlier in the thread and so am considering that one, but does anybody know of what's the best option?

anyone know a good site where i can get a 37" or 40" hdtv (preferablly sony/samsung or any other good makes)

getting hdtv for xmas yey (paying half)

£900 is a lot for a 37" set, especially if you're not sure if you want 1080p or not. Most 1080p 37" sets fall short of the £800 mark (that one you posted above is £700 at Empire Direct).

You basically have 3 choices; go lower than £900, buy a premium brand 37" (like the new 1080p Panasonic) or go for a bigger set. Let me know which you'd prefer and i'll pop up some recommendations

anyone know a good site where i can get a 37" or 40" hdtv (preferablly sony/samsung or any other good makes)

getting hdtv for xmas yey (paying half)

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk

if you want some help with good models etc post up a budget and i'll see what i can find

thanks alot for that site, how good are they

anyway ill probably get the panasonic or the samsung 37". but the real question is whether or not to go 1080p, does any one know how bad a 480p signal looks on a 1080p tv (when using the proper component cabels) ?.

Wii in 480p on my 1080p TV looks quite awful. But I haven't adjusted any display settings really so you could probably make it look better. And if you stand back a ways it looks better as well.

The Xbox 360 over HDMI in 1080p is the most beautiful thing I have seen. (In terms of video.)

I just got this

What is the difference between that and this

All I can see is the more expensive one has one more HDMI and s+ instead of s= and VESA hole spacing and is 100hrz. Does anything even do 100hrz?

I just got this

What is the difference between that and this

All I can see is the more expensive one has one more HDMI and s+ instead of s= and VESA hole spacing and is 100hrz. Does anything even do 100hrz?

They're the same set...

100hz processing is used to reduce motion blur during fast moving scenes.

It appears that with the S3000 cloudy images are less likely on that than the D3000.

If you watch any sport like Football for example especially on SD than the 100hz I think is worth the extra price, I also think with the more expensive models they use slightly better panels too.

Saw this: TV

And then shot myself to find that its out of stock. Although it did seem too good to be true anyway

Looking to get a new TV for Christmas. Just a couple of questions. What's the quality of the picture like when you hook up your PC? Gonns get rid of my old monitor and just use my TV. And is there a VGA adaptor to make it a scart to just plug into your TV and if so, much quality difference from VGA going straight into TV?

Also is there many TVs with PIP? Would be cool to have one.

Thanks in advance.

Looking to get a new TV for Christmas. Just a couple of questions. What's the quality of the picture like when you hook up your PC? Gonns get rid of my old monitor and just use my TV. And is there a VGA adaptor to make it a scart to just plug into your TV and if so, much quality difference from VGA going straight into TV?

Also is there many TVs with PIP? Would be cool to have one.

Thanks in advance.

If you're going to use the TV as a computer monitor I strongly advise you buy one with a VGA or DVI in. But almost if not all HDTVs have one. Just don't use any other analogic signal from your computer to your TV.

Cool thanks. I've narrowed down to two, both have VGA.

TV 1

TV 2

What one should I get? Both have same resolution but TV 1 Has better contrast ratio. I don't know much about TVs so any advice would be good.