N-Europe

Which launch title did you like best and why?

Slaggis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best game is EASILY Zelda - could be the best game ever come its end!

Best use of Wii mote... Sports.... Or Rayman.......

What a launch though - Don't even know how far to go on Zelda, then monkey Ball one player, Rayman, Red Steel, CoD3.... Loads of multiplayer! Awesome.... Just in time for Trauma Centre, Excite Truck and Wario Ware :)

Zelda, far from perfect, a tad over-rated but still an amazing game.

You what? This is the game that's made me really start to love the franchise, before this game, I would buy them and play them, but there wasn't really any sort of commitment, It's definately in my top 10 games of all time. Near perfect.

You what? This is the game that's made me really start to love the franchise, before this game, I would buy them and play them, but there wasn't really any sort of commitment, It's definately in my top 10 games of all time. Near perfect.

I'm not saying it's not an amazing game, but in my opinion it's been a tad over-rated and has a fair few flaws, but then again I haven't quite finished it yet so I might change I mind.

As it is, in terms of all computer games, easily 10/10, in terms of Zelda, 9.

Again don't get me wrong, I'm loving it so far but there's a few niggles here and there that have been disappointing. Kakariko Village for one, being dead and pointless (with a population of what, 6?), no Great fairies, no magic metre, no real song element, very short journey time between later dungeons, fairly easy etc etc... small things really but certainly enough to be disappointed given how pretty much universally heralded this game was/is.

Once again, definately one of the finest games ever created, but not perfect and not as groundbreaking as OoT.

Zelda. Why would anyone say anything else than Zelda? But, well, Wii Sports has quite some attention from me, even if you just use it to show of what the Wii is capable of. I've only got Wii Play, but I find it only worth my fiver and not a cent more. It's fun, though (I do like the cow-racing-hit-the-scarecrow game). And, well, it's just great holding the Wiimote. Fun-fun-funedifunfunfun. That last sentence was second just to 'Koolah Limpaah' in the 'utterly most stupid enjoyment expression competition'(1).

(1) Doesn't exist.

no Great fairies

*cough*

There is a Great Fairy. You just need to find her.

:)

Hmm... I have two Best Games.

1) Zelda. :p Easily the best ever. The story is just very good, and it felt more emotionally involving. Midna's a very interesting character. The art design is awesome as well.

2) Wii Sports. So simple, yet so incredible. It's so easy to spend hours on those games with friends and family! Really shows some of the potential of the Wiimote and can be absorbing.

I'm not saying it's not an amazing game, but in my opinion it's been a tad over-rated and has a fair few flaws, but then again I haven't quite finished it yet so I might change I mind.

As it is, in terms of all computer games, easily 10/10, in terms of Zelda, 9.

Again don't get me wrong, I'm loving it so far but there's a few niggles here and there that have been disappointing. Kakariko Village for one, being dead and pointless (with a population of what, 6?), no Great fairies, no magic metre, no real song element, very short journey time between later dungeons, fairly easy etc etc... small things really but certainly enough to be disappointed given how pretty much universally heralded this game was/is.

Once again, definately one of the finest games ever created, but not perfect and not as groundbreaking as OoT.

Those are tiny niggles, TP is a pleasure to play in places where OoT was a chore, it's my favourite Zelda, followed by LttP. Kakariko village is entirely different to the one in OoT, an abundant town just wouldn't fit the story.

But I might also change my mind, seeing as I've only done 3 dungeons.

Smiter, ok fair enough :D I guess in a way the golden wolf makes up for a lack of 5-6 great fairies that give you new magic power anyways.

The Bard, as I said they are indeed small niggles but a lot of small niggles affect a game. I'll say it again I LOVE the game, but I don't think it's QUITE as incredible had read from some reviews. Just my opinion of course. I should probably wait before finishing the last few dungeons to make up my mind fully anyway.

Nothing wrong with a small village, but how many people have you seen there apart from the children, Gorons, and the mayor? 1 person?

Seeing as I only have Wii Sports and Wii Play....Sports, obviously. that said, I love not having to swing around like crazy for Play. It's really enjoyable until I get another game where I don't need to swing around - IE Zelda - then Play will be relegated to the back of my Wii Games List eventually :P

Tears welled up in my eyes (I'm not ashamed to admit it!) just as it was coming to a close...

The most beautilfully told and most compelling Zelda in the series, a masterfully crafted piece of artwork, absolutely sublime in every way! My NEW favourite game of all time...

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!