NEurope
ZeldaFreak

The Christmas Thread

I've done most my christmas shopping now, but I'll just end up buying more for everyone throughout December.

I couldn't think of much to ask for but me, my brothers and sister all swap lists so I'll be getting a few things off there.

What do you do if your mum tells you not to buy any Christmas presents for anyone in the family?

Why would she say that? Christmas isn't the same without buying presents for people.

If she doesn't want you to spend your money on them maybe she could give you some, but not buying them altogether is crazy.

I have a poco-yo advent calendar, But I ate all the chocolate up to the 20th, and those are being saved for Jordan :)

Why would she say that? Christmas isn't the same without buying presents for people.

If she doesn't want you to spend your money on them maybe she could give you some, but not buying them altogether is crazy.

She wants me to "look after my money", and therefore my mum has already bought the presents that I am "giving" to people.

Well thats normaly what happens mum and dad buys the presents and I give her the money this though everyone is spending less money on everybody, apart from food.

And when I get back I have to make like 4 trays of brownie, my brownies all ways make people want one more, they are so addictive.

The Christmas Eve dinner, christmas lunch and boxing day lunch and dinner buffet. Oh I can smell all the food - god I hate being at uni. Food here is crap carn't wait to get 4 weeks of proper food. All xmas food is so good, especially yule log from tescos

Well I think it should be up to you Cube, if you want to spend some of your own money on presents then go for it, but if you don't mind either way then you might as well save the cash. My family have always picked and bought presents for each other so I can't imagine it any other way.

Shino if you haven't got money then fair enough don't buy presents - I'm not saying it's wrong not to, I just like it.

I made some tablet today, which I only ever make at Christmas. A pretty good first batch of the year I think. Could be better though, not as good quality that got me reputation of the best tablet maker on the left hand side of Station Road.

I made some tablet today, which I only ever make at Christmas. A pretty good first batch of the year I think. Could be better though, not as good quality that got me reputation of the best tablet maker on the left hand side of Station Road.

Oh sweet, I could do with a whole load of that right now. Tried to make some a few months back using one of my aunties recipes, but it didn't set properly. I just ended up with ridiculously sweet goo, which was still good, but nothing compared to when it's properly made.

I don't like doing Christmas shopping this early, as I worry that between now and then I'll either (a) give away the surprise or (b) they'll get one themselves.

What we do Shorty is we say anything on the list we carn't purchase it before the 25th. So it gives people a chance, however I think I'll get student related items like I did the last two years not good :(. And most people won't give you direct money.

However I know alot of people who like herseys chocolate so I have gone whole sale on it I propably have around 35 bars of about 7 different herseys chocolate.

22 Christmas shopping days left

Right getting some ideas for xmas;

The Fray - How To Save A Life (album)

Arrested Development Season Three

Scrubs Season One

Mighty Boosh Season One (or Live, not sure)

How I Met Your Mother Season One

Christmas Trees, real or fake? Which is better?

Absolutely no question!

Real all the way, as for the mess you just put it on a rug or blanket or something then all the needles fall onto that, they're not exactly hard to clear up anyway - once over with a hover!

We have a real tree that we re-plant in the garden each year, it was small the first year and has grown quite a lot during subsequent years, wonder how big it is now?

I really don't know what to buy my mum for christmas, she is without a doubt the most awkward to buy for. Whatever I buy she'll most likely just put in a draw and forget about or not bother using. I think last year I bought her a DVD/book and she hasn't even watched/read it. EUGH. I feel like i can't be bothered to get her anything as whatever i do she'll just be ungrateful.

Has to be a real Christmas Tree, unless you're going away for a significant amount of time in which case you might as well use a fake one.