N-Europe

New Trailers

Solo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Avatar based on?

Playstation Home. They've really improved it recently.

Although all the way through that (If I watch it), I'm going to be thinking "Ever wondered what the bottom of your avatars foot looks like? BAM!"

Hmm. Doesn't 'say' much does it. I suppose the intention but alas, I'll wait and see.

I know this is usually reserved for film trailers but the new Nip/Tuck promo is available here and its awesome. Although I still prefer the one from last season:

Both are awesomely stylish though.

Apple trailers are working now.

What is Avatar based on?

It is base on nothing.

The story’s protagonist, Jake Sully, is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will give him a healthy body. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush rainforest-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms – some beautiful, many terrifying. Pandora is also home to the Na’vi, a sentient humanoid race that humans consider primitive, but are actually more evolutionarily advanced than humans. Standing ten feet tall, with tails and sparkling blue skin, the Na’vi live in harmony with their unspoiled world. As humans encroach deeper into Pandora's forests in search of valuable minerals, the Na’vi unleash their formidable warrior abilities to defend their threatened existence.

Jake has unwittingly been recruited to become part of this encroachment. Since humans are unable to breathe the air on Pandora, they have created genetically-bred human-Na’vi hybrids known as Avatars. The Avatars are living, breathing bodies that are controlled by a human 'driver' through a technology that links the driver’s mind to their Avatar body. On Pandora, through his Avatar body, Jake can be whole once again. Sent deep into Pandora's jungles as a scout for the soldiers that will follow, Jake encounters many of Pandora beauties and dangers. There he meets a young Na’vi female, Neytiri, whose beauty is matched by her ferocity in battle.

Over time, Jake integrates himself into Neytiri's clan, and begins to fall in love with her. As a result, Jake finds himself caught between the military-industrial forces of Earth, and the Na’vi – forcing him to choose sides in an epic battle that will decide the fate of an entire world.

I preferred the one drawn by children.

Which was drawn by children?

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Christ, what season is Nip/tuck on? I think the last one I saw was the Masked Killer Season, can't remember the name of him, turned out to be a Woman or something? I thinks I need to investigate this, I enjoyed Nip/tuck

Its about to enter its 6th in October (in America) which will be its last. Although there's 19 episodes done and dusted but its unclear at the moment if FX is going to split it into two seasons.

New York, I Love You

I quite liked Paris, je t'aime so hopefully this should be good too. Wonder if they'll use that LCD Soundsystem song.

Edited by Ashley

9poster.jpg

Read about this yesterday and then stumbled upon this previewey thing today: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/9-feature/sneak-peak

Looks really interesting and its kind of a shame that it has Tim Burton's name attached to it because its not a Tim Burton film, as far as I can gather from interviews he was just provided support (and obviously the name to help get it off the ground so swings and roundabouts). Out end of October here.

No I understand it as a marketing point, but I just mean the 13-year old Burton fangirls will rush to it expecting a Nightmare Before Christmas and then be sad it doesn't have singing or something.

The director is actually adapting his Academy Award Winning short he did for college, which is quite an impressive feat.

But they're 13. I'm not into that :heh:

No no I know, but they tend to be annoyingly vocal. Like Coraline and how everyone was like "Oooh new Tim Burton film" when he had nothing to do with it, then said its not as good as Tim Burton's normal stuff >_>

I know what you mean.

I'm so bored of Tim Burton. I don't hate him pointlessly like ReZ and co., but Nightmare Before Christmas got old fast, and Corpse Bride was pretty shite. I do like his penchant for letting his wife/lover Helena Bonham Carter into everything he does, since she's great.

I'll go see Alice in Wunderland, since I love the book, but I imagine it'll just be a Burtonised update of the cartoon movie.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!