N-Europe

The Christmas Thread

ZeldaFreak

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It made a bunch of people go blind so it got banned in the UK.

Costs a bomb to get imported thought Harrod's/internet can hook you up.

It's an experience.. unfortunately when there is a party with some floating around I always miss it.

I've got some absinthe.. I've not gone blind. But I agree with Bard its foul, and I hardly touch it. Friend got me it from Portugal, its dirt cheap on the continent.

Or any recommendations on christmas songs to download courtesy of going into a shop and buying them because warez is baaaaaad!!???

Warez is never bad!

Please note, NE does not condone warez. Only Jordan, oh yes.

Why do adverts go through all that bother to make a Christmas advert, such as the Argos one, when they could simply say "This Christmas" at the end of their advert?

"Knorr, because food deserves better, this Christmas." - That works

"More reasons to shop at Morrisons, this Christmas." - That also works.

"Wahing machines live longer with Calgon, this Christmas." - That's okay, I suppose, who knows who'll get gravy stains during Christmas dinner.

"Durex play, this Christmas." - Well, not in front of the kids please.

That's just my opinion, though.

Anyone know of any links for christmas song ideas (single releases)?

Or any recommendations on christmas songs to download courtesy of going into a shop and buying them because warez is baaaaaad!!???

Fairytale of New York, best christmas song ever in my opinion. Completely unsentimental and paints an accurate picture of what christmas is all about, drunkenness, arguements, love, tragedy and hope. For the love of all that is holy just make sure it's the original Pogues version and not the travesty that is Ronan Keating's version.

As for what I want for christmas.... not a clue. I drive the parents up and down the walls as I can never think of anything when they ask. Guess I might ask for a Wii as I wont be able to afford one come December 8th.