N-Europe

Wii Sports Thread

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we are! I spent ages playing it trying to get the platinum, in the end i my arm started aching and i seemed to have lost the ability to hit the ball softly, making it impossible for decent score!

What I did find to be a good tactic though is hitting the ball high, for example when you know your not going to be able to hit the next target (too far away) then if you hit it high when you hit it closer then it'll hit a different part of the wall, meaning it'll stay in tact for longer!

As long as you have good aim, it's not too much trouble... the main problem that I have is that it moves the targets to the extremes, oso you have no choice but to hit the wall, making a whole in the middle which is very annoying. My best is 26 or something...

What do you need for a platinum in timing your swing? I got 42, which is still a gold.

As long as you have good aim, it's not too much trouble... the main problem that I have is that it moves the targets to the extremes, oso you have no choice but to hit the wall, making a whole in the middle which is very annoying. My best is 26 or something...

What do you need for a platinum in timing your swing? I got 42, which is still a gold.

Which is why hitting it high is extremely helpful - it reduces the damage in the centre!

I think timing you swing platinum is 50, not sure though!

Guest Stefkov
What I did find to be a good tactic though is hitting the ball high, for example when you know your not going to be able to hit the next target (too far away) then if you hit it high when you hit it closer then it'll hit a different part of the wall, meaning it'll stay in tact for longer!

I also do that, however sometimes I find it funny to make the Mii work, so I hit it realy hard to make Mii runn fast, somehow I seem to get it even though its quite fast.

I bowled a perfect game yeaterday, was very pleased with that, especially since it gave me the points to make me a pro!

gaggle, I find that if I throw the ball up in the air and not as hard as I can then I can throw it pretty straight, then all you have to do is aim slightly to one side of the front pin and strikes will soon follow!

I also now have gold medals on all the training games except boxing, but the damn controller doesn't recognise half my punches which is shit! Maybe I'll move onto the platinums!

I was also 0.2m away from a hole in one in golf!

Well everyones jealous of me in our house as i just pulled off 12 strikes in a row!

Ahh if only you could see the big grin i have on my face! :awesome:

One strike off a perfect game? Nice going! Quite a few people here I believe have achieved perfect games. Is the trick hitting the "hot spot" and having a smooth motion that you do every single turn without any alteration whatsoever? (e.g no slight different movements with turn of wrist or power of swing etc).

One strike off a perfect game? Nice going! Quite a few people here I believe have achieved perfect games. Is the trick hitting the "hot spot" and having a smooth motion that you do every single turn without any alteration whatsoever? (e.g no slight different movements with turn of wrist or power of swing etc).

Nope 12 is perfect i think... well if its not and it is 13 then thats what i got... PERFECT! :D

• 2 years later...

I can't believe that the last post in this thread came all the way back in January 2007, barely a month after the Wii was first released in Europe :eek: I know most threads die off after a few weeks or months, but everyone gets Wii Sports when they buy a Wii and yet noone has wanted to talk about it in almost 3 years!

I still put it on from time to time (this morning being the latest example :heh:) and it always feels great fun to play :hehe:Wii Sports Tennis, in my opinion, remains the best tennis game on the Wii, despite a lack of options, and is much more satisfying than [the outrageously over-praised :indeed:] Grand Slam Tennis which introduced Wii Motion Plus (before Nintendo showed us themselves how effective the peripheral could really be in Wii Sports Resort Table Tennis :heh:)

Golf, Baseball, Bowling and Boxing.. they're all still great to play after all this time :smile: I just wonder if anyone still dusts off their copy of Wii Sports occasionally or if it has been relegated to the back of everyone's mind following the end of 2006..

Edited by nekunando

Golf, Baseball, Bowling and Boxing.. they're all still great to play after all this time :smile: I just wonder if anyone still dusts off their copy of Wii Sports occasionally or if it has been relegated to the back of everyone's mind following the end of 2006..
Everytime I see Eddage it's customary that we have a best of 3/5 rounds (or whathaveyou) on Wii Sports Golf 9 holes.

It's a blast. Sometimes we have our good days, sometimes our bad days. I'm a demon with the putter, whilst Eddage is known for his chip-in's.

As it stands at the moment, we both have a personal best of -9 under par. And I think we've both had one hole in 1.

Edited by Retro_Link

Everytime I see Eddage it's customary that we have a best of 3/5 rounds (or whathaveyou) on Wii Sports Golf 9 holes.

It's a blast. Sometimes we have our good days, sometimes our bad days. I'm a demon with the putter, whilst Eddage is known for his chip-in's.

As it stands at the moment, we both have a personal best of -9 under par. And I think we've both had one hole in 1.

Our Wii Golf sessions are awesome! I though our best was -8 under par though, could always turn the Wii, which is currently about 9 inches away, on and checlk but you know... can't be bothered....

The amount of times it's all gone down the crapper on that last hole is unbelievable as well, although I think when I got my high score I got an eagle on that hole with one my legendary chip ins!

:heh: