NEurope
McPhee

HDTV Thread

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3326076/Samsung-26-LE26R71B-HD-Ready-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html

I take it that is the R7 model?

I'm seriously considering getting this at the end of the month when I get paid and partly for my 18th...

I have that TV, 'cept mine is the 74 - which has built in freeview. Really is an awesome TV, great connectivity and great price.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3326076/Samsung-26-LE26R71B-HD-Ready-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html

I'm seriously considering getting this at the end of the month when I get paid and partly for my 18th...

Thats an R71, yes. R7 and R8 are series with various models in them (eg R71, R74, different models but same series). All models in a series are basically the same with slight differences (freeview/no freeview, different colour etc)

I have a Samsung HDTV/PC Monitor 19" Widescreen combo - I love it.
Where did you get that? I recently had a brief look and couldn't find a 19" hdtv/monitor... although it was a very brief look ^^; like... one search on two sites.

Where did you get that? I recently had a brief look and couldn't find a 19" hdtv/monitor... although it was a very brief look ^^; like... one search on two sites.

Argos - It ain't good if you ever want to use a PS3 or Blu-Ray Player on it, though. (Oh, and it's gone up in price, too).

Thought you loved it?

Yes and No.

Compared to a LCD, its fairly... bad. I mean, the colours are no way as good neither is the sharpness.

Argos - It ain't good if you ever want to use a PS3 or Blu-Ray Player on it, though. (Oh, and it's gone up in price, too).
Hmm, that kinda looks like my current samsung LCDTV/monitor, the exact same design, except mine's not HD ready and it's not widescreen. I don't really like that look, it's not as snazzy as the latest ones, and the more modern ones don't seem to come in 19in anymore. Darnit.

I have that TV, 'cept mine is the 74 - which has built in freeview. Really is an awesome TV, great connectivity and great price.

So would you recommend getting that one?

(Bearing in mind I can't get freeview where I live and I won't even be using it to watch TV on when I take it to uni, just the Wii, 360 and DVD player...

So would you recommend getting that one?

(Bearing in mind I can't get freeview where I live and I won't even be using it to watch TV on when I take it to uni, just the Wii, 360 and DVD player...

Definetly. the samsung has a pretty awful analogue signal to be honest, but who buy's that tv with watching terrestrial in mind?

Just spotted a couple of good deals:

Samsung LE32R88BD: Clicky

Toshiba 32C3030D: Clicky

Both cracking prices if you are after a 32"

Im looking at buying in the next month myself, wanted a 26" but there's hardly any difference in price between 26 and 32 and a lot of newer models are only 32"+

Its supposed to be one of the best in it's price bracket. Also worth considering is the Hannspree XV. I was saving up for either the AOC or Hannspree until a couple of months ago.

I was put off by not being able to demo the unit before buying so im now saving that little bit more for a Toshiba or Samsung set.

You can get the 32" version of this or the Hannspree (Hannspree no longer do 26") for around £50 more if you can stretch to that

Loads of info on these sets over at http://www.avforums.com

I have that exact same TV. 26" with the bluw bit under the speakers.

Really good TV. 360 looks great on it. It's got plenty of plugs for equipment. I had my 360, pc, wii, GC and dvd player plugged into it at the same time.

My freeview has stopped working on it which I'm annoyed at.

That's so... cheap! What's the catch o_o all the reviews are extremely positive too...

Oh right, it's sold out :heh:

There are "36 available now". :heh:

Samsung LE32R88BD: Clicky

Yea thats the one i linked awayyyy up there ^

Hard to believe my parents spent over 900 pound on it a year and a half ago! Bargain!

Not the same set then, unless you're parents got it almost a year and a half before it was released. The R87/88 models came out a month or 2 ago

There are "36 available now". :heh:

It's already down to 26! But... I am seriously tempted!

But then I'd need a 360 to make it worthwhile... then we're looking at spending about £600 argwq0.gif

If they still have them on Monday I'm going to order one... Or possibly on Friday, but that would be risky. I should be getting paid around £500, but I owe my mum £250, but it's my 18th on Monday, so I should get quite a bit of money...

Did you make your mind up about that 27" AOC HD Ready LCD TV yet Moria? It looks amazing for that price... I'm trying to figure out the catch. Never seen a 27" HD ready TV for £275. Even my parents are interested. I'm just trying to make sure I haven't missed something....

I'm ordering either tomorrow, if I want to be risky, or else on Monday. I hope the deal is still there on Monday though, I may just have to go tomorrow. The 2 year warranty it comes with is nice too.

I'm ordering either tomorrow, if I want to be risky, or else on Monday. I hope the deal is still there on Monday though, I may just have to go tomorrow. The 2 year warranty it comes with is nice too.

I looked it up on AVForums thinking that the thread would be full of criticism, but from what I skimmed over it seems to fair very well:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455307

Good TV?

I like it. Nice Price. Good Features. Good Size. Is Hyundai a good HDTV company?

What do you guys think of it?

^ seems they're talking about the 32" incarnation there, and the only real drawback mentioned is the single HDMI slot. Now I know little about HD, but would that be a big deal? Could you get some sort of switcher/adapter if you wound up with say, a 360, HD-DVD player and PS3 (theoretically)?

Well I got paid today! :grin:

I need to speak to my mum to see how much I owe her then I'm going to order it if I have enough.

Edit - Shorty, I found this on Avforums.com about the 27" one..

Yep all independant, VGA, component and HDMI.....you can have 3 things connected into them at the same time and also have 2 scart as well.

I'm going to connect the 360 up via VGA and the Wii by component, in theory I could put a PS3 in the HDMI port if I had one.

Just ordered one! Paid £3 extra for next day delivery, should be here tomorrow sometime.