NEurope
McPhee

HDTV Thread

Curses :p

Does it upscale DVDs automatically, or is a DVD upscaller worthwhile? I want to watch programs like Dexter in faux-HD glory.

Theres one at Woolies for £40 which itself may not be too great, but if its not they know and love me in there so I can just return it. But is an upscalling DVD player worthwhile in the first place?

Hmm found it for £55 and its tempting, but I should stop spending money. Especially as my friend pointed out I'll need a TV license for my new place. I get paid on Friday, I'll see what everythings like after that.

Hitachi <-- make there own screens

Panasonic

Samsung

Sony

Philips <-- make there own screens

Philips, sony and even samsung often have problems with the next gen consoles! we had several problems with them! especially the cheaper models!!

What about that Panasonic??...You know if it's good quality or not?...or if Panasonics have problems with consoles?

Very nice set, a little expensive for the bedroom though!

:wtf:

:wtf:

I meant most people would be lucky to have a set that good in the Living Room, never mind they're bedroom! The LXD700 is a redesign of the LXD70, better looks and sound but picture quality is the same.

What about that Panasonic??...You know if it's good quality or not?...or if Panasonics have problems with consoles?

We don't have mush experience with panasonic but what we have seen we defenetly like! But than again those were only the 2000,- + screens

Hmm well my TV came and SD stuff is meh :/ Which I kinda expected but still.... would stuff filmed in HD (but not shown as I just have Cable) be any better?

Cable has a better picture than normal TV/digital.

Cable = Virgin Media? (as thats what I meant anyway)

I meant most people would be lucky to have a set that good in the Living Room, never mind they're bedroom! The LXD700 is a redesign of the LXD70, better looks and sound but picture quality is the same.

I think you're generalising a bit there; you know, to dark parts of the country or something.:heh:

We don't have mush experience with panasonic but what we have seen we defenetly like! But than again those were only the 2000,- + screens

How are LCDs for the Wii, I've heard some bad stuff...

Well it still looks meh, but price you pay I suppose. Ho hum.

I think you're generalising a bit there; you know, to dark parts of the country or something.:heh:

Yeah, to be fair i am. But thats what stopped me from buying a similar TV. I post a lot on AV Forums and most people seem to have this sort of set in the living room and a cheaper one in the bedroom. I began to figure i was going a bit OTT, especailly with a 42" Panasonic Plasma downstairs! I roped my budget in to £600 then decided prices were falling to quick and went off to look for a new PC instead...

Okay.. so.

I'm planning to buy a Samsung LE40M87.

31yw3wSk4eL._AA280_.jpg

I've heard positives, its cheap and its got everything i need. Any thoughts as such?

Nope. It rocks! *waits for an appearance by a certain Hitachi salesman (he must be!)*

my friend got one and once you sort out the settings its a damn good tv :)

and by now most models you can buy should be the latest firmware so should have most of the bugs fixed

Do you work in a TV store or something?

well yes kind of. our HDgaming event is at a TV store and we test several HDTV's there on how they behave on Game consoles (you will be shocked to see that some TV just don't work) we test every TV with a PS3' date=' 360 and Wii.

[img']http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5802/img0869da4.jpg[/img]

How are LCDs for the Wii, I've heard some bad stuff...

Well The Wii Looks crap on most LCD or Plasma TV's as long you use the scart cable. but when you use the component cable you will be fine. In case of the pointer on the TV that moves fast over the screen with most LCD screens you will see ghosting (the pointer gets a trail.) this you will also see in games like excite truck that things become blurry. Plasma just doesn't have ghosting also the colors and screen angle ore no problems with Plasma. The only thing you always need to ask (this is with any TV) Does it run 50hrtz 60hrtz PAL and 60hrtz NTSC (yes there is a deference in both)

At our tests we often see Plasma stand out of the rest although lately LCD is getting better and better (but it still comes at a price tag of 2000,- + My estimation is if you wait 1 or 2 years the prices and quality will overpass that of the Plasma. But that is just an estimation

The Samsung R7 1 or 2 (only the body is deference between 1 and 2) is a very nice screen (19inch) but the bigger ones still has some gosting not mush but in some games with verry dark and verry bright places (like Lost Planet, PGR3 and Gears of War) you will see it. so it all depents on the price they offer you and what you want. it is a better than avaradge screen but not the best.

what is your screen size? we had some ghosting maby you have not seen it up to now but it was not mush like i said "it is a better than avaradge screen"