NEurope
Nintendork

SSX Blur

Won't buy it right away, cause its not really my style, buy maybe someday I will.

1up.com gave this a 5.5... he says the controls are an issue. Tbh i don't think i'll get this, i might just get SSX3 and Tricky for the cube and play them, i loved tricky.

COnsidering all the other scores and that 1up is one of the most anti nintendo sites out there, I wouldn't pay much attention to their review.

1up.com gave this a 5.5... he says the controls are an issue. Tbh i don't think i'll get this, i might just get SSX3 and Tricky for the cube and play them, i loved tricky.

Have reviews taught ye anything? If they have, it's that reviews should not be trusted. :heh:

Meh, I have SSX 3 and I haven't finished it yet, so I see no reason to get this; pretty much a case of Square peg, round hole.

Here is current SSX Blur scores:

Gamespot 7.4

Game Informer 8.5

GamePro 2.5

1UP 5.5

Gametrailers 8.4

Gamebrink 7.4

Gamesradar 9.0

What a big fucking surprise that, once again, lowest scores come from Ziff-Davis owned magazines / sites. Without them, average would be around 8.2.

Gamespot 7.4

Game Informer 8.5

GamePro 2.5

1UP 5.5

Gametrailers 8.4

Gamebrink 7.4

Gamesradar 9.0

What a big fucking surprise that, once again, lowest scores come from Ziff-Davis owned magazines / sites. Without them, average would be around 8.2.

Just proves how everyone should take reviews as the gospel truth. I mean, the game received mixed scores, the highest being 9.0, and the lowest being 2.5. Sorry, but if readers read all these reviews and look at the scores, how are they going to be able to decide whether to purchase the game or not if they keep getting mixed signals like this?

Welcome to the wacky, crazy world of "Other People's Opinions", enjoy your stay. We have a full breakfast menu and the bar is open until eleven.

Whos Ziff-Davis?

Ziff-Davis Publishing Group is US company that publishes EGM, Official Playstation Magazine, Official Xbox Magazine, Gamepro and slew of other 3rd rate gaming magazines. Though they sold 1UP about month ago, it is fairly clear that their influence still shows on site.

OIC.

I feel that you can trust ;

A) The majority of reviews

B) The general concesus is always the same on GameSpots player reviews sections.

I think you can split Wii Reviews into:

1) People who like the Remote

2) People who are still unsure

3) People who hate it.

Ziff-Davis Publishing Group is US company that publishes EGM, Official Playstation Magazine, Official Xbox Magazine, Gamepro and slew of other 3rd rate gaming magazines. Though they sold 1UP about month ago, it is fairly clear that their influence still shows on site.

Yeah the fact that the 1up Show and 1up podcasts still feature EGM staff members on a regular basis as their offices havn't moved proves they are still influenced.

Gamespot 7.4

Game Informer 8.5

GamePro 2.5

1UP 5.5

Gametrailers 8.4

Gamebrink 7.4

Gamesradar 9.0

Seems like a Red Steel this one... What's up with the GamePro score though? I hope that's 2.5/5.

It is 2.5/5

I usually use gamerankings as my view to whether I should get a game or not!

Well, that and all of your opinions of course!

Call me a corporate pawn but I tend to find that I agree with the general reviewers consensus. Maybe not intially, I think what were the reviewers thinking, this game is great, but after weeks of play, I realise what they meant and want my money back.

EXCITIN TRUCKS is the exception to this poorly constructed rule.

IGN and Edge seem to share my views, or vice versa.

Call me a corporate pawn but I tend to find that I agree with the general reviewers consensus. Maybe not intially, I think what were the reviewers thinking, this game is great, but after weeks of play, I realise what they meant and want my money back.

EXCITIN TRUCKS is the exception to this poorly constructed rule.

IGN and Edge seem to share my views, or vice versa.

Corporate pawn.

8.4 on IGN, and it states that the ubertricks that most, if not all, the reviews are complaining about are very difficult, but you can get them down, which could explain those employees showing off the game, that had no problem with them.

I guess some of the more negative reviews just didn't put in enough time with the game, or didn't feel it was worthwhile.

It looks like its falling into the worthwhile purchase category.....I reckon I will be taking a definite look at this one.

Even though reviews don't make me buy a game or not...IGN review was very positive, which is good.

I think there are still some commie... I mean Wiimote haters out there that just don't get the point. I mean HONESTLY, who had even remotely the problems some reviews point out with the controls in Red Steel?

So much is about the desire to have a good time with the game you purchased, it's almost as if there should be two takes on every game. One looking at it with the assumption that you're into the subject matter and the general gameplay mechanics, and another for someone looking for "a new game". That'd avoid a lot of people feeling the game was unfairly judged.

And be totally impractical aswell, so it's simply a rethorical suggestion. :)

It annoys me that reviews affect how excited I am towards a game. I'm still looking forward to SSX Blur. Apparently the main problem is the uber tricks. That could spoil the game a little.

And after listening to the last 1Up Yours screw whatever 1Up ever say.

After reading the 3 best and 3 worst reviews this game has had, I'm getting it for sure!

As SimonM7 said, plenty of reviewers said Red Steel had major control issues... whereas it wasn't perfect, it wasn't nearly as bad as some people said! I actually found the controls a breeze!

SSX Blur is a game I'll definately be picking up!

We know it's not going to be the greatest game of all time. But, do you go into every game you play thinking that? If you do that, you're always going to be setup for a huge disappointment.