NEurope
Solo

New Trailers

"I thought that was closer."

Horrible.

What? That's has classic Indy written all over it!

"I thought that was closer."

Amazing.

FFT!

That quote alone made me thing "Yup, this is Indy"

Not the line... the fact that the enemy soldiers are staring at him doing nothing. That's what was horrible.

The line is classic indy, the scene itself was tasteless 3 ninjas style work.

Am I the only one that thought the trailer was a little...terrible? I'm a little scared about the quality of the finished result now.

Am I the only one that thought the trailer was a little...terrible? I'm a little scared about the quality of the finished result now.

Yeah it was a shit trailer. Ben Shepard on GMTV said something like "Ive never been breathless at a trailer before" He must not of seen many trailers. Dont get me wrong I actually think it looks sweet, with some of the scenes but seriously the trailer was a brimful of bull shit. Part' from the Buffster! :)

WTF IS HAMMOND DOING TOGETHER WITH UWE BOLL?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zYazQ4Gg-R8

I was wondering that too. But I must admit for Boll standards this trailer looks pretty promising - which doesn't change the fact that the end-result will be bad.

I was more surprised by the fact that well respected german actor Til Schweiger agreed to play the main role.

Im not too sure what to make of the Indy trailer. My problem with it is the mise-en-scene had that CGI copy and paste look to it, seen in films like King Kong. Everything just didnt look natural, looked like one too many CGI stages to me. I wanted the film to have that gritty, film cell generating old school Raiders Of The Lost Ark sort of look and I didnt get what I wanted.

It reminded me of one of the Star Wars Prequals, in that it looked like a change in direction from the original movies to keep up with the modern way of making action adventure movies. Hopefully my first impressions are wrong and George Lucas has as little to do with this as possible. Ray Winstone is brilliant casting, as Indy always has a classic british sidekick. Cate Blanchett? Thats a bit more questionable, great actress but not for this sort of film.

Fingers are still firmly crossed

Indy looks rad. Hate the 'closer' line, the same lines that completely spoiled Riddick (WHY VIN WHY) (Did you know Riddick was VD's idea? I did not know that. Blew my mind.), but it is Indy.

I like Shia so he is a plus point for me.

Kumar actually looks pretty funny, but why all the girls? That trick is old.

Heres a trailer for Starship Troopers 3 (Didnt even realise it was coming out, I never bothered watching no.2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_woGjV_q8fM

Thanks for that Link, I heard about it but didn't know a trailer existed.

I have a bit mixed feelings for the trailer though, some things look extremely B-movie like but others really have that Starship Troopers flair.

I never saw the 2nd as well and therefore hope they completely ignore it because from what I've heard it's terrible and would piss over all my good impression of the first film.

Still I'm sceptical if someone can carry on with what Verhoeven did.

RDJ was the freaking bomb in A Scanner Darkly, so no doubt he'll be rad in this.

Teaser trailer didn't really intrest me, but this has changed my mind.

Oh, that looks really tasty ... but put a Marvel sticker on just about anything and I'll watch it. :red:

Oh, that looks really tasty ... but put a Marvel sticker on just about anything and I'll watch it. :red:

Good man.

The Incredible Hulk trailer should be incoming within the next few weeks too. (Teaser)

Did anyone see the Sex And The City trailer when it was online for 10 minutes last Friday?

They basically revealed the whole plot in the trailer and it looked to reach gayer heights than even the TV show could get to.