NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Im hideously stuck. Who do you show the drawing of that beast to to get to the 5th temple?

The girl just inside the hole in the cave wall inside lower Zora's domain.

The girl is a boy called Prince Ralis. :hmm:

is that it shows that Aonuma is a fan of RE4 knife fight.

:)

was it an ordeal?

3 faeries and 1 bottle of tears. I used the tears and the last of the faeries on the last level with the 3 darknuts (I entered the battle with 3 hearts). It was a good long enjoyable trek downward though :D

If you do it again it will become harder because the rooms will have one more enemies added into the rooms. Example in the last room will have four DarkNuts.

I'l make sure to head back down after I do a few more side quests :)

She was a bit dull but I did like her in 'that' scene before dungeon 4.

On a completely separate note, I really loved the secret skill bits. Pretty cool music, a good character and a nice master/apprentice dynamic (which could have been explored more I feel). Imagine having a quick flashback to his words about the helm splitter before you had to face a dark nut for the first time for instance. Otherwise he could have appeared in the final dungeon etc...

Zelda sucked in this game. I mean the character.

Zelda sucked in this game because the game was not really about her but the twilight.

This game was kind like Zelda:MM and Zelda:LA but having some of the main things in the background.

Just finished the Sky Temple last night , and that is without a doubt my least favourite dungeon so far , awesome boss battle though.

Somehow , I have managed to take 51 hours to get this far , what the hell have I been doing ?

Can you use the c-stick to move the camera on the GC version? I'm sick of having to tap z to centre it and see where I'm facing or stopping dead to use the first person view when I just want a quick glance around.

That's always a problem in the 3D Zelda games; one button to center the screen and to lock on to enemies. Made it hard to look the right way sometimes because it constantly turns you around to look at an enemy that's a mile away instead of turning the screen to look forwards.

That's always a problem in the 3D Zelda games; one button to center the screen and to lock on to enemies. Made it hard to look the right way sometimes because it constantly turns you around to look at an enemy that's a mile away instead of turning the screen to look forwards.

Exactly! That seriously bugged me especially in the Sky Temple where it was at it's worst I found.

He was in kakariko village! :weep:

So it seems like more of you have beat it know. Has there been any talk of timeline yet? Keep spoilers in mind people.

Exactly! That seriously bugged me especially in the Sky Temple where it was at it's worst I found.

Totally. And then you'de drop thousand miles down. Who actually makes these temples? They don't make any sense. Why build a Sky Temple with only half-a-floor and sometimes-bridges. Or well you make a floor, or well you don't. it's that simple. No, to make it hard for a hero to free their temple, they just, well, delete half the floor and replace the other half with blocks that don't hold anyone or anything. Now that's plain stupid. And they call themselves a superior ancient race.

That's my trouble with temples - they never make any real sense. Why the hell is there a temple of that sky? I loved how they implemented the fourth Dungeon - we all know wich one, the one with the best boss battle - giving it an ancient purpose instead of making a religion for sand or something. And that's why I also loved the Snowhead temple. Because it made some god-damned sense.

Just wanted to say Jasper-your avatar scares the hell out of me-don't know why but it looks like john off 1up.com but the whiteness and the pose scares the bejesus out of me

Again...Fine but it would at least make sense that in the over cowded metropolis that is Castle Town, where you can assume, because of the population, that living space is expensive and minimal, that they would at least take advantage of the freed up space in Kakariko village. The point is that there is no attempt to give an organic feel to the inhabitants of Hyrule!

Did you see how much effort it was to take the zora kid to kakariko? And once they get there, what are they supposed to do? There's probably minimal food, lack of things to do and dust clogging up their lungs.

MOds please change the thread title, to "Let's whine about Twilight Princess, because we just like to focus on negative things that aren't even a problem."

I got a better one

"Zelda thread. Any faults with the game is bullshit, any negative opinions can get the fuck out. Zelda is perfect"

MOds please change the thread title, to "Let's whine about Twilight Princess, because we just like to focus on negative things that aren't even a problem."

HAHA! Whilst I'm not about the join those ranks I do have a few things that could perhaps be deemed as whining but that's not what it's intended as.

Now I'm just up to the Temple of Time and so far am very very impressed with TP. But is it the best Zelda ever...NO.

OOT had a certain wow factor, simply for being the first 3D Zelda, and still being my favourite game ever.

WW, was great, it also had a wow to it, the animation and links facial expressions made it feel like I was playing a truly interactive cartoon. It did have problems though the boat travelling mechanic never really worked. Also at the end giving Tingle money for map locations was a really cheap way of dragging out the games playtime.

I'm yet to really get that same wow with TP, it is epic (so far), it is more than big enough, the graphics are great (ok so some questionable textures aside it is still beautiful), the storyline is gripping,(I am especially loving the plot, having not read or watched any movies on the game prior to launch everything that happens is a geniune surprise.)

the wiimote control feels like the only way to play Zelda. but I've still not had that wow factor, despite being so impressed by it all, but I don't think it's cos it's a bad game, I think the I've just become so wrapped up in the pedigree of Zelda that I've started to in some way take it all for granted.

However I do think this is the most comprehensive Zelda ever, and the way some people are moaning they would think it had been a flop which it isn't by any means...

So many nit-picks...

Lack of a c-stick for camera control hasn't turned out to be much of a problem at all, the Z button does just as well.

Anyways, I'm at the 8th dungeon, very spooky.

This is the best 3D Zelda if you ask me-OoT just didn't grab me the way it did everyone else, i was too busy playing Final Fantasy games in the first couple of years OoT came out so i didn't complete it then.

TP feels like the most polished and perfect Zelda game of all of them-its just right. it may not be a step forward for the series but as a Zelda game it is still an amazingly fun game with more variety than any of the other Zelda games.

The Temple of Time felt really empty and lacked any mystical feeling that was present in the OOT one. Yes it wasn't quite the same thing and was never going to be but my main gripe with Twilight Princess is it doesn't feel half as magical as the others. I still love the game nevertheless...

You just have to face it, this game is OOT 1.5. I loved it like OOT but there was way too much deja vu!