N-Europe

Top Ten Gamecube Games

Why do so many people not have Melee on their list? I guess not many people play it competitively so they put other games higher, but still...

Anyway, I think i'm the only person not to put Metroid on my list :o

I bought the game, but never liked it. It jsut a button-em-up and I was very bored with it. I didn't like it, never bein into Smash Bros and never understood why everyone finds it the best game for the GameCube.

Wind Waker is a lot lower on that list than I expected (and I almost considered putting Starfox Adventures in it's place :hmm: ..in fact, I will (controversial, I know :eek: ) ..don't hurt me, I just haven't played Wind Waker really since I finished it.. and I really did enjoy both.. and, oh yeh, It's my list :heh:

Very odd choice. Starfox Adventures? I really thought it was the worst game ever - and not because Rare said byebye to Nintendo. Just because it annoyed the hell out of me. If you think 'talking dinosaurs' you don't associate it with acetns on the British Isles, now do you?(1) Didn't think so.

(1) : This wasn't the only thing bothering me, if anyone wants to know that.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played it yet :heh:

..but my girlfriend bought me it today as a surprise.. so I'm gonna play it soon.. she's the best :red:

wow that was random. Play it right now, its awesome. Takes a little while to get into the swing of things but after that, very funny script, LOL-able characters. fun battle system, loads of enemies, puzzles, collectibles surprises, level artwork. Its great.

It's not repetitive at all which is why its so great. I guess if you play with items and stuff then i could kinda see why..

:shock:

It's just doing the same moves, on the same levels, with the same characters, over and over again.

:shock:

It's just doing the same moves, on the same levels, with the same characters, over and over again.

hah! lol, that made me laugh.

It's the deepest fighting game out there mate, and requires one hell a gaming mind and crazy reflexes.

wow that was random. Play it right now, its awesome. Takes a little while to get into the swing of things but after that, very funny script, LOL-able characters. fun battle system, loads of enemies, puzzles, collectibles surprises, level artwork. Its great.

..yeh.. I'm about an hour in.. gonna play it again before I go to sleep.. seems really cool..

..my girlfriend knew I've wanted it for ages (along with Skies of Arcadia.. so a great week for me (providing my card details are now in order on play.com *crosses fingers* :heh:)) and she bought me it.. how lucky am I?!

magicbuttons, you're a wee gem :yay:

I'm not counting TP, I got it for Wii.

1 - Resident Evil 4

2 - Metroid Prime

3 - The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker

4 - Eternal Darkness

5 - Super Smash Bros. Melee

6 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

7 - Super Mario Sunshine

8 - Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

9 - F-Zero GX

10 - Mario Kart: Double Dash or Soul Calibur II... can't decide. ^^

Haven't played Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2 or Fire Emblem yet.

:D

Ok, here we go...

1. Tales Of Symphonia

2. Skies Of Arcadia

3. Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

4. Super Smash Bros. Melee

5. Mario Smash Football

6. Super Monkey Ball 2

7. Baten Kaitos

8. Super Mario Sunshine

9. Harvest Moon

10. Starfox Adventures

Thats right no Wind Waker!

Im surprised so many left out Paper Mario cause that was quality.

I think it;s because of it's low key release and limited numbers, it's not the easiest game to get hold of.

I haven't played it yet :heh:

..but my girlfriend bought me it today as a surprise.. so I'm gonna play it soon.. she's the best :red:

Wow what a girl! I'm gonna give my bird a thrashing tonight and tell her she should do things like that for me lol

I think it;s because of it's low key release and limited numbers, it's not the easiest game to get hold of.

Wow what a girl! I'm gonna give my bird a thrashing tonight and tell her she should do things like that for me lol

..you said it :love:

..this is following on from my girlfriend getting me Smash Bros. and her parents buying me Red Steel at Christmas..

I'm really very lucky :smile:

..don't give your bird a thrashing though.. unless she bought you 500 sheets of printer paper for Christmas..

1. Metroid Prime

2. F-Zero GX

3. Time Splitter 2

4. Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

5. Wave Race

6. Resident Evil (the first one)

7. Super Monkey Ball

8. Madden Football 2003

My list ends at 8. I owned a few other GC games, but none that I would think deserve a spot on such a list. I'm kind of amazed at how many good GC games some of you seem to own... My budget and time simply doesn't allow me to have such collections, which make me a little red with envy of course. On the whole, people seem to have pretty good game taste...

Crayfish

..you said it :love:

..this is following on from my girlfriend getting me Smash Bros. and her parents buying me Red Steel at Christmas..

I'm really very lucky :smile:

..don't give your bird a thrashing though.. unless she bought you 500 sheets of printer paper for Christmas..

Nah, she got me loads of things. Including one of those stupid puzzles where you have metal balls rolling around in a plastic box and you have to get them all to sit in place - she said it was to teach me patience. Now that game got me angry, angry enough to administer a thrashing lol

1. Metroid Prime

2. Eternal Darkness

3. Resident Evil 4

4. Super Smash Brothers

5. Paper Mario

6. Super Monkey Ball

7. Pikmin 1

8. Viewtiful Joe

9. Metroid Prime: Echoes

10. Baten Kaitos

Fire Emblem, Advance Wars ,Pikmin 2, Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine and a few others were all really close to making this list. Looking back on it Gamescube had a fairly solid 15-20 solid must own games. Should really play tales of Arcadia sometime.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

3. Mario Smash Football

4. Metroid Prime

5. Resident Evil 4

6. Super Smash Bros. Melee

7. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

8. Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

9. Resident Evil

10. F-ZERO GX

Ok, here we go...

1. Tales Of Symphonia

2. Skies Of Arcadia

3. Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

4. Super Smash Bros. Melee

5. Mario Smash Football

6. Super Monkey Ball 2

7. Baten Kaitos

8. Super Mario Sunshine

9. Harvest Moon

10. Starfox Adventures

Thats right no Wind Waker!

What? Starfox Adventures was rubbish. Wind Waker was far better.

When i got hold of it i thought the box was great and it was such a special game. Im glad its fairly low on numbers so i wont be selling it ever. A privelage to play. So funny and amazing. The DS partners in time was crap though.

Okay *deep breath*

1. Smash Bros Melee

2. Metroid Prime

3. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Timesplitters 2

6. F-Zero GX

7. Zelda: The Wind Waker

8. Soul Caliber II

9. Super Mario Sunshine

10. MGS: Twin Snakes

Also, I concur, Starfox Adventures was shit.

I love my gamecube. Ill need to pick up another controller though cos one of the broke :(

My liszt:

1.Animal Crossing

2.Wind Waker

3.Resi 4

4.Paper Mario

5.Tales of Symphonia

6.Mario Kart

7.Mario Sunshine

8.Pikmin 2

9.Super Monkey Ball

10.Fire Emblem

Just missing out were

Timesplitters 2

1080 Avalanche

Metroid Prime 1+2

Capcom vs SNK (I loved it)

Soul Calibur II

Smash Bros.

F-zero GX

Eternal Darkness (this would probably have made it in on a different day)

1. Zelda Wind Waker

2. Starfox Adventures

3. Mario Kart Double Dash

4. Super Mario Sunshine

5. Starfox Armada (worst Starfox game but still a lot of fun)

6. Star Wars Rogue Squadron

7. Pikmin 1

8. Super Monkey Ball

9. Star Wars Rogue Leader

10. Extreme G-3