Here is current SSX Blur scores:

Gamespot 7.4

Game Informer 8.5

GamePro 2.5

1UP 5.5

Gametrailers 8.4

Gamebrink 7.4

Gamesradar 9.0

What a big fucking surprise that, once again, lowest scores come from Ziff-Davis owned magazines / sites. Without them, average would be around 8.2.

Just proves how everyone should take reviews as the gospel truth. I mean, the game received mixed scores, the highest being 9.0, and the lowest being 2.5. Sorry, but if readers read all these reviews and look at the scores, how are they going to be able to decide whether to purchase the game or not if they keep getting mixed signals like this?

Ziff-Davis Publishing Group is US company that publishes EGM, Official Playstation Magazine, Official Xbox Magazine, Gamepro and slew of other 3rd rate gaming magazines. Though they sold 1UP about month ago, it is fairly clear that their influence still shows on site.

Yeah the fact that the 1up Show and 1up podcasts still feature EGM staff members on a regular basis as their offices havn't moved proves they are still influenced.

Here is current SSX Blur scores:

Gamespot 7.4

Game Informer 8.5

GamePro 2.5

1UP 5.5

Gametrailers 8.4

Gamebrink 7.4

Gamesradar 9.0

What a big fucking surprise that, once again, lowest scores come from Ziff-Davis owned magazines / sites. Without them, average would be around 8.2.

Seems like a Red Steel this one... What's up with the GamePro score though? I hope that's 2.5/5.

Call me a corporate pawn but I tend to find that I agree with the general reviewers consensus. Maybe not intially, I think what were the reviewers thinking, this game is great, but after weeks of play, I realise what they meant and want my money back.

EXCITIN TRUCKS is the exception to this poorly constructed rule.

IGN and Edge seem to share my views, or vice versa.

Call me a corporate pawn but I tend to find that I agree with the general reviewers consensus. Maybe not intially, I think what were the reviewers thinking, this game is great, but after weeks of play, I realise what they meant and want my money back.

EXCITIN TRUCKS is the exception to this poorly constructed rule.

IGN and Edge seem to share my views, or vice versa.

Corporate pawn.

8.4 on IGN, and it states that the ubertricks that most, if not all, the reviews are complaining about are very difficult, but you can get them down, which could explain those employees showing off the game, that had no problem with them.

I guess some of the more negative reviews just didn't put in enough time with the game, or didn't feel it was worthwhile.

I think there are still some commie... I mean Wiimote haters out there that just don't get the point. I mean HONESTLY, who had even remotely the problems some reviews point out with the controls in Red Steel?

So much is about the desire to have a good time with the game you purchased, it's almost as if there should be two takes on every game. One looking at it with the assumption that you're into the subject matter and the general gameplay mechanics, and another for someone looking for "a new game". That'd avoid a lot of people feeling the game was unfairly judged.

And be totally impractical aswell, so it's simply a rethorical suggestion. :)

It annoys me that reviews affect how excited I am towards a game. I'm still looking forward to SSX Blur. Apparently the main problem is the uber tricks. That could spoil the game a little.

And after listening to the last 1Up Yours screw whatever 1Up ever say.

After reading the 3 best and 3 worst reviews this game has had, I'm getting it for sure!

As SimonM7 said, plenty of reviewers said Red Steel had major control issues... whereas it wasn't perfect, it wasn't nearly as bad as some people said! I actually found the controls a breeze!

SSX Blur is a game I'll definately be picking up!