NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Off topic but, how can you base a claim for "greatest game ever" on a pretty game with nice story?

and awesome consistently good gameplay and great variety in content.

the best games ever made ARE Zelda games.

Lets hope that MGS4:GOTP dont go like MGS:OP has hinted.

What do you mean? The whole team based gameplay?

I have only done the first two temples but im with Takeo on this. This game is pure gaming bliss.

In other words. Greatest. Game. Ever. (from what I have played mind you)

and awesome consistently good gameplay and great variety in content.

the best games ever made ARE Zelda games.

I was referring to MGS4. Funnily enough, TP isn't that pretty and hasn't got a great story.

just like OoT then.

It wasn't a dungeon in OoT, and certainly not pointless as you had to go back there many times throughout the game

I was referring to MGS4. Funnily enough, TP isn't that pretty and hasn't got a great story.

it does though, its art style is one of the best ever and is up there with Okami and Ico. and the story for the first half i've played is the most involving Zelda storyline out of them all.

I have only done the first two temples but im with Takeo on this. This game is pure gaming bliss.

In other words. Greatest. Game. Ever. (from what I have played mind you)

And as I've said many times, the first 4 dungeons are great, it's after those that it goes downhill very quickly..

It wasn't a dungeon in OoT, and certainly not pointless as you had to go back there many times throughout the game

hey!! lil mini spoiler!!!!

why is it important anyway? the game doesnt revolve around the temple of time as time travel doesn't have a fat lot to do with it like it did with Ocarina of TIME.

and if it does please shut up and don't tell me lol

it does though, its art style is one of the best ever and is up there with Okami and Ico. and the story for the first half i've played is the most involving Zelda storyline out of them all.

The art direction is indeed cool. The storyline goes all over the place after dungeon 4 and feels like it's being made up as you go along.

Oh! Then in that case.

Off topic but, how can you base a claim for "greatest game ever" on a pretty game with nice story?

Metal Gear Solidâ„¢ is a game that has always consistently had superb gameplay, but the quality of the story, the sound and the visuals has overlooked that gameplay.

Fair enough it does look great. It is the most involving zelda storyline, but it still doesn't mean it's up to RPG standards in terms of story telling.

The art direction is indeed cool. The storyline goes all over the place after dungeon 4 and feels like it's being made up as you go along.

But isn't that the case with every Zelda? The story has to fit with the gameplay, not the other way round.

Take ocarina. What kind of plot twist is "ganon filled each temple with monsters, you must go to each temple to get a medallion in order to defeat him". They made that up as an excuse to do 5 dungeons.

Same goes in TP, where they made up the part about the mirror being broken, just so they could add 3 dungeons.

What do you mean? The whole team based gameplay?

I thinking MGS4 might follow the same storyline near the end of the game with Revolver Ocelot telling Snake to kill him, fighting Liquid Ocelot in a Metal Gear and fighting the unknown person as the last boss.

Fair enough it does look great. It is the most involving zelda storyline, but it still doesn't mean it's up to RPG standards in terms of story telling.

its an adventure game-the two games are incomparable in terms of story-RPGs are about 40 hours + of game with about 3 hours of that being just FMV and another 6+++ being dialogue

I thinking MGS4 might follow the same storyline near the end of the game with Revolver Ocelot telling Snake to kill him, fighting Liquid Ocelot in a Metal Gear and fighting the unknown person as the last boss.

To be honest, i think the ending is gonna be highly unpredictable, all i can say is, SHIT will happen. And it wont be the good kinda shit.

Holy crap! Isn't this The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess thread?

Oh wait, it is!

Leave it ouuut. Keep all the MGS talk elsewhere. You've got a whole goddamn board for talk about other consoles. :heh:

But isn't that the case with every Zelda? The story has to fit with the gameplay, not the other way round.

Take ocarina. What kind of plot twist is "ganon filled each temple with monsters, you must go to each temple to get a medallion in order to defeat him". They made that up as an excuse to do 5 dungeons.

Same goes in TP, where they made up the part about the (...), just so they could add 3 dungeons.

Yes that is the same with every Zelda game, no doubt about that. The problem with TP isn't that you have to collect what you have to collect (I'd edit your post for spoilers), the problem is... the story loses any sense of urgency, any sense of drama after dungeon 4.

The bad guys don't surface till the very end, there's nothing seemingly WRONG with Hyrule and everyone acts like it's a glorious summer day. No danger, no threat of inpending doom (like OoT/MM). And the end battle seems hastilly put together.

Yes that is the same with every Zelda game, no doubt about that. The problem with TP isn't that you have to collect what you have to collect (I'd edit your post for spoilers), the problem is... the story loses any sense of urgency, any sense of drama after dungeon 4.

The bad guys don't surface till the very end, there's nothing seemingly WRONG with Hyrule and everyone acts like it's a glorious summer day. No danger, no threat of inpending doom (like OoT/MM). And the end battle seems hastilly put together.

I agree completely! (Except with the end battle bit, I see where you are coming from, but I really enjoyed it!)

I've been complaining about Kakariko Village, and rightly so, but Zoras Domain is absolutly pitiful! WTF, they live in a pond quite literally! I mean what do they do all day, at least the Gorons go to the hot springs and Sumo wrestle and dance and eat rock or whatever...the Zoras just seem to be speaking fish! What happened to the Zora rock group from Majora's Mask, honestly the more I think about it the less remarkable this game gets, and that saddens me.

I've been complaining about Kakariko Village, and rightly so, but Zoras Domain is absolutly pitiful! WTF, they live in a pond quite literally! I mean what do they do all day, at least the Gorons go to the hot springs and Sumo wrestle and dance and eat rock or whatever...the Zoras just seem to be speaking fish! What happened to the Zora rock group from Majora's Mask, honestly he more I think about it the less remarkable this game gets, and that saddens me.

Uhhh...were they any different in Ocarina? They didn't do anything then either.

RIGHT,

Let's just get things straight.

As a stand alone game, this game is brilliant, right?

But on the Zelda scale, it doesnt match up to the WOW of previous Zeldas.

RIGHT

RIGHT,

RIGHT

aka people are still jerking off to OoT behind their rose tinted specs.

dabookerman: I've said pretty much those exact same words about 20 times so yes.

LOL, you mr 'TP is perfect and I won't admit to a single bad thing about it' talk about rose tinted specs?

I agree completely! (Except with the end battle bit, I see where you are coming from, but I really enjoyed it!)

I've been complaining about Kakariko Village, and rightly so, but Zoras Domain is absolutly pitiful! WTF, they live in a pond quite literally! I mean what do they do all day, at least the Gorons go to the hot springs and Sumo wrestle and dance and eat rock or whatever...the Zoras just seem to be speaking fish! What happened to the Zora rock group from Majora's Mask, honestly the more I think about it the less remarkable this game gets, and that saddens me.

They all lived underwater. But anyway why are you complaining about the settlements? Does it actually matter? No!

RIGHT,

RIGHT

You've hit the nail right on the head.

Ocarina of Time is perfect.

Twilight Princess is not.

This is the bottom line.

Uhhh...were they any different in Ocarina? They didn't do anything then either.

I know but as great as OOT was, and still is, its over a decade old! Progress people, progress.

They all lived underwater. But anyway why are you complaining about the settlements? Does it actually matter? No!

Yea, I think it doe matter cos whats the point of trying to save Hyrule if everone there has nothing to live for!?