NEurope
McPhee

HDTV Thread

Im not 100% on this but i think it just plugs into the console and main, and uses the 360's output.

Ah I see, cool. When you say new 360's annoys me though, as I really don't want to have to go and get that new Zephyr model or whatever. Does the 360 HD-DVD Player count?

From what I remember the 360 HD-DVD drive plugs into a USB port on the back of the 360, so it wont use the HDMI port.

Wow thats an amazing price at play.

I'm seriously considering ordering it in the next few days now, i just need to take out £500 from my building society which will be replaced within 5 months thanks to work. The main reason I suddenly want it so soon is because my TV I use for gaming/DVDs is broken and won't turn on (it has always been a bit dodgy) and now seems the right time to make the jump :awesome:

Should I be worrying about 720/1080p btw? I've never really understood what it means...

And just to clarify, please confirm the best 26 " Samsung

I got my 360 hooked up to my samusing tv, the settings are on 1080i. When I put it on 1080p, it splits the screen and goes funny. 1080i is fine though.

omg ipaul, that is an amazing price. That is the one I have, its blue at the bottom wher the speakers are.

woo woo woo woo woo I ordered it :yay:

Can't believe I have so quickly. Thanks for everything guys :kiss:

I'm thinking about buying a Samsung LE27S71B TV, but I've been unable to find any reviews about it. Does anyone here have this tv, or know anything about it? I'm planning to use it for a Wii and Xbox 360 and later a Playstation 3.

I bought that TV two days ago. PS3 looks fantastic on it via HDMI and X Box, PS2 and GCN look OK, worse than on a CRT TV, though. But that's the case with every LCD TV.

I'm very happy with the TV, especially because I paid it 600 euros and today I saw it in another store, which is supposed to have great prices, and it costs 900 euros. Before I bought it I couldn't find any reviews either, but I'm glad I did end up buying it, it's really an awesome TV.

I bought that TV two days ago. PS3 looks fantastic on it via HDMI and X Box, PS2 and GCN look OK, worse than on a CRT TV, though. But that's the case with every LCD TV.

I'm very happy with the TV, especially because I paid it 600 euros and today I saw it in another store, which is supposed to have great prices, and it costs 900 euros. Before I bought it I couldn't find any reviews either, but I'm glad I did end up buying it, it's really an awesome TV.

Sounds great. Thanks a lot. I also found out that the store where I want to buy it has a 14 day full return policy. So if I don't like it, I can just return it.

How do you connect a PC to a HDTV? I've tried with S-Video and DVI cables, but it says ''No Signal'' with both cables. Do I need to configure something first? Does anyone use their HDTV as a PC monitor and if so, how do they connect the two?

have you configured your graphics card to output by the right output?

By that I mean if you are trying to output to your monitor and your TV you'll have to tell your graphics card that you want to do that. Right Click on the desktop and play with the properties>settings stuff.

Hey guys.

Does anyone know about Samsung HDTVs?

The ones that came out around a year or two ago are now pretty cheap compared to the newest models.

But does anyone know the difference between them? I mean, would it be a better idea to buy the newer models?

I'd say the newer ones are better, they probably have a higher resolution and a lower response time.

However, my Samsung LCD is going on two years old and there is nothing wrong with it.

All I know is that Pioneer HDs are awesome and they only do biig ones...that's as far as my knowledge extends.

I love my Samsung HDTV but the black glossy surround get's dusty as hell quick.

It's the same material as used on the PS3.

The differences between the R7 and R8 are:

1) The R8 has movie and game modes. This improves the picture and how well the TV deals with fast moving images and gaming graphic demands.

2) The R8 has three HDMI (two at the back and one on the side). The R7 only has one.

3) The R8 has touch sensitive buttons (menu, channel, volume, etc) on the TV, and the R7 has push buttons like you'd find on a remote.

4) Unconfirmed but the screens in the R8 are meant to be more consistent, theres a problem with some people getting cheap crappy screens on the R7

There is a difference between the R87 and the R88 as well:

1) The R87 has a its power button on the front/bottom of the TV, just below where it says "Samsung".

2) The R88 has a touch sensitive power button on the side with the other buttons.

3) The R88 has a blue neon glow at the bottom of the TV. This can be set to be on when TV is in standby or when watching.

I think they are the only differences.

Ah thanks, I think the ones I'm looking at are even older models though.

But generally, the differences seem to be mainly touch sensitive buttons and well, mainly appearances...

I have a Samsung CRT HDTV, god don't buy it T_T

I have a Samsung HDTV/PC Monitor 19" Widescreen combo - I love it.

It has a higher resolution and responce time to the 2-year-old £2500 38" Panasonic HDTV we have.

Ah thanks, I think the ones I'm looking at are even older models though.

But generally, the differences seem to be mainly touch sensitive buttons and well, mainly appearances...

What model was it you were looking at? If its older than R7 then you're probably looking at a slight drop in contrast ratio and response time

We have this one here, The-Ironflame is right, they are like black glossyness, and do get dusty and fingerprinted real quickly. But other than that, its a fantastic tv.

I have a Samsung CRT HDTV, god don't buy it T_T

Thought you loved it?