NEurope
Nintendork

SSX Blur

YOUTUBE LINK (BETTER) stop reading here.

---

Spike TV has the world exclusive of SSX Blur, expect a barrage of news, screens and stuff over the weekend.

I've not played SSX since the original.. but it was a laugh. I just think it's been a bit tapped dry (4 games in a generation!?)

Click episode 26, part 4 to skip through right to the footage.

Or you can see some arse licking between Peter Moore and Reggie earlier on regarding the Wii60. Reggie just comes out and says "No don't buy a 360.. get a DS if you have a little extra money"

If there's anything this series needs to rejuvinate it- it's a new control scheme. Can't help but think that this will be one of the motion sensing games that the PS3 really outdoes the Wii version.

1080 the standard has been set.

On the link's page click "this weeks show" once the player opens click the top link 'Game Head shows' and then scroll down to Episode 26.

That will open a sub menu of 4 chapters.

The 4th contains the SSX Blur footage.. I think it's possibly the worst site design ever.. so slow and lagging my browser hard.

Cheers!

Im quite looking forward to this game... i hope it turns out ok.. because if it does it will be the first SSX game i have ever brought.

Nothing thread related but just noticed where you come from cube_game. I come from Abbots Langley, literally a 10 minute drive from you. Haha. :)

"SSX Blur"?

Oh god thats such a bad name. I just want Tricky 2 :(

http://www.spiketv.com/#shows/gamehead/index.jhtml

Here's the link to help you get to the episode list quicker. :) I agree about the site design, it looks cool but is so finicky - twice it put an entire PS3 show into my playlist because I clicked on the show title instead of that tiny "Open" arrow. :shakehead

Watched the SSX clip twice, it was hard to tell because of the low-res video, but the game seems to be shaping up nicely. I'm unsure of that huge star gauge on the right side, but as long as it plays like a proper SSX title...

I'm not concerned about the PS3, all I care about is that the Wii gets a healthy supply of titles. :awesome:

Add in EA's recent acquistion of a studio purely for Wii titles, and things are looking healthy for the little white box. Keep it up EA and Ubi!

This one looks like it has more style about it than balls out over the top tricks.

I'm sure it will be there but I think it has distanced itself from the On Tour and Tricky format.

http://www.spiketv.com/#shows/gamehead/index.jhtml

Watched the SSX clip twice, it was hard to tell because of the low-res video, but the game seems to be shaping up nicely. I'm unsure of that huge star gauge on the right side, but as long as it plays like a proper SSX title...

I can't remember if you could turn that HUD off in the original.. but it was certainly less low profile. When you go over the top with tricks it flashes and has effects on it and really draws your attention away.

That's the same link that I posted also, the don't support direct links to videos.. it's all internal flash.

This one looks like it has more style about it than balls out over the top tricks.

I'm sure it will be there but I think it has distanced itself from the On Tour and Tricky format.

I can't remember if you could turn that HUD off in the original.. but it was certainly less low profile. When you go over the top with tricks it flashes and has effects on it and really draws your attention away.

That's the same link that I posted also, the don't support direct links to videos.. it's all internal flash.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you had posted a link to the main site index instead of the show's index.

Yeah, the star gauge is distracting, I think it should be smaller. What is it with the Wii skate/snowboarding titles having huge gauges? :p I did play SSX on my sister's PS2 and enjoyed it, and I'm a huge 1080 fan. Seeing this clip makes me want to break out my Gamecube and play Avalanche.

This site is very frustrating. I cant find episode 26.

The only good thing is that a Reggie interview is scheduled for today.

It's a TV show in the US, but you can see 4 short previews on the website I think.

I dunno, have a look around but I know it's there.

screenshot44zc8.th.jpg

It exists.

Nah I think it looks fairly crisp.. the video is super low res.

If it is Need for Speed effects copy and pasted over to snowboarding I won't be getting it.

Oooh that's nice. I love SSX.

Is it just me though or is the boarder's head huge?

Hair + goggles + headphones + beanie cap can make it a bit bigger.

Typically SSX has kept fairly realistic styling and just tweaked the gameplay to make it a little faster, flexible and more fun mid-air.

But I have noticed it now you've pointed it out. Can't quite see because the low resolution if she/he is wearing anything.

There's gonna have to be a mad complex gesture system in combination with the A+B/shoulder buttons to get this running smooth.

Never played SSX, 1080 on the 64 put me off snowboarding games because it is (apparently) the best, and it utterly boring.

Are they any good?

SSX isn't really a simulator, but SSX 3 was really highly rated.

Basically you get more time in the air to do crazy tricks and you can land, spin around and flip out of a grind.

More tricks equals more boost, which makes you go faster.

This is essentially a racer.. a precursor to Tony Hawks Downhill Jam. 1080 didn't have any direction apart from being a snowboarding game.

You probably haven't heard of Shawn White's but it was Activision O2's attempt to make a 1080 meets Tony Hawks. They failed hard.

SSX is a laugh, good for multiplayer but the sequels barely improve. It's usually more gimmicky with a different themed soundtrack.