N-Europe

Official Bitch about Twilight Princess Thread!

The3rdChildren

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DON'T LOCK. I might just be needing to use this in a few weeks...

Question: Who has been the GREATEST criticiser of the game upon COMPLETION of it to date? I myself am excluded at the moment as I am yet to fully play the game due to important committments, but will be starting on the 10th January, so once and for all, I can finally make a judgement on the game that will either compliment or contradict the scores given for this game.

I have Extremely high expectations for this game as recognised by my constant references to scores and the littlest of flaws mentioned by gaming journalists and I expect this game to fulfill my expectations. Has the game really deserved to fail statistically? I'll have the answer for you in a few weeks.

DON'T LOCK. I might just be needing to use this in a few weeks...

Question: Who has been the GREATEST criticiser of the game upon COMPLETION of it to date? I myself am excluded at the moment as I am yet to fully play the game due to important committments, but will be starting on the 10th January, so once and for all, I can finally make a judgement on the game that will either compliment or contradict the scores given for this game.

I have Extremely high expectations for this game as recognised by my constant references to scores and the littlest of flaws mentioned by gaming journalists and I expect this game to fulfill my expectations. Has the game really deserved to fail statistically? I'll have the answer for you in a few weeks.

Jesus. Christ.

I am yet to fully play the game due to important committments, but will be starting on the 10th January, so once and for all, I can finally make a judgement on the game that will either compliment or contradict the scores given for this game.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother playing it now if I were you. Through your unhealthy obsession with review statistics, and by being so critical of the game before having even experienced it firsthand, you've unwittingly ruined any enjoyment you otherwise might have got from it because you've preconditioned yourself to dislike it. Of course, by saying this, I may be preconditioning you to like it. But, well, we'll see. :laughing:

So my advice is, forget about Twilight Princess. Just wait for the next Zelda game instead, and try not to become as obsessed with its review statistics as you have with Twilight Princess. Good luck. :)

Has the game really deserved to fail statistically? I'll have the answer for you in a few weeks.

No you won't. Your opinion isn't absolute. It'll be as meaningless as everyone elses is to everyone but themselves.

One gripe I have with the game...

...why oh why does the game have to tell you what a blue/yellow/red rupee is everytime you restart your quest after saving. I know it only does it the first time you get one after restarting, but still...it's a little annoying and seems like a programming fault.

Not that I could do any better of course!

What's wrong with actually being critical towards to game? Do we really need a game to discuss the bad and another to discuss the good? What else is an official thread for? And if everyone starts posting here, the official one will die out anyway. it's a top game, and it sadly enough has it's flaws.

This game is awesome, why would anyone criticize it....except for the bits that suck....which there arn't any because Zelda is by default perfect and the only faults are what isnt there to not not make it so that it is never below perfect...which if you take a critical view of the game you see that it flawless and ungroundbreaking...:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Basically its a tiny bit of a let down but who gives a rat's arse when the game is that good any way!

And for anyone who says the ending isnt great go watch the Gears of War ending cos THAT sucks!

This game is awesome, why would anyone criticize it....except for the bits that suck....which there arn't any because Zelda is by default perfect and the only faults are what isnt there to not not make it so that it is never below perfect...which if you take a critical view of the game you see that it flawless and ungroundbreaking...

Basically its a tiny bit of a let down but who gives a rats arse when the game is taht good any way!

And for anyone who says the ending isnt great go watch the Gears of War ending cos THAT sucks!

No. Game. Is. Perfect. Twilight Princess hass flaws. Don't start saying it doesn't, because it does. Don't compare it to other games: compare it to itself to see what you got. The biggest problem is: Nintendo had huge opportunities, but aren't using them. They've got a huge, empty field, for example. They could have done something with that. Like more sidequests. That's not whining, but being self-critical....

No. Game. Is. Perfect. Twilight Princess hass flaws. Don't start saying it doesn't, because it does. Don't compare it to other games: compare it to itself to see what you got. The biggest problem is: Nintendo had huge opportunities, but aren't using them. They've got a huge, empty field, for example. They could have done something with that. Like more sidequests. That's not whining, but being self-critical....

Chill I was just joking!: peace: I agree and in a way the Zelda series is better for it!

Sorry about my post people, it sucked (except for the last bit about GoW):heh:

I am not very good at games like Zelda but i still enjoy them... the only thing is that it takes me forever to get through them, in games such as windwaker i found that i could still keep my motivation as i knew the end was not to far away.

However because of the size of Twilight Princess, i find it knock my motivation as there is never and end in sight!

As much as i love it and think it is one of the best games i have ever played i do feel that the length of the game is a problem as i can't set goals for the week as i don't know what might happen next in the game.

I am sorry but until i finish the game i do not want to read any of these threads just in case it spoils the story for me! So i won't be able to respond to any comments you might make about this!

...why oh why does the game have to tell you what a blue/yellow/red rupee is everytime you restart your quest after saving. I know it only does it the first time you get one after restarting, but still...it's a little annoying and seems like a programming fault.

I went insane when i was playing through it because of that. There's no reason for it to be so annoying, yet it is.

I second that, it's really really annoying dammit. I know what the hell rupee colours are worth and all that, I don't need to be told every time I'm in a new place.

As for other things, TP is a top game. Is it a top zelda? Well, it didn't feel enough like a zelda game to me, felt a bit generic, and didn't have enough sidequest stuff to it. Even so, it is a top game, and I quite enjoyed it once I got past constantly comparing it to TP.

P.S Solitanze, I think I might still hate you.

The fairy is there so you know where your pointer is if you are going to use the weapons. That is, if you don't want a 'Point the Wii Remote at The Screen' flashing your eyes out and killing you ears. That's the only purpose and it's not in the GameCube version at all. And you can use it to select options in menu's. It's your pointer - and that's the single purpose of it.

Not that it works. When you push on your bow, the camera will change, soa iming with the fairy is fairly (hehe) useless.

Whats the point in the wii-mote controlled fairy?

You can't point it at anything.

It just floats around annoying you.

its not even mentioned in the story.

Second that!

The fairy is there so you know where your pointer is if you are going to use the weapons. That is, if you don't want a 'Point the Wii Remote at The Screen' flashing your eyes out and killing you ears. That's the only purpose and it's not in the GameCube version at all. And you can use it to select options in menu's. It's your pointer - and that's the single purpose of it.

The least it can do then is stop making that effing noise every time it moves!

I turned that pointer off about 5 minutes into the game. And the wii-mote speaker. Also the rupee thing "You got a blue rupee, that's 5 rupees!" every time you play really pissed me off. Other than that it was a wholly enjoyable game. Not all of it was perfect, but few games are. I had a good time completing it :) Anyone who says they finished it in 30 hours either played it nonstop so never forgot where they were going, or ran straight to the next point without stopping for sidequests or heartpieces along the way, or is just plain lying.

I turned that pointer off about 5 minutes into the game. And the wii-mote speaker. Also the rupee thing "You got a blue rupee, that's 5 rupees!" every time you play really pissed me off. Other than that it was a wholly enjoyable game. Not all of it was perfect, but few games are. I had a good time completing it :) Anyone who says they finished it in 30 hours either played it nonstop so never forgot where they were going, or ran straight to the next point without stopping for sidequests or heartpieces along the way, or is just plain lying.

The remote speaker? Off? Now that's the coolest thing about it. It immerses you into the game like never before... And that sound of thee fairy doesn't annoy me at all, since I never point at the screen untill the message pops up. That message haunts my dreams...