NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

You mean Phantom Hourglass? All indications thus far are that it'll be a typical Zelda game, albeit with touch capabilities.

hence slight indication, Nintendo will shake up the Zelda franchise, i can't remember who said it but i have a feeling it was Aonuma-san a couple of months ago.

It's the things that HAVEN'T appeared in TP. Magic, proper great fairies, spells/medallion type weapons, musical component, classic bad guys, classic Zelda tune, mirror shield, the triforce (hardly in it)...

I'm not saying that it's going completely party game based, i'm just saying that the days of someone locked in a room on his own playing his vodeo games and being taken over by days of friends round laughing around a game of WiiSports.

And I think my comment about it being a flashback to all things Zelda is very true. I mean hell, the reason most reviewers marked the game down is because it was too similar to previous Zelda's. I mean give me something in Twilight Princess that hadn't appeared in some form in other Zelda games (forgetting control here).

ooocooooocoooocoooocooo that bird! lmao

but yeah it has a few little things thrown in to keep it fresh like the story, the horse back battles, the dueling, the protect the coach thing, the flying bird thing lmao.

Actually, I think FF7 looks miles better, the prerendered backgrounds were amazing. And it's not the graphics, it's the game, FF7 hooked me so hard that I still play it trying to fill my stable with every type of chocobo, trying to get every Materia etc. Zelda just doesn't do that, it doesn't have that sense of importance; it feels like a game.

Ugh no, even though I love Final Fantasy VII so much, it just looks horrible these days, the pre-rendered backgrounds even look bad as well as the FMVs, sometimes I need to press select so I know where the exits are because of the graphics.

Final Fantasy VII needs a remake but Ocarina of Time is fine the way it is (except for the market ).

I'm not saying that it's going completely party game based, i'm just saying that the days of someone locked in a room on his own playing his vodeo games and being taken over by days of friends round laughing around a game of WiiSports.

I think that party games are certainly becoming more frequent but it's not like they haven't been around before the wii. And out of all the games on the console I still prefer playing Zelda on my own than Wii Sports (awesome as it is).

It's the things that HAVEN'T appeared in TP. Magic, proper great fairies, spells/medallion type weapons, musical component, classic bad guys, classic Zelda tune, mirror shield, the triforce (hardly in it)...

does it matter? would you rather play the game without all the cool lil things that got added in instead? i mean thank god it isn't the bastard child of WW and OoT or else that would be ridiculous, i like the feel of the game so far and i don't really care about those minor-and they are minor-complaints, the game still rocks and is a fantastic addition to the Zelda series. and as it will be some people first Zelda game its perfectly pitched and paced from all that i have heard and experienced.

Ugh no, even though I love Final Fantasy VII so much, it just looks horrible these days, the pre-rendered backgrounds even look bad as well as the FMVs, sometimes I need to press select so I know where the exits are because of the graphics.

Final Fantasy VII needs a remake but Ocarina of Time is fine the way it is (except for the market ).

I say the other way round. I win cause I have more posts (yeeeeah! I knew being a total loser would come in handy some day :heh:)

I say the other way round. I win cause I have more posts (yeeeeah! I knew being a total loser would come in handy some day :heh:)

nope i agree with McMad on this one. and i have more posts than you so kiss it :p

You know, I'm glad a lot that stuff didn't appear in TP. It would have been Nintendo appeasing moaning zelda-fanboys. They moaned about WW so nintendo appeased them with a realistic zelda set in hyrule.

Ocarina has been and gone, the series needs to step well away from it.

Yeah but your picking on the specifics. Look at the big picture. You're still going into dungeons, getting a weapon, defeating a boss. Go to the next one.

The classic tunes remixed, classic weapons like the bow and slingshot, locations like death mountain, a parallel realm. It doesn't matter that the triforce was hardly in there or songs only came in the form of howling, they were just fragments of old games put in to remind you of the old days, when you went on a triforce hunt or played the Ocarina.

ooocooooocoooocoooocooo that bird! lmao

but yeah it has a few little things thrown in to keep it fresh like the story, the horse back battles, the dueling, the protect the coach thing, the flying bird thing lmao.

Occoco ruled. And i'm not denying their isn't new stuff in there. But I think Aonuma said it best when he said it was "120% Zelda".

Silly Bard.

I win becuase Zelda is a Ninetndo game and Nintendo is God. :heh:

and FF VII is what? a lifestyle? lol

It felt like much more than a game, it didn't just feel like something you played, completed, and then left on the shelf as a testiment to your gaming prowess. There were emotions relating to FF7 that were more than purely visceral, which is more than I can say for most games, including Zelda.

Your still using my sig. I mean you could atleast put my name on it, even if it was like this Thanks triforce_keeper!

Meh, am I being picky?

I do have your name on it!

Edit: No I don't :S...must have taken it off by mistake when I changed the quoty thing. Oopsies...

It felt like much more than a game, it didn't just feel like something you played, completed, and then left on the shelf as a testiment to your gaming prowess. There were emotions relating to FF7 that were more than purely visceral, which is more than I can say for most games, including Zelda.

I do have your name on it!

Edit: No I don't :S...must have taken it off by mistake when I changed the quoty thing. Oopsies...

LMAO I was joking bud, don't bother ;)

My comments about the lack of all those stuff was only in reply that supposedly TP is like a celebration of Zelda. When in fact, I disagree, hence my argument.

My comments about the lack of all those stuff was only in reply that supposedly TP is like a celebration of Zelda. When in fact, I disagree, hence my argument.

just because it doesnt include or reference every last thing in Zelda games doesn't mean that it isn't a celebration of Zelda. its just both fresh and nostalgic at the same time.

