NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

The Temple of Time felt really empty and lacked any mystical feeling that was present in the OOT one. Yes it wasn't quite the same thing and was never going to be but my main gripe with Twilight Princess is it doesn't feel half as magical as the others. I still love the game nevertheless...

The Temple of Time from Oot had two rooms!

The Temple of Time from Oot had two rooms!

Haha, I was thinking that as well. :)

I've never personally had a thing for the temple of time. The only time when it held a special place in my heart was at the end of ocarina of time (credits sequence).

I haven't got to there in the game yet. Maybe i'll have a new found love for this place. Can't wait to find out!

10 characters

It's his opinion, it's not his fault Twilight Princess was dissapointing.

So apart from Poe Collecting, what other side quests are there in this game?

I've yet to do all the poes, so I will do that in time. But what else.

Bug collecting i forgot, Ill do that.

There's one cave that I've been looking for... it was quite long, you had to bomb a rock to get to the next chamber and there were 3 or 4 poes in it but I didn't know how to fight the poes when I first found it (and didn't have to collect them) so I just left them.

Anyone know where I'm talking about and how I can get back there?

you mean its not his fault he found Twilight Princess disappointing.

i've found it anything book, i'm really loving the story and the controls, and was totally taken aback by how amazing the art direction is and how full of character each NPC is.

Come on, that was an obvious joke, otherwise I wouldn't have put a picture. Cough.

There's one cave that I've been looking for... it was quite long, you had to bomb a rock to get to the next chamber and there were 3 or 4 poes in it but I didn't know how to fight the poes when I first found it (and didn't have to collect them) so I just left them.

Anyone know where I'm talking about and how I can get back there?

Lake Hylia, warp there and then head right (if your facing the cannon dude), its up a ladder somewhere around there.

Just completed the game a miniute ago. Best.Boss.Ever!

Clocked in at 36:57, all bugs and all poes found. Havnt done fishing yet atall.

This game was stupidly easy, but also one of the best ive played.

I've never particularly found any of the 3D Zelda's 'difficult'.

I've been frustrated because I can't do something. But, I haven't come across any moments where I'm like "ahhhh!" and then just totally give up.

I never even found the legendary Water temple on OoT difficult either, so I'm confused as to why so many people moan about that. :heh:

The hardest thing for me was in the Sky Temple where there are 3 of those giant fans with blocks that fall when you walk on them,with a switch that stops one of them so you can proceed.Took me a while to see the switch and another good few minutes to click I had to use the grapple hook item to hit it :heh:

The hardest thing for me was in the Sky Temple where there are 3 of those giant fans with blocks that fall when you walk on them,with a switch that stops one of them so you can proceed.Took me a while to see the switch and another good few minutes to click I had to use the grapple hook item to hit it :heh:

I got stuck at that bit very early into that temple. I remember trying to get across without the dual wielding clawshot things. I iddnt even think I was gonna get another one of them, so I thought that bit was a waste of time. As soon as I got them I went straight back to do it.

I figured youu could Z target them aswell, which made it a bit easier to do. I'm not saying that was good though.

Is there any way of turning off that fucking fairy that spazzes around when you swing your sword without also losing the ability to aim the slingshot etc with the pointer? Turned the pointer off and it's better for it, but I'd just like to be able to control the slingshot with it. Guess I could do without, I don't think the Wii specific controls add anything to the game to be honest.

In the first dungeon at the mo, had some fun along the way but it's not really grabbed me yet - I think the broken camera and (so far) dull environments haven't helped. Hopefully it'll get better.

Is there any way of turning off that fucking fairy that spazzes around when you swing your sword without also losing the ability to aim the slingshot etc with the pointer? Turned the pointer off and it's better for it, but I'd just like to be able to control the slingshot with it. Guess I could do without, I don't think the Wii specific controls add anything to the game to be honest.

In the first dungeon at the mo, had some fun along the way but it's not really grabbed me yet - I think the broken camera and (so far) dull environments haven't helped. Hopefully it'll get better.

Nope you cant but you can make it go off screen by not pointing the wiimote right at the tv screen.

MOds please change the thread title, to "Let's whine about Twilight Princess, because we just like to focus on negative things that aren't even a problem."

For the love of god get over it. TP is FAR from perfect but there's been just as much talk about the positive aspects.

So apart from Poe Collecting, what other side quests are there in this game?

Not that many to be fair.

So it seems like more of you have beat it know. Has there been any talk of timeline yet? Keep spoilers in mind people.

Well the Zelda timeline goes like this TMC,FS,OOT but with MM,WW & TP, the timeline becomes two timelines.

The 1st timeline goes like this TMC,FS,OOT,MM,WW.

The 2nd timeline goes like this TMC,FS,OOT,TP.

The other games follow like this FSA,LTTP,LA,OOS,OOA,LOZ,AOL but could be added to any of the two timelines.

Ok if you can't get your head round that explanation ;) it's illustrated in the last part of the Zelda retrospective on gametrailers.com.

Basically after Ocarina of Time, it splits into two timelines. One where Link goes back to when he was a kid and one where the future world continues (without Link). TP takes place in the latter. Majora's Mask is next in the former (as Link was a child in that).

i don't think Zelda has a timeline and i hate the idea of one, its just essentially the same story but slightly different retellings of it.

I wouldn't get too hung up about a timeline. The Zelda games work without the need for a timeline, so it's not as if it poses a problem.

For the love of god get over it.

That's what I should be saying to you mlot, with ridiculous critics. The game's not perfect, but to me, it's the best game ever created. But you insist on finding flaws because that makes you feel good. Or you wither compare it with OoT and wish it was a remake or say it's OoT 1.5, when it has lots of different and innovative things. It's ridiculous. I know you're not saying the game is bad, but you all look like bunch of crybabies

TP sidequests are;

Fishing

Star Game

Iza's River Ride

RollGoal

Fabli's Flight-By-Fowl

Upriver Fruit Game

Yeti Sledding

The Cave of Ordeals

Chicken Leader

it's the best game ever created.

I completely respect your opinion and if you think that then fair enough but forgive me for laughing my arse off at that statement. The story's the weakest of any Zelda and seems to have been made up as the developers went along. As has been said many times on this thread by many people there isn't any magic to the game (and I don't mean physical magic). The music is pants. There are hardly any sidequests. The dungeons are small and cold. It's easy. The difficulty curve seems to be going the wrong way in that later dungeons are tiny and easier than the first set. Kakariko is a joke. The ending isn't all that special... blah blah blah...

Of course I can find just as many if not more GOOD things to say about the game but the fact that there are so many negatives (in my opinion) can't be good.

I completely respect your opinion and if you think that then fair enough but forgive me for laughing my arse off at that statement. The story's the weakest of any Zelda and seems to have been made up as the developers went along. As has been said many times on this thread by many people there isn't any magic to the game (and I don't mean physical magic). The music is pants. There are hardly any sidequests. The dungeons are small and cold. It's easy. The difficulty curve seems to be going the wrong way in that later dungeons are tiny and easier than the first set. Kakariko is a joke. The ending isn't all that special... blah blah blah...

Of course I can find just as many if not more GOOD things to say about the game but the fact that there are so many negatives (in my opinion) can't be good.

And I disagree 99.9%. (I think its much better that the sidequests are actually integrated into the main quest). Only part I agree with it's "it's easy", but I don't really care, as long as it's fun. (OoT wasn't exactly hard, just had a load of tedious bits). Still, your opinion is your opinion.