NEurope
ZeldaFreak

The Christmas Thread

Oh, and alcohol, lots of alcohol.

Someone I know has a big bottle of Absynthe...I'll be robbing it :D.

Oh, and alcohol, lots of alcohol.

Someone I know has a big bottle of Absynthe...I'll be robbing it :D.

Is that the reddy stuff that tastes nice straight? I'm probably wrong, If so ignore me.

Absinthe is about 75% by vol. It tastes absolutely foul and is turquoise coloured. 3 or 4 shots at a go will drop you.

Hmm...if you're thinking reddish, you probably mean Whiskey or Jagermeister.

It made a bunch of people go blind so it got banned in the UK.

Costs a bomb to get imported thought Harrod's/internet can hook you up.

It's an experience.. unfortunately when there is a party with some floating around I always miss it.

It made a bunch of people go blind so it got banned in the UK.

Costs a bomb to get imported thought Harrod's/internet can hook you up.

It's an experience.. unfortunately when there is a party with some floating around I always miss it.

I've got some absinthe.. I've not gone blind. But I agree with Bard its foul, and I hardly touch it. Friend got me it from Portugal, its dirt cheap on the continent.

I had a few shots of 80% absinthe the other day.. It was alright. I quite liked the taste of it, rather like strong ouzo, therefore, nice! Downed it easily and didnt feel pissed. Its only like drinking a pint, but in shot form..

Anyone know of any links for christmas song ideas (single releases)?

Or any recommendations on christmas songs to download courtesy of going into a shop and buying them because warez is baaaaaad!!???

Or any recommendations on christmas songs to download courtesy of going into a shop and buying them because warez is baaaaaad!!???

Warez is never bad!

Please note, NE does not condone warez. Only Jordan, oh yes.

Why do adverts go through all that bother to make a Christmas advert, such as the Argos one, when they could simply say "This Christmas" at the end of their advert?

"Knorr, because food deserves better, this Christmas." - That works

"More reasons to shop at Morrisons, this Christmas." - That also works.

"Wahing machines live longer with Calgon, this Christmas." - That's okay, I suppose, who knows who'll get gravy stains during Christmas dinner.

"Durex play, this Christmas." - Well, not in front of the kids please.

That's just my opinion, though.

Anyone know of any links for christmas song ideas (single releases)?

Fairytale of New York, best christmas song ever in my opinion. Completely unsentimental and paints an accurate picture of what christmas is all about, drunkenness, arguements, love, tragedy and hope. For the love of all that is holy just make sure it's the original Pogues version and not the travesty that is Ronan Keating's version.

As for what I want for christmas.... not a clue. I drive the parents up and down the walls as I can never think of anything when they ask. Guess I might ask for a Wii as I wont be able to afford one come December 8th.

I would personally say Slade or Wizard, truelly the magic of xmas.

Or even better Mel & Smith's Jingle Bell Rock.

Being from the Midlands I can never tire of hearing "Merry Christmas Everybody" and "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday" but of course, many other Christmas songs are absolutely brilliant if you hadn't heard them in the last 10 months.

Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody is the ultimate Christmas song!

"It's Chriiiiiiiiiistmaaaaaas" doesn't get any better!

Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody is the ultimate Christmas song!

"It's Chriiiiiiiiiistmaaaaaas" doesn't get any better!

This man knows his Christmas songs.

Almost every girl on my contact list has 'All I want for Christmas is you' on their names already, idiots!

Almost every girl on my contact list has 'All I want for Christmas is you' on their names already, idiots!

Maybe they're trying to tell you something. :wink:

Hmm i think I better buy my xmas pressies on Friday...I hope it doesn't cost too much though; i'm not spending more than £80 altogether i think.

Advent Calender time tomorrow!

Hopefully mine will be enabled at midnight.

Hehe I know what you mean cube, however, should of bought a chocolate one when I was up in newcastle maybe three one for each week left.