Well then you could say that WW was a celebration of Zelda. Or The Minish Cap. Or...

Well then you could say that WW was a celebration of Zelda. Or The Minish Cap. Or...

but TP is set in pretty much the same world with the same environments as OoT.

Fine if that's what you think.

I'd still like to see one more traditional Zelda game on the Wii.

- good graphics and music

- a good storyline.

- ACTUALLY big as opposed to promises of it being huge and 70+ hours

- Huge array of weapons

- With a special twist to make it different to all other games yet still a celebration of Zelda.

Proper great fairies?

What were the great fairies in the CoO then?

Also the fairies you found became only fill up your eight hearts aka the 2D type.

I think that Oot,MM & AOL only had magic spells.

The musical componets became important in the last 3D games.

The Trifore was not in LA & MM because Nintendo wanted to do something out of main things ie Triforce,Master Sword, Zelda & Ganon but the main things were in TP but push into the background because Nintendo wanted TP to be about Twilight and Midna.

Mirror shield wont work because of the shield became auto lock with the sword.

The classic tunes ie lttp songs were in the last part of the game.

Fine if that's what you think.

I'd still like to see one more traditional Zelda game on the Wii.

- good graphics and music

- a good storyline.

- ACTUALLY big as opposed to promises of it being huge and 70+ hours

- Huge array of weapons

- With a special twist to make it different to all other games yet still a celebration of Zelda.

You can't rally say that till you see what they do with the new one! I mean how radical a cgange do you think it will get? Actually I see it now 'Zelda & Link: Smooth Moves' :grin: Seriously change is good! Zelda TP is essentially a Gamecube game, as we all know, and represents the end of an era harking all the way back to the beginnings of the N64. It made complete sense that Nintendo wanted to have it as a release for the Wii and I think thats where the confusion is. As a Gamecube game it is irresistable, as a Wii game it is archaic but still good! In the end I am all sure we have faith in Nintendo to do whats best for the series...and we don't really have a choice so quit your yapin!:p

P.S. They should give Majora's Mask a complete graphical face-lift and re-release it....seriously. On a more serious note, does anyone know if Majora's Mask is coming out on the VC any time soon? Any plans?

Why It Rocked: Could there really have been any other choice? Nintendo's four-years-in-the-making adventure was everything we hoped and prayed it might be. Not only did Twilight Princess unleash hours of classic Zelda gameplay - upwards of 40, by most accounts - but it also featured superb overworld and temple designs, fantastic character upgrades, and some of the prettiest graphics to grace Nintendo's new console. To top everything off, the Wii build of Twilight Princess boasted several exclusive additions, from Wii remote-enhanced sword fighting and projectile aiming to a 16:9 widescreen mode that was omitted from the GameCube iteration. The title wasn't dramatically different from previous Zelda outings, but Nintendo's if-it-isn't-broken-then-don't-fix-it approach served all but the neediest players just fine. Twilight Princes will undoubtedly be remembered as a masterful achievement, the best Zelda ever designed, and one of the single greatest titles to ever debut with the launch of a console. Wii Sports may have the non-gamers covered, but for players who grew up with Nintendo, Twilight Princess is the pinnacle of adventure offerings.

ign.com say it so well

Why It Rocked: On a system like Nintendo Wii you’ll be finding far more games that entertain in shorts spurts, rather than the grandioso adventures that move your soul over countless hours of play. That being said, it really doesn’t get much better than a young farm boy named Link who embarks on a quest to gain power, draw a legendary sword, and defeat the forces of evil. The story hasn’t’ really changed over the years – sure there have been added subplots to each – but it also never seems to get old, and Twilight Princess once again shows us a unique re-telling of the world of Zelda. Where the other Zelda games draw a bit thinner in the storytelling department, however, Twilight Princess is robust and truly legendary, offering of ton of mysterious characters and events that build a more mature and previously unvisited side of the world of Legend of Zelda. It’s the same unlikely hero, the same damsel in distress, but a whole new world of obstacles that stand between you and your never-ending destiny.

and one last time . . .

Why It Rocked: Simply put, Nintendo's four-years-in-development adventure game lived up to the hype - and there was frankly a lot of it. Twilight Princess is the pinnacle of the Zelda franchise and the epitome of everything that makes Link's quests so much fun. It's got great control, unparalleled level design, a non-linear-style overworld and a progression model that revolves around impressive character upgrades. Did we mention this is one of the prettiest titles to grace Nintendo's new console? Then there's the fact that Zelda on Wii plays better than the GCN version due to remote-enhanced controls - gesture-based sword swipes deliver a welcomed level of immersion, as far as we're concerned; and aiming projectile weapons with the pointer is so much better that the old scheme feels dated and archaic. And the Wii incarnation of the game features an exclusive 16:9 widescreen mode, too. Twilight Princess is a masterful achievement, one of the best launch titles in the history of game consoles, and yet another demonstration of Nintendo's formidable development talent. Elebits earns a runner-up nod for its innovative use of the Wii controller and fun physics-based challenges.

Jesus, I posted here complaining about the Zelda negativity again and then took a step back and realised there was an all deciding factor present here that I've been failing to take into account.

I enjoyed it and that's all that matters.

Because when push comes to shove, we rarely give a shit about each other's opinions anyway.

I'm still doing the Ice mansion place. I have to say that this is the greatest 'dungeon' I've ever come across in any Zelda game. Such awesome design.