NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Wii Sports Thread

Yes we are! I spent ages playing it trying to get the platinum, in the end i my arm started aching and i seemed to have lost the ability to hit the ball softly, making it impossible for decent score!

What I did find to be a good tactic though is hitting the ball high, for example when you know your not going to be able to hit the next target (too far away) then if you hit it high when you hit it closer then it'll hit a different part of the wall, meaning it'll stay in tact for longer!

As long as you have good aim, it's not too much trouble... the main problem that I have is that it moves the targets to the extremes, oso you have no choice but to hit the wall, making a whole in the middle which is very annoying. My best is 26 or something...

What do you need for a platinum in timing your swing? I got 42, which is still a gold.

As long as you have good aim, it's not too much trouble... the main problem that I have is that it moves the targets to the extremes, oso you have no choice but to hit the wall, making a whole in the middle which is very annoying. My best is 26 or something...

What do you need for a platinum in timing your swing? I got 42, which is still a gold.

Which is why hitting it high is extremely helpful - it reduces the damage in the centre!

I think timing you swing platinum is 50, not sure though!

I meant extremes as in left and right, with the whole middle bit of the wall being a big hole. I have no problem aiming, but it just seems to hate me.

What I did find to be a good tactic though is hitting the ball high, for example when you know your not going to be able to hit the next target (too far away) then if you hit it high when you hit it closer then it'll hit a different part of the wall, meaning it'll stay in tact for longer!

I also do that, however sometimes I find it funny to make the Mii work, so I hit it realy hard to make Mii runn fast, somehow I seem to get it even though its quite fast.

I think they should make a Scottish version of Wii Sports, Tossing the Caber, Haggis Throwing and Tennants Drinking would be immense with the Wiimote!

I think they should make a Scottish version of Wii Sports, Tossing the Caber, Haggis Throwing and Tennants Drinking would be immense with the Wiimote!

Haggis throwing would be the Wii's Killer App. 100% sure of that :P

Don't you mean haggis hunting? Who on earth would want throw around a six legged ball of fire breathing ginger fur?

Anyway, what's the trick to Bowling? My balls just keep constantly drifting to left, as does my bowling.

I bowled a perfect game yeaterday, was very pleased with that, especially since it gave me the points to make me a pro!

gaggle, I find that if I throw the ball up in the air and not as hard as I can then I can throw it pretty straight, then all you have to do is aim slightly to one side of the front pin and strikes will soon follow!

I also now have gold medals on all the training games except boxing, but the damn controller doesn't recognise half my punches which is shit! Maybe I'll move onto the platinums!

I was also 0.2m away from a hole in one in golf!

I've had a difficult day, which I've ended by playing a 9-hole course of golf. In my bedroom. While drinking tea. I feel like someone off Star Trek.

I've had a difficult day, which I've ended by playing a 9-hole course of golf. In my bedroom. While drinking tea. I feel like someone off Star Trek.

Was that really the best way to unwind after a difficult day, being stared in the face with extreme limitation?

Was that really the best way to unwind after a difficult day, being stared in the face with extreme limitation?

Extreme limitation? Thats the beauty of it. Just chill and relax. Life is complex, joy is simple.

Well everyones jealous of me in our house as i just pulled off 12 strikes in a row!

Ahh if only you could see the big grin i have on my face! :awesome:

Well everyones jealous of me in our house as i just pulled off 12 strikes in a row!

Ahh if only you could see the big grin i have on my face! :awesome:

One strike off a perfect game? Nice going! Quite a few people here I believe have achieved perfect games. Is the trick hitting the "hot spot" and having a smooth motion that you do every single turn without any alteration whatsoever? (e.g no slight different movements with turn of wrist or power of swing etc).

One strike off a perfect game? Nice going! Quite a few people here I believe have achieved perfect games. Is the trick hitting the "hot spot" and having a smooth motion that you do every single turn without any alteration whatsoever? (e.g no slight different movements with turn of wrist or power of swing etc).

Nope 12 is perfect i think... well if its not and it is 13 then thats what i got... PERFECT! :D

Nope 12 is perfect i think... well if its not and it is 13 then thats what i got... PERFECT! :D

Oh yeah 12, 2 extra shots after getting a strike on the 10th frame...

Stirke, another shot, strike a third and final shot.

Yeah i remember now... infact before i pulled off a perfect i had the same run of strikes but left one pin on the last lot ... i coulda cryed.

I left it for about 15 mins and had to go back and try again... and thats when i got a perfect!

220 still my best score, always seem to have a great start to a game then trail off towards the end....

I can't believe that the last post in this thread came all the way back in January 2007, barely a month after the Wii was first released in Europe :eek: I know most threads die off after a few weeks or months, but everyone gets Wii Sports when they buy a Wii and yet noone has wanted to talk about it in almost 3 years!

I still put it on from time to time (this morning being the latest example :heh:) and it always feels great fun to play :hehe:Wii Sports Tennis, in my opinion, remains the best tennis game on the Wii, despite a lack of options, and is much more satisfying than [the outrageously over-praised :indeed:] Grand Slam Tennis which introduced Wii Motion Plus (before Nintendo showed us themselves how effective the peripheral could really be in Wii Sports Resort Table Tennis :heh:)

Golf, Baseball, Bowling and Boxing.. they're all still great to play after all this time :smile: I just wonder if anyone still dusts off their copy of Wii Sports occasionally or if it has been relegated to the back of everyone's mind following the end of 2006..

Edited by nekunando

I had a do on it the other night.

I played the baseball, bowling and tennis, then did the fitness test thing. My age went from 21 to 33 :sad:

Golf, Baseball, Bowling and Boxing.. they're all still great to play after all this time :smile: I just wonder if anyone still dusts off their copy of Wii Sports occasionally or if it has been relegated to the back of everyone's mind following the end of 2006..
Everytime I see Eddage it's customary that we have a best of 3/5 rounds (or whathaveyou) on Wii Sports Golf 9 holes.

It's a blast. Sometimes we have our good days, sometimes our bad days. I'm a demon with the putter, whilst Eddage is known for his chip-in's.

As it stands at the moment, we both have a personal best of -9 under par. And I think we've both had one hole in 1.

Edited by Retro_Link

Wii Sports Tennis, in my opinion, remains the best tennis game on the Wii, despite a lack of options, and is much more satisfying than [the outrageously over-praised :indeed:] Grand Slam Tennis

The lengths you go to to diss the sublime GST are unbelievable. :sad::angry:

The lengths you go to to diss the [abomination that is] GST are unbelievable. :sad::angry:

..yeh.. I've bumped a three year old thread just to sink the boot in :indeed:

Everytime I see Eddage it's customary that we have a best of 3/5 rounds (or whathaveyou) on Wii Sports Golf 9 holes.

It's a blast. Sometimes we have our good days, sometimes our bad days. I'm a demon with the putter, whilst Eddage is known for his chip-in's.

As it stands at the moment, we both have a personal best of -9 under par. And I think we've both had one hole in 1.

Our Wii Golf sessions are awesome! I though our best was -8 under par though, could always turn the Wii, which is currently about 9 inches away, on and checlk but you know... can't be bothered....

The amount of times it's all gone down the crapper on that last hole is unbelievable as well, although I think when I got my high score I got an eagle on that hole with one my legendary chip ins!

:heh:

Sign in to follow this