NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Just finished the great fairy section... such a crap prize! It could've at least come in a new bottle... (woo, wii browser post!)

Haha, see. Everyone loves the browser. :heh:

I remember you saying "oh my gawwwd, why would I need a browser. My have a PC!"

All I can think of in reply is that it's a real shame you didn't like the game as much as I did.

This is the thing, the reason there is a massive arguement i think is because of the amount of people who think, "Wow, new zelda game, with "realistic" graphics, its 50 hours long, this is automatically THE BEST GAME EVER".

Disqualifications goes to people who say Wiimote, as implementing the wiimote controls not only takes less then a day, but it did not influence the game one bit.

However, adds a lot more immersion into the game. The Wolf sections are also fantastic, as are the fantastic (if too few) horseback fights. I've completed OoT once. I have no intention of doing it again. (Master Quest got me up to the water temple, but it was so annoying that I gave up...perhaps a decent ending would of convinced me to continue). I've already started my second run of TP.

Edit: Since when did TP have realistic graphics?

Wow there's been a lot of debate in here since I last came on last night. Whilst I agree with many things said I think the reason for the views seeming so negative is that it's much easier to talk about the flaws of a game on a forum rather than the good things. It's also as if Zelda fans were playing Twilight Princess not for the sake of pleasure but instead to be look for things to be picky about and compare it to OOT and what not. The truth is, it's because OOT is SO fantastic that people complain about Twilight Princess.

Comparing a game to Ocarina of Time is like trying to compete with a past memory, or God or something.

I think both Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time can exist with both games having plus and minus points. No game is perfect, and even Ocarina of Time had its flaws. Does it stand the test of time? Well, its all down to opinion.

Fact is, the same people who play this game will not necessarily be the same people who played Ocarina of Time. To them, we are older gamers. We were there during the N64 days, and we experienced it first hand.

To these new gamers, in which case Twilight Princess will be their first Zelda game, this will be their ocarina.

You need to see it from many points of view to grasp this whole concept. Not every gamer is the same.

Edit: Since when did TP have realistic graphics?

I Speechmarked them because thats what people like to call them, frankly i dunno what to call them, I personaly think Wind Waker will be graphically more memorable in 10-20 years time then this one.

Comparing a game to Ocarina of Time is like trying to compete with a past memory, or God or something.

I think both Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time can exist with both games having plus and minus points. No game is perfect, and even Ocarina of Time had its flaws. Does it stand the test of time? Well, its all down to opinion.

Fact is, the same people who play this game will not necessarily be the same people who played Ocarina of Time. To them, we are older gamers. We were there during the N64 days, and we experienced it first hand.

To these new gamers, in which case Twilight Princess will be their first Zelda game, this will be their ocarina.

You need to see it from many points of view to grasp this whole concept. Not every gamer is the same.

I agree. I think Twilight Princess is technically the better game on the gameplay scale, as I think it's the most fun Zelda yet.

Oh and I totally disagree about the Snowpeak ruins temple, bloody hated it.

I agree. I think Twilight Princess is technically the better game on the gameplay scale, as I think it's the most fun Zelda yet.[/Quote]

Yaaaay.

I do think it was the most fun Zelda to play. It was definitely the coolest one. The Wiimote adds nothing? Bah, it adds to the experience, imo. Hearing that Zelda jingle coming out of the mote, hearing every sword swipe, and just the ease of aiming makes the game a new experience.

Oh and I totally disagree about the Snowpeak ruins temple, bloody hated it.

Boooooooo. :heh:

Snowpeak owned! Baaa ram ewe, dude. :heh:

I want the OST for this so much,loved the music in this.I had some annoying moments in Snow Peak but overall I liked it.

I'm thinking about doing another run soon but I want to try and get all the poes,heartpieces and bugs first.

I can't compare OOT with TP because i'll just find points which make them stand out from each other so it just becomes hard to :heh:

I found the music a bit weird, as it's not quite as much 'there' as it was in the previous 3D games. There's not many memorisable tunes, but they work very well in the context of the game. I love the field music.

I want the OST for this so much,loved the music in this.I had some annoying moments in Snow Peak but overall I liked it.

I'm thinking about doing another run soon but I want to try and get all the poes,heartpieces and bugs first.

I can't compare OOT with TP because i'll just find points which make them stand out from each other so it just becomes hard to :heh:

Check out this site.

Edit: It was a shame that the amazing songs were only the last bosses fights and the end song. I hope the OST comes out soon.

Nice,didn't have the Lake Hylia one :)

Thanks!

I've got the Title,Orchestra Piece,Hyrule Field,Kakariko Village,Death Mountian,Ordon Village,Ilia's Theme,Midna's Theme and now Lake Hylia.

I thought the Hyrule Castle song was great when I entered it just before the boss.

The end credits are very nice, as is Kakariko. Still there should have been way more of the 'classic Zelda tune' in the game

Also it is possible to download them, just right click on the media player thing, 'Properties', then copy and paste the (...).mp3 file into your browser address bar. Then just save as.

YAY done the third temple . . . yes i am that slow but its taken me just over 15 hours to get here. :D

Haha, see. Everyone loves the browser. :heh:

I remember you saying "oh my gawwwd, why would I need a browser. My have a PC!"

Well, hmph. Usually my PC is on next to my wii, but I'm home for Christmas :heh:

Ok just did the end boss again to see if the ending is better a second time and I'd say it is.

The short scene just before the 'The End' was very nicely done + excellent music. I'm still extremely pissed off with 'that' happening in the ending though. What a waste.

Edit: listened to the end bit of the End Credits music (ie, last 30 seconds) again, fantastic, especially with the visuals on screen. Best bit of the entire soundtrack in my opinion. Beautiful.

I enjoyed this game very very much, playing the ending again reminded me of that, but its many many flaws stop it from being the masterpiece that Ocarina was. Still 10/10 in general gaming terms though.

2 critical mistakes:

- Absolutely NO sense of urgency, danger or foreboding. Hyrule population probably didn't think anything was wrong the whole time. And because there wasn't any kind of threat in the air, it made the victory at the end feel a bit hollow.

- Dungeon length, easyness, linearity (is that a word?) + time between levels later on.

I just did the last part of the last boss, but, with

music instead

Made the battle quite simply, epic.

Well the first six dungeon levels were bigger than the first six dungeons from Oot to me.

im in love with midna, anyone else get reminded of e.t when you had to run her to zelda after zant attacked?

im in love with midna, anyone else get reminded of e.t when you had to run her to zelda after zant attacked?

Actually, now you mention it, yes!

Say what you all will, but I love the characters in this game. Midna is really awesome, the gorons are pretty damn cool, and ....MALO!

Show some love, fools.